What's new

Vietnam-China: Better ties hold key to South China Sea disputes

Truong Sa

BANNED
Reaction score
By Cheng Guangjin (China Economic Net)
08:52, February 14, 2012
BEIJING - China is ready to explore solutions to South China Sea disputes under reasonable conditions, while stressing that the most important immediate task is to advance practical cooperation with Southeast Asian countries to create an atmosphere in which to solve these disputes, a Foreign Ministry spokesman said on Monday.

"On the South China Sea issue, China's stance is clear, which is known by the Vietnamese side," ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said at a regular news conference, when asked about Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh's ongoing visit to China.

Minh began a four-day visit to China on Sunday, his first since becoming the country's foreign minister in August.

The two countries are in a dispute over some islands in the South China Sea.

Liu said the two sides have agreed that, considering the overall nature of bilateral ties, the dispute should be resolved through friendly negotiations.

"China is ready to consider exploring solutions to the South China Sea disputes with all relevant parties under reasonable conditions," said Liu.

Of the 10 Association of Southeast Asian Nations members, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei have claims to territories in the South China Sea.

China and ASEAN adopted guidelines on the implementation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in July, which is a non-binding agreement.

Liu said China is open-minded and willing to actively promote the final conclusion of a "code of conduct of parties in the South China Sea" when the conditions are right.

"The pressing task for now is that all parties take opportunities to implement the DOC, and promote practical cooperation in the South China Sea to safeguard regional peace and stability," Liu said.

According to Reuters, Vietnam is opening up to Western defense firms amid tensions in the South China Sea.

Minh met with his Chinese counterpart Yang Jiechi on Sunday. Yang said China was ready to work with Vietnam to implement the consensus reached by the leaders of the two countries, and enhance political mutual trust, deepen cooperation and properly handle sensitive issues, in order to promote the sustained, sound and stable development of bilateral ties.

Minh said Vietnam cherishes its traditional friendship and cooperation with China.

Zhou Yongkang, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, also met with Minh on Monday.

Minh will also go to the southwest province of Yunnan on Tuesday, which borders Vietnam.

Xinhua contributed to this story.

Better ties hold key to South China Sea disputes - People's Daily Online

I hope they will realize that their claims are excessive, unreasonable and ridiculous. they will change it. War is not good for anyone.

The same for Vietnam. We have a good enough attitude, you look at the actions of other big countries, how they treat their small neighbors.

Both countries had huge losses in that war. It helps to both sides consider more than, before starting a war.
Although my country is small, but very difficult to swallow it...

I hope they will realize that their claims are excessive, unreasonable and ridiculous. they will change it. War is not good for anyone.

you must feel shame when saying that as if you are too innocent!

who is really the "unreasonable" and "ridiculous" fool when claiming itself the whole south China sea?

who signed the agreement with China on Spratly and Paracels islands and now deny it at any cost?

02-6.jpg

That must be your double-face greedy vietnamese! :hitwall:

Who robe from people and act self-pity here? ==> that must be your little dignity viets! :sniper::guns:

Return back all the lands you invaded from us Cambodian and shut your stinky mouth off criticize the Chinese!

Both countries had huge losses in that war. It helps to both sides consider more than, before starting a war.

In fact nobody give a damn care what your vietnamese though, you are in frustrated and desperate after being pushed hard to the narrow corner, now you voice down and have to sit back to talk with China is the obvious sigh of your loosing the game!

Also don't pretend yourself so powerful and keep blatant whine that gayish so called "hard to swallow", nobody has said a damn like that but YOU and YOURSLEF, the self-pity low life vietnamese thief!

Although my country is small, but very difficult to swallow it...

Your touch talk and self-claim powerful here just show how desperate and lame you are in reality! please stop that clownish chest thumping in public!

One look at a map shows that the Chinese claims are ridiculous.

you mean this map?

msycn5.jpg

vietnam's claim is the 2nd largest and overlaps every other country's claim in south china sea, just like china's. but you only have a problem with china's claim? i guess it's not really that claims that irks you, but simply the china factor. your indian propaganda has been very successful in brainwash your kind.

remember this article from the toilet? China-made string kills 15-yr-old birthday boy - Times Of India

a boy dies from getting entangled by a string, and your indian propaganda tries to put the blame on china because the string was made in china. so, even though the boy died due to his own recklessness, it is simply china's fault because there is a china factor involved.

indian minds are so simple and too easily manipulated.

While the leaders of the two countries are discussing toward a better relationship, we (me and you) should not set up a "battle of the keyboard" here.
Welcome "Determined Tiger" come back.

Vietnam took almost 90% of all the dispute water in the south China sea this time and trying to suck the resources as much as they could out there!

In the vietnamese eyes, they don't give a damn care what vietnam's neighbors though, all is vietnam interests only, if not then that must be against or invasion vietnam something! vietnam is neighbor view like a clown with its childish attitude ever meet!

If viets think that indians are so nice and kind then you must be move your country live next to your viva idol india for good! ....and don't ever spew out a foolish question such "why Pakistani so beware of indian?"

While the leaders of the two countries are discussing toward a better relationship, we (me and you) should not set up a "battle of the keyboard" here.
Welcome "Determined Tiger" come back.

I have my work and life to take care of not like your online warrior viets, who stationing here and remain that so called ""battle of the keyboard"....you just bite your tail a big bite! :guns:

Yes, our leaders and your leaders are working on the issues and our leaders had made your leaders to pissed the hell off to voice down such kind of loud speakers like you. your leaders who what is so called "vietnam power" or "hard to swallow" is much more than such kind of low education extremists vietnamese! you did a well said, and you have to memorize that in your stinky brain, don't just keep bark and yell on anything relate to China or the Chinese ! what a clownish troll trying to lecture me but never look back at itself!

Again, don't feel shame when saying that such thing? ask the members here? who are too famous with that so called "keyboard warfare"? ask your fellow Niceguy or Viva_Viet or even YOU for the answer!

humn, clownish viet trolls trying to lecture others how to behave good, humm what a shameless thick face!

you mean this map?

msycn5.jpg

vietnam's claim is the 2nd largest and overlaps every other country's claim in south china sea, just like china's. but you only have a problem with china's claim? i guess it's not really that claims that irks you, but simply the china factor. your indian propaganda has been very successful in brainwash your kind.

I said many time that we have a map from Nguyen dynasty in 1838 to prove that all of those islands belong to VN, and China Quing's dynasy also confirm it, so our claim is correct, another claims are unseasonable and ridiculous

Ban-do-11_w_450.jpg

Here is China map in Quing's dynasty , she claim No island in SCS(east sea).
daithanhtoando.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/u-s-defence/153462-united-states-china-south-china-sea.html

Back
Top Bottom