What's new

vehicle prices .. simply unaffordable by middle class now ,,

Those who say that vehicles are luxury are either blind PTI supporters, expats or shameful upper class. Cars are a necessity in Pakistan where public transport conditions are horrible and too many bikes on the road. A bike can carry only 2 people generally whereas a car transports 5 people. Cars are a necessity.

Jahil admi pakistan ki population bi tou dekh, agar population kei hisab sei dekha jae tou cars are actually low in quantity.

Yep I doubt these lot have travelled on buses in the summer heat .... but the point is buying a car is a part of free will - it’s upto me if I want to buy a car, not the state....but the state is being dictatorial by imposing more steep taxes

but it has also risen to 0.9m, right?
You will be getting a wagon R equivalent at that price

Yep I doubt these lot have travelled on buses in the summer heat .... but the point is buying a car is a part of free will - it’s upto me if I want to buy a car, not the state....but the state is being dictatorial by imposing more steep taxes
Taxes on cars are a good thing increase taxes on cars above the 1000cc mark

You will be getting a wagon R equivalent at that price

Taxes on cars are a good thing increase taxes on cars above the 1000cc mark

I’l agree with you when the govt introduces bus lanes and cycle lanes in all major cities.

I’l agree with you when we have a local bus service (with AC) like the rest of the world.

I’l agree with you if the govt creates an effective regulatory watchdog to endure cars are of a good standard.... if the Chief executive of Toyota Indus motors gives a donation of rupees 100million to the dam fund it doesn’t mean that the govt should turn a blind eye.

Last edited:
i do not know the feature set of pakistani cars - the cheapest car in USA with taxes is $15,000 built in with low emission engine, AC, heater, modern audio system, anti-lock braking system, cruise control. That would work out to 2.4 million pakistani rupees
But the first car I bought was only $10,000 and funny enough, I sold it for $11000 after 6 months but I had to some hard work..to renovate it.

This can be offset to an extent by actually manufacturing vehicles domestically, i.e., local sourcing materials, some critical inputs, etc (not just assembling). If the main OEMs aren't willing to cater to that, then the Gov't of Pakistan should have an auto-manufacturing strategy in place to design, manufacture, and sell (and export) such vehicles.

But the first car I bought was only $10,000 and funny enough, I sold it for $11000 after 6 months but I had to some hard work..to renovate it.

how much you spend on the renovation ? In USA you lose $2000 the moment the $15,000 car leaves the dealer lot.

how much you spend on the renovation ? In USA you lose $2000 the moment the $15,000 car leaves the dealer lot.
I bought a 2006 Phaeton in 2012 for $10,000 but it needed some maintenance...I had a car mechanic friends so we both fixed it..replaced batteries, pumps, starter motor etc, So it became a great car.. It

I bought a 2006 Phaeton in 2012 for $10,000 but it needed some maintenance...I had a car mechanic friends so we both fixed it..replaced batteries, pumps, starter motor etc, So it became a great car.. It

that is not fair. fixing a car is expensive. you and your friend contribution is free labor
i have a friend who used to fix expensive cars for a living. he did not make much money and he sure enjoyed the job

Again I see Pakistanis whining instead of pushing for domestic production...

Even in African nations when they don't have something they innovate. ..in Pakistan they whine....
We innovated

iu

that is not fair. fixing a car is expensive. you and your friend contribution is free labor
i have a friend who used to fix expensive cars for a living. he did not make much money and he sure enjoyed the job
It was my first car which I purchased myself (not my first ever car...my first ever car was Fiat Pinto which my father gifted me). Phaeton was really popular car ..quite expensive when new but it stopped selling in 2006 in US so this was the latest model available when I bought... the body was in immaculate condition but internals needed some work. So I got it for $10k... but after six months, I wanted to buy a new car so sold it and got Audi Q5 2013.

Back
Top Bottom