What's new

Victim’s father to CM: Fix a price for your life, I’ll pay

Scharfschütze

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chitragam (Shopian): Gulzar Ahmad Bhat is waiting for the day when compensation for those killed in the recent protests will be announced by the government. Not because he is eager to claim it for his 15-year-old son Asif Iqbal, killed by the police in Zainpora recently, but because he wants to make a counteroffer: whatever price Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti will set on her life, he will pay it to her.
“I earn my living through farming but let the CM set a price on her life and I will pay her,” Bhat said, furious with grief.

“Why did they kill my immature son so gruesomely? The police could have shot him in his leg to immobilise him, but they chose to kill him,” he lamented.
“I do not even have a picture to show you how young he was,” the bereaved father said.
Everything is lost for his family, Bhat said. He had even lost trail of the belongings of Asif that his neighbours hurriedly packed to create space for the mourners that poured in from all nearby villages.
Bhat said that blood money cannot bring back loved ones. The government must stop killing innocents, there was no greater relief it could offer to people.
Bhat, who has studied till Class 9, recounted the day when his son was killed as one of “youth galvanised by the wave of protests in the area.” On Sunday afternoon, July 10, the local youth walked a few kilometers to protest outside the Central Reserve Police Force camp at Zainpora. Bhat’s son was among them. He was shot dead from close range.
The body of Aqib was rushed to the Zainpora sub-district hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
A green flag is now placed at his grave. Locals say that they are privileged to have a martyr in their graveyard. They said that they are grateful to his father for acceding to their demand to let them bury Aqib in their graveyard.
Bhat said that the area has a separate graveyard for martyrs, but many locals and relatives pleaded that Aqib be buried at their family graveyard where no martyr had until then been buried.
The separate graveyard for martyrs did not have to wait long. On Friday, July 15, the body of 17-year-old Sayar Ahmad Kumar, a nearby villager, arrived. Sayar had fallen to bullets during protests at Yaripora in Kulgam.
Sayar was learning pottery, the family profession. His father leads the prayers at the local Jamia Masjid. He said that no politician or their local MLA cared to offer even a word of condolence to the victim families.
Sayar’s family members said that he had attended the funeral for Burhan on Saturday, along with many who went from Chitragam village to Tral.
“The day he was killed, he had gone to his maternal uncle. We later came to know that he was shot in the chest during a clash with government forces at Yaripora,” Sayar’s father said.
According to locals, Sayar was leading a protest towards the CRPF camp at Yaripora and received two bullets on his chest. Rushed to the nearby hospital, he was pronounced ‘brought dead’ by doctors there.
He now lies buried in the martyrs’ graveyard along with five other militants, one of whom was from Pakistan....

For all the sympathy i have for Kashmiris, I would rather exercise a strict control over my children when my place is under some sort of curfew. and when the curfew changes itself to a protest with 'marauding' security personnel, i ll lock them in their rooms, if necessary.
u play with fire, u burn. Period.

We are holding Kashmir, we don't have to say anything.
We freed some of and rest we will do it and Ghazwa-e-Hind we get us the whole of India back. We want peace in the region and we will take all necessary measures to achieve that.

"Locals say that they are privileged to have a martyr in their graveyard."

As long as Kashmiris keep on romanticizing the idea of "MARTYR" they will keep receiving dead bodies. Best thing to do is engage in "peaceful" dialogue/protests.

Best of luck sharing your bed with cockroaches, if you manage to survive off course.
I don't understand what you mean mate!!! But to achieve peace in the region and betterment of Indian people, that is necessary.

Unhuman .
Lock the Police up Damn B4stards

What caused the comprehension problem for you..the word rat or what?
my post and ur reply

My forefather Babur said it, then butchered you blackies. My forefather Taimur said it, then took delhi and burned 100.000 blackies. Don't worry, we'll have other Babur's and Taimur's.
so why are you crying when those same blackies have risen and having a merry time butchering the sons of Babur ?

Indians will have better life if they let Kashmiri people decide what they want.... but unfortunately the Hindu Mentality in Indin Army will never let this happen...

One small question, What was his son doing in the clash area in the first place??

Doesn't his son's should be at school??

His father needs to say the same thing to the person to took his child with him in the protest.

If anybody attacks a security personnel, he has full right to retaliate.
Excellent questions! This fellow Gulzar Ahmad Bhat must answer instead of making a fool of himself by asking silly questions to the CM. He is squarely to blame. I wonder how much he was paid by the Hurriyat to indulge in such activities?

The propagandists also flog the point regarding 'children' being injured during stone pelting. So the question needs to be asked from their parents: WTF were they doing pelting stones and threatening police with petrol bombs, and leading the mobs from the front instead of attending school? Scoring brownie points? They probably wanted to be branded as 'heroes' and 'martyrs' by their parents like Gulzar Ahmad Bhat.

They asked for it, they got it! And the shameless yahoos of the Hurriyat never had any compunctions in using kids for their own nefarious designs while they sit in the comfort of their homes watching them on TV.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom