What's new

Vietnam Conducts Air-Ground Military Exercises

bro, how about installing RGP-29 on our tanks?
View attachment 154096

I think its not practical, it requires an operator to handle it, its really an infantry weapon or for a vehicle like an APC / IFV where there is personal to do it. Its also more of a close range weapon.

I just did some research about the Lahad missile that is part of the T-55 upgrade and found out that India rejected it because it doesn't meet specs. Its supposed to have a 6 km range, but the Indians tested it and it has less than 1200 m effective range, which is very bad. The whole point of the tank having a missile is so that it can engage an enemy tank before our tank is within their range, a tank gun can easily have an effective range of no less than 2 km, so if the missile only has 1200 m, this is bad.

Now I see 2 things that I don't like in the T-55 upgrade, $930.000 is too much if you get little for that money; I can see why the army keeps going back and forth with it; there is resistance to it.

Last edited:
how about installing some ATGM like Javelin or Spike into your APC/IFV

Javelin.JPG

how about installing some ATGM like Javelin or Spike into your APC/IFV

View attachment 154106

Javelin would workout ok, I believe it can be remotely operated from inside the tank, right?

It should be ok for APC / IFV's without any doubt, but I think it would be a good addition to the tank turret of a tank that needs extra punch.

I like Javelin a lot, it can defeat any tank as far as I know since tanks are always too thin at the top.

Javelin would workout ok, I believe it can be remotely operated from inside the tank, right?

I like Javelin a lot, it can defeat any tank as far as I know since tanks are always too thin at the top.

yes it can, to defeat Javelin rounds you need some capable Active protection system installed at your vehicle, Arena or Trophy is recommended

yes it can, to defeat Javelin rounds you need some capable Active protection system installed at your vehicle, Arena or Trophy is recommended

Yes, that would be the only way to defeat it, but china does not have those as far as I know (but I think they are developing one too, India also, actually, the Indian active protection system would be the only one that can intercept tank shells, that's really something).

And if I remember correctly, the Javelin has an infrared seeker and is a fire and forget weapon and that its definitely very nice too.

Trophy is the top one right now, its not only 360 degree coverage, but its been battle tested in Gaza, not a single tank with Trophy got hit, one tank was shot 7 times with either RPG / ATGM and intercepted all shots, amazing.

Last edited:
You are right...
China is not likely to start a ground war with Vietnam..
It can hardly be finished in short time..
Also the world politics would not support such action. It will be called invasion.
A fast raid to destroy Vietnam Navy and air force is more likely.
Without navy and air force, vietnam can hardly do anything in south China sea...

Seriously, what are the chances of Chinese heavy MBT entering VN from its northern border? I think very unlikely. I think modern man-portable ATGM are good enough in the northern VN terrain.

Maybe buying a small amount of T-90 to protect the Hanoi area just in case. But I highly doubt the PLA would be driving MBT down to VietNam soon.

VN needs to set up a BMD system first.

You are right...
China is not likely to start a ground war with Vietnam..
It can hardly be finished in short time..
Also the world politics would not support such action. It will be called invasion.
A fast raid to destroy Vietnam Navy and air force is more likely.
Without navy and air force, vietnam can hardly do anything in south China sea...

I got nothing to do with this , but , as i can say , Fast raid against Vietnam? Im not so sure about it. Vietnam is a strong country above all , the third strongest country in South East , and the First in Indochina. Its gonna be a harsh battle , but i can say that china is going to win the battle anyway , cause vietnam still needs technologies , fire power etc..
Chine is like a beast . But also if china want's to start war with vietnam.. meh.. Russia would not like that , and mostly USA will support Vietnam , and mostly the UN will disagree with this , as you said.

Keeping the military up to date with latest techniques is crucial for any country. Good going Vietnam.

As the military folks say, sweat harder in peace so that you bleed less in war. Good luck from India!

Keeping the military up to date with latest techniques is crucial for any country. Good going Vietnam.

As the military folks say, sweat harder in peace so that you bleed less in war. Good luck from India!

Another , Good Luck , From France.

Vietnam is strong in south east. But much weaker comparing to China, especially in Navy and Air force.
A fast raid to disable Vietnam navy and air force is possible. Also this will not cause much politics issue.
A land war will be much troublesome..
Also China will not start a war first unless started by Vietnam..
Do you think Russia, US and west countries like France will do anything for Vietnam?
They will do nothing.China is much more important than Vietnam to all countries..

I got nothing to do with this , but , as i can say , Fast raid against Vietnam? Im not so sure about it. Vietnam is a strong country above all , the third strongest country in South East , and the First in Indochina. Its gonna be a harsh battle , but i can say that china is going to win the battle anyway , cause vietnam still needs technologies , fire power etc..
Chine is like a beast . But also if china want's to start war with vietnam.. meh.. Russia would not like that , and mostly USA will support Vietnam , and mostly the UN will disagree with this , as you said.

Yes, that would be the only way to defeat it, but china does not have those as far as I know (but I think they are developing one too, India also, actually, the Indian active protection system would be the only one that can intercept tank shells, that's really something).

And if I remember correctly, the Javelin has an infrared seeker and is a fire and forget weapon and that its definitely very nice too.

Trophy is the top one right now, its not only 360 degree coverage, but its been battle tested in Gaza, not a single tank with Trophy got hit, one tank was shot 7 times with either RPG / ATGM and intercepted all shots, amazing.
A Modern War base on Money & Tech ... more advanced weapon and more money cost.

The Javelin is a amazing ATM to against 3-gen MBTs, most MBTs still lack effective defense to a Top Attack missile, so the Javelin or Spike-MR they r much better than RPG29 ... the cost is more expensive price (125,0000$ launcher, 40,000$ missile), weight (22.5kg) and short-range (max 2.5km), shorter range and more risk for Javelin shooter.

FGM-148 Javelin

Of course for Beast China, they have HJ-12 and TS-01 Top Attack ATM like Javelin, also cheaper than the West. :coffee:
HJ12.jpg

TS01_01.jpg

Last edited:
A Modern War base on Money & Tech ... more advanced weapon and more money cost.

The Javelin is a amazing ATM to against 3-gen MBTs, most MBTs still lack effective defense to a Top Attack missile, so the Javelin or Spike-MR they r much better than RPG29 ... the cost is more expensive price (125,0000$ launcher, 40,000$ missile), weight (22.5kg) and short-range (max 2.5km), shorter range and more risk for Javelin shooter.

FGM-148 Javelin

Of course, for Beast China PLA have HJ-12 and TS-01 Top Attack ATM like Javelin, also cheaper too. :coffee:

Javelin might not be cheap at $125K + $40K, but looking at the whole picture, its a lot cheaper than the tank that gets destroyed and a lot cheaper than a $930.000 tank upgrade that its still not effective enough.

By the way, has china already developed any active protection system for tanks yet?

Vietnam is strong in south east. But much weaker comparing to China, especially in Navy and Air force.
A fast raid to disable Vietnam navy and air force is possible. Also this will not cause much politics issue.
A land war will be much troublesome..
Also China will not start a war first unless started by Vietnam..
Do you think Russia, US and west countries like France will do anything for Vietnam?
They will do nothing.China is much more important than Vietnam to all countries..
well, it sounds logical to me. what´s stopping you from starting a war? are you afraid, the world will no longer believe to your own propaganda "peaceful rise"? do you think you can start a war without consequences against one of your neighbors and the world keeps silent because you are too big, too important?

if people followed your logic, China should start the next world war because all will sit idle as they fear to lose the big consumer market in China if they act otherwise. We have no chance, but beat you several times, have you forgotten?

we will not start the war. why should we?

Last edited:
There are laser and smoke protection system in the most advanced 99 series tanks..
But no on cheap and old tanks.

Javelin might not be cheap at $125K + $40K, but looking at the whole picture, its a lot cheaper than the tank that gets destroyed and a lot cheaper than a $930.000 tank upgrade that its still not effective enough.

By the way, has china already developed any active protection system for tanks yet?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom