What's new

vehicle prices .. simply unaffordable by middle class now ,,

You must also realize that opting for a smaller car, or even not at all, is part of the intended effect: to drive down overall consumption of imported inputs. True, that a side effect of this policy is that the nation as a whole becomes poorer with an overall lower standard of living, but what if that lower standard of living is all that the nation can afford given what it produces?

That is the real basic point here.

For the past few decades, the nation financed its living standards on borrowed money, and this cannot go on forever.

Very well put.

so what happened, really?

We all know what happened. Some of us were even brave enough to say it on PDF at that time. Now we have no option but to sit back and let things happen for the rest of this term.

We all know what happened. Some of us were even brave enough to say it on PDF at that time. Now we have no option but to sit back and let things happen for the rest of this term.

We can atleast vent some frustration, can't we?

WTF, I wanted to buy Altis 1.6 AT :undecided:. I guess now I'll have to look for a used vitz or Altis. I heard this government is considering imposing tax even on a single mobile phone any expat Pakistani brings in?:frown:

Ohh I didn't figure the exchange rate. Makes more sense. Even though you are correct.
Fortuner is still a piece of junk compared to this list in the price range. Pakistani carmakers are monoplized scammers.

Check out this list for perspective
https://www.motortrend.com/price/40-50k/
Yes people driving less car means less economic activity. Now go and worry about your bharat and provide them all subsidies.

It is approx 48k $ when converted to USD. How did you ended up with 86k $?.

https://www.pakwheels.com/new-cars/toyota/fortuner/

We can atleast vent some frustration, can't we?

Of course you can, but only in the prescribed manner, and only up to the permissible limit, and only within the time periods allowed. :D

I mean it is funny people here are trying to make private "cars" ownership as if it is the problem of majority of pakistanis. When in reality in 90% of Pakistanis areas, hardly 2 or 3% people own cars in those areas. And those who even own them use it often to rent them out. For example in my ancestral village, there are people who have cars, pick ups, vans but they provide the renting services to the rest of the village. Lets say someone in my family has died in Gujranwala city, so our relatives in our ancestral village of Gujranwala will "hire" the local van from the village guy who owns it to transport them to Gujranwala city to our home.

Even in my case, when I go back to Pakistan, my brother hires a "car" from a guy in our neighboring street, that guy owns and himself is the driver of the car. They come to Lahore airport to receive me, we just pay him few thousand rupees for his services. Actually this is the primary reason why that guy has a car, he just uses it for emergency renting purposes to earn his livelihood.

In a third world poor country like Pakistan with GDP per capita of 1500 $, having a private car for personal use is absolutely a luxury by any standard in the world.

I see same great depression as in USA happened in 30's. To me car is necessity, buying a mehran or 1 million car now is not luxury it is only luxury when u have good public transport system which we dont have. Luxury always means extra comfort hell we dont even have comfort you are talking about luxury. You talk about GDP huh ? let me tell you people save money to buy a car so that they dont have to go through private transport which is hell expensive. Majority people own the car to satisfy that. Owning a sedan like xli gli is a necessity when you have a family with wife and kids you do need a sedan. Cultus wont cut the shit with luggage that is more than that of Cultus could accommodate. You miss the point here we dont have public transport if I get good public transport I will never have a car greater than cultus for city. For long travelling I would use that public transport since we lack we cry about the hike in car prices. Now we neither have necessity nor luxury.

How true is this

In India it's only for high class..
Not many Corollas on road
It is not a popular car in many places. It is dated and boring. I see many more BMWs and Audis than corollas. SUVs are big in most places now.

Note - corolla is strictly a middle class car, just like Honda City. Lower middle class largely sticks to cars like Suzuki swift, hyundai i10, and other hatchbacks.

I mean it is funny people here are trying to make private "cars" ownership as if it is the problem of majority of pakistanis. When in reality in 90% of Pakistanis areas, hardly 2 or 3% people own cars in those areas. And those who even own them use it often to rent them out. For example in my ancestral village, there are people who have cars, pick ups, vans but they provide the renting services to the rest of the village. Lets say someone in my family has died in Gujranwala city, so our relatives in our ancestral village of Gujranwala will "hire" the local van from the village guy who owns it to transport them to Gujranwala city to our home.

the 2-3% who owns cars may be the drivers of the economy

I firmly believe that its better to have Indian bikes at a much cheaper rate than the Chinese ones that neither perform that well nor are as efficient.

You are absolutely clueless on Chinese motorcycle industry then!

Manufacturing of many Piaggio, Aprilia, Honda and BMW engines is in China. Majority of the brand name bikes assembled in India have engines manufactured in China.

Chinese bikes are good sellers in UK, especially for the L plate 125cc range. Majority are Euro 4 spec now too. Honda and Suzuki 125cc are £4k+, whereas Chinese 125cc are £2k-£3k and these bikes are getting better year on year. Their 125cc cruisers are big sellers in UK and these bikes are reliable as well.

Soon it will be become worthwhile to send cars from uk to Pakistan because of the way things are going

Back
Top Bottom