What's new

vehicle prices .. simply unaffordable by middle class now ,,

I mean it is funny people here are trying to make private "cars" ownership the problem of majority of pakistanis.

And these same people say most of Pakistanis can not afford food etc
what is luxury for someone for someone else it would be neccassity or he would consider it necessity like someone who owns a Suzuki mehran for him Vigo dalla would we luxury and owner of Vigo would consider land cruiser luxury it all depends on someone's social status income
and those who can't afford any car or don't have would consider a suzuki mehran a luxury

and those who can't afford any car or don't have would consider a suzuki mehran a luxury

Imagine, for 95% of people their first "dream car" would be Suzuki Mehran, because having any kind of car is a luxury and status symbol than not having a car at all :lol:.

their auto industry is decades ahead of us, lets not make fun of them when we belong to a country that's yet to make a 100 percent local engine of its own, let alone a vehicle.
we are the 6th largest population of the world yet we don't have a single vehicle brand of our own that can compete with any local assembler that rip us off yet we have no other choice.

if anything, we really should learn from Indian Auto industry, they really improved after 2000, there are lessons to learn here.
we are in no position of make fun of them or their vehicles.

Indeed and I apologize for any trolling attempt of my country fellows.

you guys indeed produce some very good vehicles as well as even better bikes, as a matter of fact I today witnessed a Suzuki Gsxr 150 at a Suzuki showroom that costed almost 5.5 lacs PKR. and i came to know that It was designed in India and most of the R&D done on it was indeed from India. that is quite impressive.
I firmly believe that its better to have Indian bikes at a much cheaper rate than the Chinese ones that neither perform that well nor are as efficient.

i just happen to pass by Suzuki center today and I literally got shocked to see the prices. look at the price of cultus, can you imagine spending almost 20 lacs on 1000cc car? that really is becoming a reality now.

View attachment 567989
No problem, it's all good. I don't know about the cultus. But the Wagon R is an extremely cheap car here - about 4.5 Lacs INR. And emission norms are Euro Stage 4. By 2020 only Euro stage 6 will be allowed to be sold. So am a bit shocked to see Pak selling car engines meeting only Stage 2. They are basically selling you older technology at higher prices. In india, the push is now for EVs.
The idea is that in 15 years or so only EVs will be sold which will drastically reduce our oil import bills.

No problem, it's all good. I don't know about the cultus. But the Wagon R is an extremely cheap car here - about 4.5 Lacs INR. And emission norms are Euro Stage 4. By 2020 only Euro stage 6 will be allowed to be sold. So am a bit shocked to see Pak selling car engines meeting only Stage 2. They are basically selling you older technology at higher prices. In india, the push is now for EVs.
The idea is that in 15 years or so only EVs will be sold which will drastically reduce our oil import bills.

How much you monthly pay for marketing of tata? which clearly is not the subject matter! @Retired Troll

Its crazy!! WagonR is Rs 1.6 million!!

The car assemblers raised prices at dollar depreciation. But now dollar is going down and will go down further. So my question is when the dollar goes down, the prices are never decreased. But as soon as dollar goes up, car prices are increased?? This is car assembler industry is a mafia as is everything is in Pakistan.

There is simply no transport system in Karachi. In Lahore at least they have metro.

Here in Karachi there is nothing. It simply doesn't exist

And now if people are using their own cars then even that has gone too expensive

And if people use Careem or Uber as alternative then these b@stards from Pee Pee Pee are putting taxes on that as well

In other words Karachiites have only Sohrab cycles left for their means of transportation

Actually my family has moved from Karachi to Lahore last year. Karachi has transport which many strata of poor to middle class can afford. Lahore has no concept of public transport that links different parts of city.

Need Pak government to promote local companies to take up auto manufacturing.... its not rocket science. Give them tax incentives and rebates. No country has ever progressed that didn't have their own large organizations providing everything from tiny needles to cars etc

We have had such good engineers in our country. Due to lack of jobs and good pay all have immigrated to other countries. Otherwise why we couldn’t come up with our own automative manufacture. India has TATA.China as FAW. Even Russians got their own cars.But then none our big businesses thought of entering the market.

A lot of forum members missed the entire point of the thread, there was a time when people could afford to buy cars but the massive devaluation, and other factors, have hiked the prices of cars to a stage where someone who could potentially have been able to afford an Altis would have to settle for Gli rather than something better, similarly someone who could afford to buy a Gli last year can only afford to buy an Xli and someone who could afford an Xli last year can only buy a Cultus.

Point being, Naya Pakistan is very very expensive and it has taken away dreams of the common man, from their dream car to their dream bike and so on and so forth. The devaluation alone is criminal, but killing commerce and trade is just treason. People who voted for PTI were expecting PTI to give them a better life and rightly so since we have been told that over USSD 10 Billion goes into corruption each year so potentially PTI was saving over USD 10 Billion. Furthermore, by better managing the economy they promised to not make life harder by not raising the cost of petrol, electricity, gas and committed to not go to IMF or devalue the currency. They not only broke all the commitments, they further made a mess of things which will take many many years to fix.

And all those who are living in Pakistan are suffering the negative consequences of voting PTI into power, those who are outside of Pakistan are impervious to the effects, impervious to the lies and so are cheering loudly and boldly that Pakistan is getting better; it is because they are out of the country and are not witness to the absolute massacre that PTI has done of the economy and commerce, these people still believe the lies of the biggest liar I have ever come across in my life, Imran Khan..............and yes, all those U-Turns are actually lies!

A lot of forum members missed the entire point of the thread,

Government has taxed cars to discourage car sales and it's best step taken by present government Pakistan can't afford such luxuries

Something which is very hard for our country folks to understand.

Sohrab Zindaabad, Pakistan's local brand :tup: and our favorite from 80s and 90s.

Or use this vehicle
575723_465067483608388_1068580758_n.jpg

And there is also a cheaper substitute of it
images.jpeg

A lot of forum members missed the entire point of the thread, there was a time when people could afford to buy cars but the massive devaluation, and other factors, have hiked the prices of cars to a stage where someone who could potentially have been able to afford an Altis would have to settle for Gli rather than something better, similarly someone who could afford to buy a Gli last year can only afford to buy an Xli and someone who could afford an Xli last year can only buy a Cultus.

Point being, Naya Pakistan is very very expensive and it has taken away dreams of the common man, from their dream car to their dream bike and so on and so forth. The devaluation alone is criminal, but killing commerce and trade is just treason. People who voted for PTI were expecting PTI to give them a better life and rightly so since we have been told that over USSD 10 Billion goes into corruption each year so potentially PTI was saving over USD 10 Billion. Furthermore, by better managing the economy they promised to not make life harder by not raising the cost of petrol, electricity, gas and committed to not go to IMF or devalue the currency. They not only broke all the commitments, they further made a mess of things which will take many many years to fix.

And all those who are living in Pakistan are suffering the negative consequences of voting PTI into power, those who are outside of Pakistan are impervious to the effects, impervious to the lies and so are cheering loudly and boldly that Pakistan is getting better; it is because they are out of the country and are not witness to the absolute massacre that PTI has done of the economy and commerce, these people still believe the lies of the biggest liar I have ever come across in my life, Imran Khan..............and yes, all those U-Turns are actually lies!

You look at it this way, I look at it the other way. My way of looking at it is that car purchase should be dropped even further because it is draining our import bill in form of oil imports. Plus oil prices in Pakistan are very cheap and the state has to compensate for the difference by filling the shortfall by borrowing loans. If Pakistan was importing less, we won't be needing loans or spending tons to import and instead the money would be utilized else where.

Either increase the exports and bring it above the imports or reduce the imports and bring it to the level of exports. Why is it too hard for Pakistanis to understand this? The country of Bangladesh which we called bhuka nanga has more exports and less imports, despite them being a tiny land and less population. Our population is 220million, what are all these people doing? Just importing borrowing begging. Is that going to stay forever or will it change?

Your right there are different perspectives. Ultimately in 4 years time you'll likely to be able to choose between Bilawal, Maryam and Imran.

I have been planning to buy one for myself since a while but seeing all this, makes me think that it needs more time and I have to wait further. :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom