What's new

‘Vietnam has emerged as a regional power in South-East Asia’: Hamid Ansari

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetically speaking if Vietnam and China went to war it would be totally different from the one fought between Vietnam and the US.

I am no military strategist, but just on location alone China is next to Vietnam which means resupply lines are pretty much unstoppable as compared to the US which is already on flight time more than 10 hours away. A simple train ride from Nanning to Hanoi will get you there faster and thats a slow train.

Plus China already :, which means they can easily replace spare parts for any sophisticated system without assistance from any nations (except maybe Russia for engines). Vietnam is not a major arms producer er, any shortfall in spares for aircraft etc will be dependent on resupply from their arms supplier which is subject to blockades. Assuming Vietnam pilots took down 2 planes for every 1 they lose they would still run out of planes before China did, not to mention the ground troops will easily cross the border (being so near) and have full ressuply lines.

Vn vs China without a third party intervention is just a losing battle, even if they can't hold the ground they can turn the country backwards. Its just reality
But China is not oil producer,when war happen,we will sink all Chinas oil tanker,merchan ships passing through our EEZ.Without oil in few weeks,Chinas economy will collapse.

It took 20 years to defeat US,but we only need few weeks to defeat China.:coffee:

Hypothetically speaking if Vietnam and China went to war it would be totally different from the one fought between Vietnam and the US.

I am no military strategist, but just on location alone China is next to Vietnam which means resupply lines are pretty much unstoppable as compared to the US which is already on flight time more than 10 hours away. A simple train ride from Nanning to Hanoi will get you there faster and thats a slow train.

Plus China already :, which means they can easily replace spare parts for any sophisticated system without assistance from any nations (except maybe Russia for engines). Vietnam is not a major arms producer er, any shortfall in spares for aircraft etc will be dependent on resupply from their arms supplier which is subject to blockades. Assuming Vietnam pilots took down 2 planes for every 1 they lose they would still run out of planes before China did, not to mention the ground troops will easily cross the border (being so near) and have full ressuply lines.

Vn vs China without a third party intervention is just a losing battle, even if they can't hold the ground they can turn the country backwards. Its just reality
But China is not oil producer,when war happen,we will sink all Chinas oil tanker,merchan ships passing through our EEZ.Without oil in few weeks,Chinas economy will collapse.

It took 20 years to defeat US,but we only need few weeks to defeat China.:coffee:

Hamid Ansari breaks all records of "tatta choosing"..calls Vietnam a regional power...ohh please!
In South East Asia, please! Not in "Global" term.
You are Elite members but you said like a troll.....! very disappointment.

China is oil producer, bro. But it's not enough for them, so they want control SCS with their illegal and ridiculous claim.

In South East Asia, please! Not in "Global" term.
You are Elite members but you said like a troll.....! very disappointment.

China is oil producer, bro. But it's not enough for them, so they want control SCS with their illegal and ridiculous claim.

And if a naval war broke out between Vietnam and China, Vietnam has less than zero chance. Vietnam would need foreign assistance in order to counter china on the waves or under it.

Do you know that Vietnam has an economy that is growing rapidly? In another 10 years Vietnam will truly become a regional power. and we recognize it now for what Vietnam is sure to become.

So in 10 years not now. Please quantify the topic with "in 10 years, Vietnam will be a regional power". Unfortunately, I do not share this view as Vietnam would be even more backward.

So in 10 years not now. Please quantify the topic with "in 10 years, Vietnam will be a regional power". Unfortunately, I do not share this view as Vietnam would be even more backward.
no need for troll more, guys... or you will be stupid like others idiot.
Vietnam has emerged as a regional power in South-East Asia
And if a naval war broke out between Vietnam and China, Vietnam has less than zero chance. Vietnam would need foreign assistance in order to counter china on the waves or under it.
You said like a Prophet, I hope you would become leader of China, really! I will pray for that. :rolleyes:

Go to have your statements checks over or revised, you have forgot that we hold you by the "balls" with your famous Red River, you will beg us for mercy if we decide to tighten the valve of water flow: your agriculture, your industrial and economy, sociaty are all depend on this river and Mekong from the south, Vietnam will collapse and in total chaos in less 24 hrs if that ever happened.

And I dare to say Vietnam emerged as regional power in South-East Asia is all depend on China attitude, if we turn blind eyes on Vietnam foreign policy, you Vietnameses can sing fews glorious patriotic songs and bragg about Dai-Viet, if we're not in the good mood, you will feel miserable.

Go to have your statements checks over or revised, you have forgot that we hold you by the "balls" with your famous Red River, you will beg us for mercy if we decide to tighten the valve of water flow: your agriculture, your industrial and economy, sociaty are all depend on this river and Mekong from the south, Vietnam will collapse and in total chaos in less 24 hrs if that ever happened.

And I dare to say Vietnam emerged as regional power in South-East Asia is all depend on China attitude, if we turn blind eyes on Vietnam foreign policy, you Vietnameses can sing fews glorious patriotic songs and bragg about Dai-Viet, if we're not in the good mood, you will feel miserable.

If china violate rules of international law by change the stream of Red river, revenge suicidal attack should be done to Three Idiot Dam in China.
Red River has also 3 main streams (Da River, Lo River and Thao River), only Thao River come from China.

how to stop Red rivers flow?by ur stupid dam?oh,our scud D will destroy it completely or our'mud men'will sneak into ur territory again and destroy it.

We didn't said it until you said that China will attack us with bla and bla.

Hence the word hypothetical,

in addition I did not actually I didn't read your post fully but comparing a 1979 China and a 2012 China is ridiculous, in the last 30 years so many more efficient killing machines have evolved which I believe China is capable of manufacturing pretty much 90% of them.

Hence the word hypothetical,

in addition I did not actually I didn't read your post fully but comparing a 1979 China and a 2012 China is ridiculous, in the last 30 years so many more efficient killing machines have evolved which I believe China is capable of manufacturing pretty much 90% of them.

I think you are chinese in native. I just wonder what you said that China is strong and etc, for what ? If you should be fair in this matter you can say it, and we know it. The war is not solution for SCS dispute.
however we have to prepare for worst. pls to understand our view of point.
If you are telling, calculating about china's strength, is just like other chinese warmongers in forum, to thread and bully us. You have your mistake.

comparing 1979 and 2012 etc. every changed, yes ! but not only China.

I think you are chinese in native. I just wonder what you said that China is strong and etc, for what ? If you should be fair in this matter you can say it, and we know it. The war is not solution for SCS dispute.
however we have to prepare for worst. pls to understand our view of point.
If you are telling, calculating about china's strength, is just like other chinese warmongers in forum, to thread and bully us. You have your mistake.

comparing 1979 and 2012 etc. every changed, yes ! but not only China.

I am a Chinese (Singaporean) don't deny that. But more importantly I am person of logic, just as how many forum members have threatened to bomb Singapore using some 40 year old bomb I argue base because its against well logic. A if a person from US or China said they would bomb Singapore using their arsenal I got no arguments to say they couldn't, except its not logical that they would.

Hence I used the word hypothetical, hence meaning I do not believe such an event would happen, but in the hypothetical scenario i.e far fetch as it may that it does.

I never said I supported China's methods in the SCS (if you find such a post from me in this forum, post it here and I will apologies because I never did support it). The deduction I make is not emotional but purely logical if war did break out, of course it will be bad news for all ASEAN nations not just VN.

We are ASEAN after all believe it or not

@Anonymous user

if there is a war with Singapore, than it is rather a troll war or war of words, no more.
The likelyhood of a confrontation with China is much higher but it is not on the horizon as both sides are willing to seek a peaceful solution on negotiating table.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Anonymous user

if there is a war with Singapore, than it is rather a troll war or war of words, no more.
The likelyhood of a confrontation with China is much higher but it is not on the horizon as both sides are willing to seek a peaceful solution on negotiating table.

Cheers mate, I too believe so.

Lets hope we can all get some understanding amongst each other and sort things out. God knows this region has suffered enough and its seems silly to fight especially since we all have similar cultures when so many outsiders are already acting against our interest. Then again its probably wishful thinking

That said we should really set aside a ASEAN gathering for the younger generations on a big scale, that should at least promote the building blocks of solidarity among the nations in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
If china violate rules of international law by change the stream of Red river, revenge suicidal attack should be done to Three Idiot Dam in China.
Red River has also 3 main streams (Da River, Lo River and Thao River), only Thao River come from China.

Lol, how you gonna revenge when you're already half death without water :rofl:, and how you gonna have a suicidal attack on our dam far deeper inside china territory? :rofl: . 1/3 of your population is depend on this river for survive that Include Hanoi...which over 30 millions will suffer of dehydration in first 24 hrs.

Redriverasiamap.png

how to stop Red rivers flow?by ur stupid dam?oh,our scud D will destroy it completely or our'mud men'will sneak into ur territory again and destroy it.

No we don't need dam, we just dig and divert the water flow pure and simple. in the future, we will need more water for Inland and we will route the pure fresh for our population and you Vietnamese have to drink the sea water...and eventually Nord beautifull vietnam will be come sahara desert...

you should have conquer and annexe Kunming during period of Da-Viet (is there a strong peoriod of Vietnam in history?? :rofl:)...seem like your ancesters were like you know only how to bad mouth China but short sight and miss the strategic opportunity...it's genetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom