What's new

Vietnam Conducts Air-Ground Military Exercises

Problem is why we need a war?
Unless Vietnam start a war first, it makes no sense to start a war...
China can use economy way, politics way to achieve what China want.
Why a war...

well, it sounds logical to me. what´s stopping you from starting a war? are you afraid, the world will no longer believe to your own propaganda "peaceful rise"? do you think you can start a war without consequences against your neighbors and the world keeps silent because you are too big, too important?

we will not start the war. why should we?

By the way, has china already developed any active protection system for tanks yet?
Yes, on ZTZ99 and ZTZ99A MBTs. But i don't know how it work coz i didn't see anti-missile test pic yet, especially whether it can against Top Attack Missile.

1-gen on ZTZ99 turret
ztz99 ad_02.jpg

2-gen on ZTZ99A turret
ztz99a ad_01.jpg

Yes, on ZTZ99 and ZTZ99A MBTs. But i don't know how it work coz i didn't see anti-missile test pic yet, especially whether it can against Top Attack Missile.

1-gen on ZTZ99 turret
View attachment 154171

2-gen on ZTZ99A turret
View attachment 154172

Interesting, thank you. I can see that its not going to be easy to destroy those tanks.

The system in the second picture looks a lot like the Arena system from Russia.

@Viet Did you see the previous post? There is no replacement for a big gun in a tank. I'm definitely not happy with the T-55M3 upgrade.

Last edited:
Usually you need a laser warning machine and a smoke launcher.
If you see a incoming missile, fire the smoke rocket around the tank, hide the tank inside the smoke.
These smoke could block the laser and also make the heat guide missile not able to find the tank.

1-gen on ZTZ99 turret
View attachment 154171
2-gen on ZTZ99A turret
View attachment 154172

Interesting, thank you. I can see that its not going to be easy to destroy those tanks.

@Viet Did you see the previous post? There is no replacement for a big gun in a tank. I'm definitely not happy with the T-55M3 upgrade.

$1 million for a T-54 upgrade is a waste of money.

Me with a javelin strapped to my back riding a horse through the mountains of VN can kill 100 Type-99 MBTs. This will only cost $200,000.

MBT is only needed if someone needs to occupy another country. I don't think PLA want to occupy VN.

If you see a incoming missile, fire the smoke rocket around the tank, hide the tank inside the smoke.
These smoke could block the laser and also make the heat guide missile not able to find the tank.

Yes, but that only goes so far and is not always effective or the missile / rocket might hit you before you have time to react. there is no replacement for an active protection system and as I wrote before, the Israelis had great results with their Trophy system in Gaza, the system saved 15 tanks including one that was shot at 7 times.

Me with a javelin strapped to my back riding a horse through the mountains of VN can kill 100 Type-99 MBTs. This will only cost $200,000.

MBT is only needed if someone needs to occupy another country. I don't think PLA want to occupy VN.

Bravo, Black flag in his white horse shooting javelins, ha ha, that's great.

I agree with you, that upgrade is not worth it. If you are going to do it, go all the way or don't do it. I've seen a few cases where VN goes cheap on the equipment and that doesn't work against a superior enemy. Have to go for good quality, effective stuff that can do the job, if its expensive, then lower quantity, that's ok.

I think the Israelis greased someone's pocket in VN with that upgrade.

Laser warning system is a part of active defense system.
The israel system is effective against RPGs, but not so sure about modern anti tank missile...
Current laser warning, smoke system is quite effective against missile like Javelin..

Yes, but that only goes so far and is not always effective or the missile / rocket might hit you before you have time to react. there is no replacement for an active protection system and as I wrote before, the Israelis had great results with their Trophy system in Gaza, the system saved 15 tanks including one that was shot at 7 times.

The system in the second picture looks a lot like the Arena system from Russia.

LOL yes, you are right. but not only our tanks are inferior, but most of the rest of our military hardware :cry:

I agree with you, that upgrade is not worth it. If you are going to do it, go all the way or don't do it. I've seen a few cases where VN goes cheap on the equipment and that doesn't work against a superior enemy. Have to go for good quality, effective stuff that can do the job, if its expensive, then lower quantity, that's ok.

Is it even confirmed that VN will be going for that upgrade? usually the Israeli would make an announcement if a contract has been signed, even if they have to say "signed by an unnamed country."

I've never heard about any upgrade deal from the Israeli.

Modern military requires a lot of money and high tech
Small countries can hardly compete with big country in either quality or quantity..
They could only afford small quantity of high quality weapon.
And they can easily be destroyed by big countries in high quality and high quantity..

@Carlosa, @hans said is 1-gen China active protection system on ZTZ99 tank, it's a Lazer + Smoke system, strickly a soft defense system on MBT.

But for ZTZ99A's 2-gen active protection system, it's a hard-kill defense system ... although i didn't have detail pics about it but there's test report from internal to prove 2-gen active protection system has many small bullets to hit coming missile, and it achieved satisfactory result.
1260192720072.jpg

1260192720252.jpg

1260192720423.jpg

My answer is YES, China ZTZ99 and ZTZ99A has soft and hard-kill active protection system.

that´s it: you are the saver of vietnam :yahoo: blacky as the hero. we will name a street after you.

by the way, how do you know the chinese don´t want to take back vietnam? in reality, even after 1,000 years, they can´t get over the fact vietnam as a province splitted up from china.

Haha
That is the disadvantage of small country
Not able to afford a big army with best quality weapon..

LOL yes, you are right. but not only our tanks are inferior, but most of the rest of our military hardware :cry:

Is it even confirmed that VN will be going for that upgrade? usually the Israeli would make an announcement if a contract has been signed, even if they have to say "signed by an unnamed country."

I've never heard about any upgrade deal from the Israeli.

I did see the Israeli announcement in the press, but the thing is, it was later canceled by VN (no official announcement as usual) and strangely enough, the latest info seems to be that they restarted the program again (everything in unofficial terms as always). Obviously there is something strange going on with that program, but with VN's secrecy, we never know what's going on as usual.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom