What's new

Vietnam-China: Better ties hold key to South China Sea disputes

A little bias in your opinions here, my friend. Spratly islands are also far away from Vietnam as well , why should she gets more islands than everyone else. Besides, she already shamelessly and sneakily occupied more than her share already.

You need a reason? The reason is that from time immemorial, and right now, we have managed most of the island in the the Spratly Islands. We have managed it peacefully, we did not use any force to account for it, because before that no one owns any of it. So it is enough?

A little bias in your opinions here, my friend. Spratly islands are also far away from Vietnam as well , why should she gets more islands than everyone else. Besides, she already shamelessly and sneakily occupied more than her share already.
Bro, We have a clear map to show that all islands belong to VN, when another nations don't have any historical evidence on it ,so we have to take back all, that's it.

Bro, We have a clear map to show that all islands belong to VN, when another nations don't have any historical evidence on it ,so we have to take back all, that's it.

There are always claims and counter claims and produce their proofs as it were legitimated documents. Don't forget, Western Pacific fishermen from all claimant nations has been fishing here for a millennium. Every one of those groups can claim this area as theirs because of economic reasons, albeit without a piece of paper like Vietnam and China have.

I told Chinese many time that: this paper was issued by North VN PM, and before 1975, North VN didn't control those islands, so this paper is just a toilet paper only.

Just like North Korea can not "sell" Seoul to China, bcz Seoul belong to S.K , not N.K:coffee:

Even if they offer which you call "toilet paper" as the basis for their fragile claims, it only says that their waters is 12 nautical miles from their coast.

There are always claims and counter claims and produce their proofs as it were legitimated documents. Don't forget, Western Pacific fishermen from all claimant nations has been fishing here for a millennium. Every one of those groups can claim this area as theirs because of economic reasons, albeit without a piece of paper like Vietnam and China have.
Hundred years ago, the was no country or kingdom in Phillipine's land , so how could some fishing groups claim those islands belong to a country name Phillipine ??

You need a reason? The reason is that from time immemorial, and right now, we have managed most of the island in the the Spratly Islands. We have managed it peacefully, we did not use any force to account for it, because before that no one owns any of it. So it is enough?

That's fine too and I don't think China wants to go to war over the Pratly Islands that are already under Vietnam control. But China took Paracel Islands from South Vietnam government as a spoil of war, and if Vietnam wants them, she has to muscle them out of China hands.

You're right. So why annual China use their muscle power to prohibit fishermen of other countries fishing in the waters.

Hundred years ago, the was no country or kingdom in Phillipine's land , so how could some fishing groups claim those islands belong to a country name Phillipine ??

Fishermen from the past been known to travel far for rich fishing grounds. Many old maps were based on the information from them. I'm talking about fishermen from China, Japan and Vietnam. Don't under estimate our ancestors, Bro!

That's fine too and I don't think China wants to go to war over the Pratly Islands that are already under Vietnam control. But China took Paracel Islands from South Vietnam government as a spoil of war, and if Vietnam wants them, she has to muscle them out of China hands.
It's not esasy when robbing some lands that belong to VN, so Some time , China retreat before we show our muscle , just like how they left Lao San moutain that they occupied in 1984 :coffee:
In 1990, Vo Nguyen Giap, vice-chairman of the Council of Ministers and deputy Prime Minister of Vietnam, accepted an invitation to Beijing. A Vietnamese delegation took part in the Eleventh Asian Games, and signs of Sino-Vietnamese friendship began to appear. At political study sessions for officers above the rank of battalion commander, there were requests to sum up and look back on the war, and the officers on the front lines could sense that the war might end soon.

A broken generation

When the war was finally over in 1992, combat troops left Laoshan.
Three decades after the Sino-Vietnamese War
longyi said:
Fishermen from the past been known to travel far for rich fishing grounds. Many old maps were based on the information from them. I'm talking about fishermen from China, Japan and Vietnam. Don't under estimate our ancestors, Bro!
So you're Phillipino ??

btw:China offices in Quing's dynasty said those islands belong to VN(that's why Quing's map didn't have those islands), Japan doesn't claim their sovereignty over those islands, so VN will be the only one have the sovereignty over those islands .

That's politic. The Korean, Japanese, Philippine and even Vietnam are guilty too, for that matter.

Guys, as the old saying go: There are three sides of a story, your side, mine side and the truth side. So which is which.

Back
Top Bottom