What's new

vehicle prices .. simply unaffordable by middle class now ,,

If someone can't afford something then just don't buy it millions of Pakistanis are traveling without cars if they can survive without cars then why can't others

concept of public transport is to provide an efficient and economic alternate to having individual mobility.
If govt. succeeds in doing so, than people who own cars would sell them automatically.

BTW, do you see a condition of Pakistan's public transport, where women can travel with respect and comfort?

It's also a shame that Imran Khan, consider Mehran and Suzuki alto type cars as luxury! This guy seriously need mental checkup.

generally , the upper middle class voted for PTI . i had thought this class to be educated (ofc) , pragmatic and mature.

reading this thread, not so sure,

the level of ignorance, disdain, intellectual destitution and the slim grasp of basic economics is all too evident reading the gutter comments above

for eg,

1. vehicle is a luxury . cant afford it, go s**** yourself

2. if some one can afford 23 lacs, he can afford 28 lacs

3.so what, we were screwed for 35 years, inflation not our fault

4. people are being laid off from work, they should learn to code

5. too much cars on the road .good for space . bicycles are better

--------
These people are mostly expats or PTI patwaris who say this gutter stuff

More than metro a simple bus system wouldve been enough
Right now metro still serves only a small portion of Islamabad
You cant go from say i-10 to barakahu or from Tarnol to f-10

What I was trying to say is that varan could have used the profits from the bus network to invest in Metro. Varan had a network till taxila and could have also leveraged upon its bus network to use it as feeder buses for metro resulting in vertical integration of transport network.

However, powers that be wanted us to be stuck with those old vans.

I am just hoping that the airport to isb metro line gets operational at earliest so that I can park my car and use that. Bohut kharcha ho raha hai fuel or maintenance ka.

Never heard

Savour is chicken pulao that is loved by those working in pindi/isb. They also expanded to lahore IIRC.

No mention of those that raped this nation since its inception. The cancer has to be cut and a price has to be paid. You want Pakistan to be fixed but you dont want the medicine. Fact is all politicians are liars and all should be checked as should senior military officers
Good....now the orruption rate will be doubled... i just love it

Good....now the orruption rate will be doubled... i just love it
Well when lies is the religion, haram the norm. Corruption will flourish. We can only be responsible for our own actions. Government is trying

It's also a shame that Imran Khan, consider Mehran and Suzuki alto type cars as luxury! This guy seriously need mental checkup.

Imran Khan is absolutely right, someone who can afford "any kind" of car is living a luxury life in Pakistan. In my Mohalla in Gujranwala, 98% people are WITHOUT car, that is what you call normal living. Car is not a necessity, it is absolutely a luxury for a third world poor country life Pakistan.

BTW, do you see a condition of Pakistan's public transport, where women can travel with respect and comfort?

Women in my area travel on local transport every day, if they can do so then what is special about the women of DHA or Bahria towns or other posh areas to travel in public transport.

Imran Khan is absolutely right, someone who can afford "any kind" of car is living a luxury life in Pakistan. In my Mohalla in Gujranwala, 95% people are WITHOUT car, that is what you call normal living. Car is not a necessity, it is absolutely a luxury for a third world poor country life Pakistan.

As if these people don't know all this most of them are saying this in bughz Imran
This member batman always critisizes Imran Khan can't guess what he really is he supports musharaf is sectarian

Imran Khan is absolutely right, someone who can afford "any kind" of car is living a luxury life in Pakistan. In my Mohalla in Gujranwala, 98% people are WITHOUT car, that is what you call normal living. Car is not a necessity, it is absolutely a luxury for a third world poor country life Pakistan.

Women in my area travel on local transport every day, if they can do so then what is special about the women of DHA or Bahria towns or other posh areas to travel in public transport.
They are not luxury. First provide proper public transport then talk about people without cars ! Since when is car a luxury ? its a necessity their is no public transport and 1 million rupees car also luxury ?

As if these people don't know all this most of them are saying this in bughz Imran
This member batman always critisizes Imran Khan can't guess what he really is he supports musharaf is sectarian

I mean it is funny people here are trying to make private "cars" ownership as if it is the problem of majority of pakistanis. When in reality in 90% of Pakistanis areas, hardly 2 or 3% people own cars in those areas. And those who even own them use it often to rent them out. For example in my ancestral village, there are people who have cars, pick ups, vans but they provide the renting services to the rest of the village. Lets say someone in my family has died in Gujranwala city, so our relatives in our ancestral village of Gujranwala will "hire" the local van from the village guy who owns it to transport them to Gujranwala city to our home.

Even in my case, when I go back to Pakistan, my brother hires a "car" from a guy in our neighboring street, that guy owns and himself is the driver of the car. They come to Lahore airport to receive me, we just pay him few thousand rupees for his services. Actually this is the primary reason why that guy has a car, he just uses it for emergency renting purposes to earn his livelihood.

They are not luxury. First provide proper public transport then talk about people without cars ! Since when is car a luxury ? its a necessity their is no public transport and 1 million rupees car also luxury ?

In a third world poor country like Pakistan with GDP per capita of 1500 $, having a private car for personal use is absolutely a luxury by any standard in the world.

nanofirestory.jpg

We don't want that...

Further if you convert currency difference then Indian imported cars also very high price.

No need you keep your junk with you.

their auto industry is decades ahead of us, lets not make fun of them when we belong to a country that's yet to make a 100 percent local engine of its own, let alone a vehicle.
we are the 6th largest population of the world yet we don't have a single vehicle brand of our own that can compete with any local assembler that rip us off yet we have no other choice.

if anything, we really should learn from Indian Auto industry, they really improved after 2000, there are lessons to learn here.
we are in no position of make fun of them or their vehicles.

Your choice. India makes some of the best cars in the world at a very competitive price.

Cars catching fire is a regular occurrence

https://www.businessinsider.in/One-...e-Recent-Tesla-Fires/articleshow/25600181.cms

Maybe if you had enough cars on your roads, you would know that.

Indeed and I apologize for any trolling attempt of my country fellows.

you guys indeed produce some very good vehicles as well as even better bikes, as a matter of fact I today witnessed a Suzuki Gsxr 150 at a Suzuki showroom that costed almost 5.5 lacs PKR. and i came to know that It was designed in India and most of the R&D done on it was indeed from India. that is quite impressive.
I firmly believe that its better to have Indian bikes at a much cheaper rate than the Chinese ones that neither perform that well nor are as efficient.

i just happen to pass by Suzuki center today and I literally got shocked to see the prices. look at the price of cultus, can you imagine spending almost 20 lacs on 1000cc car? that really is becoming a reality now.

IMG_20190704_094845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom