What's new

Valentine's Day vs Haya Day: Liberal, conservative students clash over Valentine’s Day in Peshawar

Dont celebrate pagan-infested customs, practices and traditions.

if it was up to pakistani to decide what they want then the 95 percent of pakistanis would kick the likes of you out of the country you know that right lol?
if you want to be secular then move to india. pakistan is a conservative country.

I'm not stopping nobody but I'm still going to oppose the idea of it being integrated into pakistani culture. in the end pakistanis will choose conservatism and desi culture. we all know that so I'm done arguing with you on that

If you want to be conservative then move to Pakistan. America is a secular country. See what I did thaar.

Its a Faking News article ie Unreal.

As a future reference @surya kiran , avoid posting faking news articles. Pakistani's on an average will never grasp that it is sarcasm.

Thank god for above averages blessing us poor pakistanis on whats real and fake.

I am glad that the days of protest against valentines in India are over. Now it is acceptable and every one celebrates the day.

The situation, we as a nation are in, perhaps calls for a better use of time than celebrating VD. This is my opinion as a Pakistani, and as a University Professor. That being said, people are free to make their choices and nobody has right to impose their interpretation on others. Live and let others live, IJT needs to learn this. However, given their history, and intolerance towards others, there are slim to no chances that they will ever learn.
The best post on this thread!! :tup:

You may not know it but for the extremist and religiously seduced crowd out there , all things/practices/events Western MUST be negative , evil and need to be stopped by force . Ironic is the fact that almost all of the things they use in their day to day life are indeed from the same infidel West .

Barring the clergies and so called religious leaders, I don't think the majority of Pakistanis are up against everything that the West represents. You won't find them slinging mud at the West and its institutions as long as they don't find a clear clash of civilisations. So in my opinion, its highly unfair to paint all Pakistanis with the same brush.

On topic, Let them celebrate Valentine's day. "Haya" is and shouldn't be curtailed to a single day.

Last edited:
im not a blind supporter bro.
i just want best for my country weather its from mom ppp or pti or pml n.
to me advancement of pakistan is always first before anything.

personally i have no problems with valentines but i think its western culture not ours.
we have great cultures already in pakistan we should stick to them. why be like everybody else? we should stay unique.
obviously what jamet e islami is doing is wrong, i hate those guys.

This I can agree with....

We were given a brief lecture on tourism...and in that we were thought tourists dont visit your country to see and buy things which they can back in theirs...That is what makes countries unique....

Why exhibit our own culture for tourists only what about our own people? Do we not like our own culture? I do agree extremism should stop people who stuff their opinion down other's throat but....

Sadly the East is trying a little too hard to be the West and most of the "lovely" cultures of our own have been forgotten ....Do we have nothing of our own that we need to adopt/ borrow from the West?

@Secur These are questions I find when I see such posts!

I have been to a number of places here in Europe and no doubt they do enjoy our cultures....But they dont die hard and make it part of their life...But why are we trying to do that for theirs? Are we ashamed of our own cultures? I admit we may have a little rubbish in our culture but there is bad everywhere...take the good and promote that of course not like Zaradari's son who tried to destroy the history in fav of some culture....no idea what gave him that hideous idea!

I wen to some smaller towns and more remote places in Europe and mind you they preserved their cultures, there were glass blowers, iron smith, calligrapher, archer and so on......nope I did not go to a tourist city though all this tradition was made use of as a touristic village....but that is how West preserves their cultures/ tradition ...I would love to see Pakistan do the same!

Last edited:
Another set of questions:

By celebrating V day doesnt make you any more West then by living in the West all your life does...Nor does it make you a liberal...confused maybe...so I was a little surprised how people were showing their hatred for that political party....Hatred over the net is not helpful, what will be helpful is if you educate yourself and challenge them to provide proof of what they preach!

By not celebrating doesnt make you a backward, blind follower it makes you one of 2 things

a) You are some extremist who will support what the party is doing no matter what without cause....

OR

b) You can think and ask what the heck is V day? You keep 1 day for someone you so called love...1 day out of 365 days in 1 yr? Sad innit?

I would ask people to consider part (b) before hurling hate remarks at other posters!

Thank you!!

1 other point that hit me while reading the comments....

If the West can keep 1 day to express love for their ones...Why the heck do we need only 1 day in 1 year to have haya? :unsure: Cant we have "haya" for all 365 days in 1 yr?

And how the heck is this Haya?

201421415843_samaa_tv.jpg

671721-Image_CH-1392371506-236-640x480.jpg

PESHAWAR: Rival students groups clashed in Peshawar university over Valentine Day celebrations in the campus, SAMAA reported.

Some Pakistanis celebrated Valentine's Day with balloons and flowers, but others denounce it as an anti-Islam tradition.

According to SAMAA correspondent, dozens of students associated with religious student party, Islami Jamiat-e-Talaba (IJT), and nationalist student group, Pakhtoon Student Federation (PSF), clashed using sticks and stones.

Reports said the clash erupted when PSF, a student wing of the Awami National Party (ANP), attempted to organized an event in connection with Valentine Day which is being observed today. The holding of such an event infuriated supporters of IJI, a student wing of politico-religious Jamaat-e-Islami.

The free use of iron and wooden sticks and stone-pelting turned the campus into a battle field and a student injured.

The clash prompted police to intervene. Heavy contingents of the law-enforcers entered the university premises and fired shot in the air to disperse the angry students. However, the angry mob also clashed with police.

Minutes later, reports said, some IJT workers entered university’s New Hostel and ransacked rooms occupied by the rival group. Books and furniture were also set on fire outside the hostel rooms.

Police, who tried unsuccessfully to control the situation, could not arrest any of the student activists.

Peshawar: Liberal, conservative students clash over Valentine’s Day fete | SAMAA TV

Their actions was more like Jahil day to me!!!

No one needs to push force to pass their point...If they cant do it peacefully they shouldnt bother trying...

Last edited:
These retards IJT pulled a gun? When will they learn that spreading Islam through force is the anti thesis of our religion. So what people celebrate V day? Their choices, they are answerable for their actions/intentions. Awein being phannay khan. I smacked a few of these retards around a year ago. I may not agree with V day, but i sure as shit am not gonna go out of my way to stop people celebrating such a day.

Now this qamar retard enjoys the privileges of US secular nation but dreams of delusional conservative nonsense. Seen plenty his types.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom