What's new

Vietnam Conducts Air-Ground Military Exercises

Russia rely so much on China.
China and Russia is very close friends that has cooperation in military, energy, finance...
While Vietnam is a little friend without much benefit for Russia..
So is other countries..
They hate Vietnam much more than China!
dear friend, come on, we both know how things go on in the region. we know you and vice versa.
in ancient times, the jungle law dictated the rule of the game. similar to elsewhere in the world, in SEA, everybody was against everybody as everybody sought hegemony. Understandable.

Burma invaded Thailand.
Thailand invaded Burma, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Champa invaded Vietnam and Cambodia.

you don´t mind seeing others fighting against each others, but you cheered when our enemies as Thailand, Cambodia and Champa were invading Vietnam, but when we hit back, you threatened and attacked Vietnam. the kingdom of Champa alone launched 10 invasions into Vietnam. Did you do anything to help us? Nope. You have absolutely no sense of humour. You are evil.

Of course, the Thai and the Khmers loved you because you backed their aggressions against Vietnam. Too bad for them, we annihilated their armies, including yours.

Last edited:
Add large numbers of 105mm ZBD-05 in PLA NanJing military region, Hmmm ... except updated there's no more type63 coz ZBD-05 mass production.
So 63's retirement is already comfirmed? I didn't remember there are officially announcement... but I do remember i saw on the news that there is a guy in Zhe Jiang Province bough a retirement 63a last year, so i guess lol.

So 63's retirement is already comfirmed? I didn't remember there are officially announcement... but I do remember i saw on the news that there is a guy in Zhe Jiang Province bough a retirement 63a last year, so i guess lol.
Recent years China was updating all weapons from 80s old to 2000s latest tech, Army/Airforce/Navy all getting their new weapons. Yes type63a start to retire and more ZBD-05 replace them, if u see my two PLA pic threads in China defense section there'r already many ZBD-05s in PLA NanJing military region.

Recent years China was updating all weapons from 80s old to 2000s latest tech, Army/Airforce/Navy all getting their new weapons. Yes type63a start to retire and more ZBD-05 replace them, if u see my two PLA pic threads in China defense section there'r already many ZBD-05s in PLA NanJing military region.

images732609_4_suc_manh_phi_thuong_dac_cong_quan_doi_viet_nam_phunutoday[1].jpg

images732610_5_suc_manh_phi_thuong_dac_cong_quan_doi_viet_nam_phunutoday[1].jpg

That's really exciting. There are so many different IFV model got developed within a past decade and get me so exciting while so confused :laugh:. From type 86, 97, to 03, 04, 05, even 08...etc.
Btw the ZBD-05 equiped with 105mm gun called ZTD-05 right?

That's really exciting. There are so many different IFV model got developed within a past decade and get me so exciting while so confused :laugh:. From type 86, 97, to 03, 04, 05, even 08...etc.
Btw the ZBD-05 equiped with 105mm gun called ZTD-05 right?
Correct, 30mm machie-gun turret called ZBD-05, 105mm gun turret called ZTD-05 ... u know more than me, bro.

Well, the T-90 is 4.25 million and an IFV like the BMP-3 is already around 2.5-3 million.

I've also read that the Sprut-SD for VN will have some improvements based on the new version for Russia, but I don't know the details.

I like the Sprut-SD, I think it will workout well for VN, but I'd like to see it with active protection.
do you know where the new hardware T90 and Sprut will be deployed? Can´t wait to see them in action :D

Add large numbers of 105mm ZBD-05 in PLA NanJing military region, Hmmm ... except updated there's no more type63 coz ZBD-05 mass production.

View attachment 154746
View attachment 154762
nice tanks. It seems you have an overwhelming advantage in firepower here. by the way, have I told you that our positions in the south china sea are heavily defended and the bunkers are designed to withstand artillery fire?

This is information is from the VZ.ru electronic newspaper, Voice of Russia, and a number of other sites. According to VZ, the armored forces of Vietnam are mainly equipped with T-55 and T-72 Soviet produced tanks and are need of modernization. This information is quite strange, because a long time Vietnam has mainly used T-54/55 tanks in military maneuvers, with only the occasional appearance of the T-62 (which is said to be very small in numbers).

According to some sources, in 2005, Poland had wanted to supply Vietnam with 150 T-72M1 main battle tanks. However, this deal did not go through.

VZ said that in recent years, Vietnam has been made efforts to modernize the T-54/55 tanks in service. Preparations were made to equip Slovakian fire control systems and new powertrains, procure Israel Blazer recover vehicles, and mount 100mm guns and 105mm mortars on additional vehicles. However, the modernization program was stopped with the creation of a batch of prototypes for testing and only slightly improved recovery and repair vehicles.

Instead, Russia has offered to improve Vietnam's armor forces by upgrading it's existing T-72 tanks and offering to sell new T-90s. At the same time, the newspaper VZ said the military leadership of Vietnam has decided to consider this possibility. Experts in Vietnam have analysed the T-90 and observed it during military exercises in India - a country with T-90S tanks in service, manufactured under license from Russia.

"The Russian tank meets the demands and requirements of the military personnel in Vietnam, but the problem of unifying the entire army tank force remains complex. For example, to reduce the cost of maintenance, units will have to switch completely to the new tank - this will entail difficulties in organization and transport, "said VZ.

Báo Nga: Việt Nam hiện đại hóa xe tăng T-72, mua T-90? | Vũ khí | Kienthuc.net.vn

This is information is from the VZ.ru electronic newspaper, Voice of Russia, and a number of other sites. According to VZ, the armored forces of Vietnam are mainly equipped with T-55 and T-72 Soviet produced tanks and are need of modernization. This information is quite strange, because a long time Vietnam has mainly used T-54/55 tanks in military maneuvers, with only the occasional appearance of the T-62 (which is said to be very small in numbers).

According to some sources, in 2005, Poland had wanted to supply Vietnam with 150 T-72M1 main battle tanks. However, this deal did not go through.

VZ said that in recent years, Vietnam has been made efforts to modernize the T-54/55 tanks in service. Preparations were made to equip Slovakian fire control systems and new powertrains, procure Israel Blazer recover vehicles, and mount 100mm guns and 105mm mortars on additional vehicles. However, the modernization program was stopped with the creation of a batch of prototypes for testing and only slightly improved recovery and repair vehicles.

Instead, Russia has offered to improve Vietnam's armor forces by upgrading it's existing T-72 tanks and offering to sell new T-90s. At the same time, the newspaper VZ said the military leadership of Vietnam has decided to consider this possibility. Experts in Vietnam have analysed the T-90 and observed it during military exercises in India - a country with T-90S tanks in service, manufactured under license from Russia.

"The Russian tank meets the demands and requirements of the military personnel in Vietnam, but the problem of unifying the entire army tank force remains complex. For example, to reduce the cost of maintenance, units will have to switch completely to the new tank - this will entail difficulties in organization and transport, "said VZ.

Báo Nga: Việt Nam hiện đại hóa xe tăng T-72, mua T-90? | Vũ khí | Kienthuc.net.vn

I can't find that article on VZ. ru

Well, the T-90 is 4.25 million and an IFV like the BMP-3 is already around 2.5-3 million.

I've also read that the Sprut-SD for VN will have some improvements based on the new version for Russia, but I don't know the details.

I like the Sprut-SD, I think it will workout well for VN, but I'd like to see it with active protection.

The BMD-4M has options for add-on amour (and still remain amphibious) so maybe VN's Sprut will have that extra armour.

Back
Top Bottom