What's new

Used F16's - EDA 50 ~ 100 Available

Rafale or not but Dassault Aviation 2nd or 3rd major guy was part of the delegation along with other defence guys I think one was also from that company which designed FREMM Class Frigates and one other rest were economy guys
As i was saying:
And it will be at least somewhat helpful if when you are making those claims and mentioning things and wishes as certainties and talking about some "sources" you can clearly mention that by these sources you mean to say "you friends on facebook" or "a journalist friend" so people can then decide for themselves. Why afraid of mentioning this much? I mean, you do not want to misguide people deliberately right? or do you? so if not, do mentioned that what you "know for certain" you came to know about it on Facebook and then let the people make up there own mind. Fair enough??? They have a right to decide for themselves right? so just mention that FB connection in all those "100% authentic claims"

As i was saying:
Go ahead find it yourself if don't want to believe I give a dam I know I had no idea French delegation was coming in first place yet alone defence guys being part of it I got a message from a senior guy and than others confirmed it. So feel free to not to trust me and go ahead and find it for yourself.

Go ahead find it yourself if don't want to believe I give a dam I know I had no idea French delegation was coming in first place yet alone defence guys being part of it I got a message from a senior guy and than others confirmed it. So feel free to not to trust me and go ahead and find it for yourself.
lo,,
Where have i said that i am not trusting you on this.

I am just saying that is it too hard or bad if you, when mentioning a certain thing or claim as SURE and CRTANITY mention that you have been told about this by a Facebook friend. What is wrong in this? This will help other people understand the situation better wont it?

See, in this post too you mention you were told about this by a senior member, kisi na kya sir phar lea tumhara??? so why not just mention it with all other claims too.

A simple straightforward request. Don't know why you are getting angry with words like "i dont give a damn" and all!!

Members! Kindly keep it low and within the norms of debate and no need to get hyper.

@Zarvan let me be very clear with you that if you have your contacts, those are not reliable here nor credible as being unknown, it is not necessary that everyone else will agree to the same as such. Also, as you posted your quote once on a matter based upon those unknown etc sources, then there is no need to repeat the same again & again before everybody that actually proves to be less impacted in the end due to the repetition.

However, no one is barred from expressing own opinion, observations or findings but on the same time, when as such cannot be backed with sources being personal, the counter arguments to be treated as matter of debate and we can ignore the same and move-on by agreeing to disagree with respect.

Also, I am not challenging your sources that I am unaware with authenticity of the same but when the matter is not being told publicly nor any official hint is given, such personal sources are nothing but waste of time though on the contrary, you know how such leaks can affect confidentiality and would be dealt in light of breach of security. Just look at the same way from another point of view that many professional on-board are quiet on certain manners even having first hand information because of sensitivity of the matter as well as breach of trust too. I told you before and am advising again that in real world, such contacts and information have no value when it comes to the matter of National Interest and mentioned without credible source/official statement.

Regards,

Members! Kindly keep it low and within the norms of debate and no need to get hyper.

@Zarvan let me be very clear with you that if you have your contacts, those are not reliable here nor credible as being unknown, it is not necessary that everyone else will agree to the same as such. Also, as you posted your quote once on a matter based upon those unknown etc sources, then there is no need to repeat the same again & again before everybody that actually proves to be less impacted in the end due to the repetition.

However, no one is barred from expressing own opinion, observations or findings but on the same time, when as such cannot be backed with sources being personal, the counter arguments to be treated as matter of debate and we can ignore the same and move-on by agreeing to disagree with respect.

Also, I am not challenging your sources that I am unaware with authenticity of the same but when the matter is not being told publicly nor any official hint is given, such personal sources are nothing but waste of time though on the contrary, you know how such leaks can affect confidentiality and would be dealt in light of breach of security. Just look at the same way from another point of view that many professional on-board are quiet on certain manners even having first hand information because of sensitivity of the matter as well as breach of trust too. I told you before and am advising again that in real world, such contacts and information have no value when it comes to the matter of National Interest and mentioned without credible source/official statement.

Regards,
let's hope it sinks in

lets stick to the topic
EDA f-16s/second hand f-16s have been available for years now but we were not able to get them why?
is it a money issue, or Political hindrance/clearance?

I think its more a money issue

lets stick to the topic
EDA f-16s/second hand f-16s have been available for years now but we were not able to get them why?
is it a money issue, or Political hindrance/clearance?

I think its more a money issue

Zia

Its a good question the answer is yes to both

Yes the block 52 NEW F16 are financially out of reach UNLESS USA gives part funding via grant aid.

The Used Falcons are on going but the hurdles and cost of MLU and the time it will take to get them done is years.

PAF would ideally prefer a fleet of 150 new F16/52 type fighters today ........ It has mere 18

The financial issue is nothing new this has been going on for decades.

PAF will never be able to pull off a su35 or Typhoon/Rafale purchase it would simply eat up the nations entire finances.

Out of the box solutions
Stop Gap measures
TNW

is the only option

Yes the block 52 NEW F16 are financially out of reach UNLESS USA gives part funding via grant aid.
Hi I cant say that this is out of reach but its not worth it paying 700 mil $ for 8 planes whereas original deal was PAF to pay 250 Mil $ . Why its not worth it as PAF knows the F16 capabilities are slowly deteriorating to 5th Gen planes
The Used Falcons are ongoing but the hurdles and cost of MLU and the time it will take to get them done is years.
Or may be the MLU available doesnt interest PAF if SABR upgrades are available then we can comment on this part as well .
PAF would ideally prefer a fleet of 150 new F16/52 type fighters today ........ It has mere 18
Please go thru the links and discussion all PAF F16 other than F16 (EX JORDANIANS) ones are equivalent to block 50 other than exception of CFT`s pretty much all fleet is in similar level to F16 Blk 52 / Also Jordanina F16`s can fire AMRAAM`s (Please correct me if im wrong)
PAF will never be able to pull off a su35 or Typhoon/Rafale purchase it would simply eat up the nations entire finances.
Typhon/Rafale In my view are not needed since IAF will acquire Rafales and it doesn't make sense to match 1 VS 1 ,SU35 is another ball game lets see but finances are not issue in case of new procurement ,PAF has given 2.1 Bil from its allocated funds to Earth quake funds so Govt will make provisions

"volatile, post: 9375745, member: 37795"

]Typhoon/Rafale In my view are not needed since IAF will acquire Rafales and it doesn't make sense to match 1 VS 1 ,SU35 is another ball game lets see but finances are not issue in case of new procurement ,PAF has given 2.1 Bil from its allocated funds to Earth quake funds so Govt will make provisions

So in your world ALL IS WELL nothing to worry about
Typhoon Rafale not needed
money is available GOVT WILL MAKE provisions
F16/52 not worth paying the full price because 5th generation fighters are here and the technology is dated

GREAT WONDER WHY THERES 100 pdf members moaning about PAF procurement[/QUOTE]

"volatile, post: 9375745, member: 37795"

]Typhoon/Rafale In my view are not needed since IAF will acquire Rafales and it doesn't make sense to match 1 VS 1 ,SU35 is another ball game lets see but finances are not issue in case of new procurement ,PAF has given 2.1 Bil from its allocated funds to Earth quake funds so Govt will make provisions

So in your world ALL IS WELL nothing to worry about
Typhoon Rafale not needed
money is available GOVT WILL MAKE provisions
F16/52 not worth paying the full price because 5th generation fighters are here and the technology is dated

GREAT WONDER WHY THERES 100 pdf members moaning about PAF procurement
[/QUOTE]
Hi if you have checked my recent post Im also one of those 100 PDF members moaning about PAF procurement ,also things i have written all will agree with me on these as well . Coming to the point i stick to my gun F16 Blk 52 + at this price plus sanctions fear is not worth it ,However EDA F16`s with MLU kits are more suitable options

Coming to the point i stick to my gun F16 Blk 52 + at this price plus sanctions fear is not worth it ,However EDA F16`s with MLU kits are more suitable options[/QUOTE]

The eda will be prone to same sanctions threat as the block 52 .

One other thing your forgetting simply adding a superior cockpit and ability to use new weapons does not mask the issue the engines and airframes are over 25 years old and through two thirds of their useful life.

Thus means they are more suspect to engine maintenance issues
More stress and fatigue issues on the airframe
Able to take less punishment in a hostile war scenario.

CUTTING corners will take only so far

Ultimately you get what you spend in life

One other thing your forgetting simply adding a superior cockpit and ability to use new weapons does not mask the issue the engines and airframes are over 25 years old and through two thirds of their useful life.

Thus means they are more suspect to engine maintenance issues
More stress and fatigue issues on the airframe
Able to take less punishment in a hostile war scenario.

CUTTING corners will take only so far

Ultimately you get what you spend in life
http://www.janes.com/article/69515/usaf-approves-f-16-airframe-life-extension
Hi if you are smart you can get 12000 hr life from F16

This initiative to extend the lives of small number of USA F16 is a USA Programme

This has no impact on PAF plans to carry out modest minimum upgrades to old block 15/20 planes which you buy dirt cheap and then spend fairly modest sums on the upgrade.

Volatile no matter how you spin this you need. To spend serious money i.e.

MLU Programmes vary from modest cockpit improvements to radar and some new weapons and avionics to thorough upgrade of engine and airframe upgrades.

E.g. India spent over 40million per unit upgrading the mirage2000/5 but that was very extensive

Which route Pakistan takes will depend once again how much they are prepared to spend

I.e. 20 million mlu or 40million upgrade per plane

Back
Top Bottom