What's new

Used F16's - EDA 50 ~ 100 Available

i believe PAF should focus on thunders to upto 250 with making block 3 as capable as possible with atleast IRST and good EW suit
up its game to get additional MLU/second hand fighters
if cannot get addtioanl fighters than we should look at the time frame of j-
Coming to the point i stick to my gun F16 Blk 52 + at this price plus sanctions fear is not worth it ,However EDA F16`s with MLU kits are more suitable options

The eda will be prone to same sanctions threat as the block 52 .

One other thing your forgetting simply adding a superior cockpit and ability to use new weapons does not mask the issue the engines and airframes are over 25 years old and through two thirds of their useful life.

Thus means they are more suspect to engine maintenance issues
More stress and fatigue issues on the airframe
Able to take less punishment in a hostile war scenario.

CUTTING corners will take only so far

Ultimately you get what you spend in life[/QUOTE]
wrong MLU update is the most comprehensive updates that even involved an option of engine upgrades,
F-16 engines was top of line in 80s and even now is top of the line it didnt needed additional updates

f-35 is here in 2012 but 20 years later it still will be top notch, the same is true for f-16
the only difference is that french milked and birbed india alot thats why it was expensive

They were offered a few months ago _so went the rumours_ but no news about the outcome, everyone is still waiting..

fund issues
they are upgraded MLU frames with 2000 hours left (atleast 10-15 years or 1/3 of new fighter), so cost will be atleast 15-20 million dollars or more( from recent romania deals)/frame=200-300+million dollars. PAF doesnt have that amount of money.

Funds are no problem PAF is willing to buy them ASAP but the new dhobi in White House is an unpredictable one, our diplomacy is on test. They haven't put up the case yet as first 100 days of trump admin weren't allowing it to do. Now it's up to our diplomats to put up the case

This is from May 2016.

Tusas Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) is negotiating with Pakistan to upgrade 74 Pakistani Air Force (PAF) F-16 fighters, company officials said.

“The negotiations are being held through our Pakistani representative,” a TAI official said. “We are hopeful about an eventual deal in view of our excellent relations with PAF.”

If finalized the deal will involve upgrades on a batch of 74 PAF F-16 aircraft, including 14 fighters Pakistan will acquire from Jordan.

But for any Turkish-Pakistani deal a US go-ahead is required.

“We are in talks [with the Pakistani officials] but it is not certain that we shall win the contract,” the TAI official said. “These [Pakistani] aircraft will need a US permission for any upgrade program.”

http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...4/tai-talks-upgrade-pakistani-f-16s/84854448/

As PAF wants to upgrade 74 F-16s (45 F-16 AM/BM [equivalent to Block 50/52] with nighttime capabilities), it not clear what upgrades will be applied to the 13 ex-RJAF F-16 A/B Block 15 ADF aircraft.

Jordan is selling upto 16 F-16s (15 F-16 AM/BM [equivalent to Block 40/42] and 1 F-16A/B Block 15 ADF)

* Jordan has lost two F-16s recently (December 2016 and February 2017).

If PAF manages to acquire those 16 aircraft, it will be interesting to see how it 'upgrades' the Block 40/42 [equivalent] jets.

As PAF wants to upgrade 74 F-16s (45 F-16 AM/BM [equivalent to Block 50/52] with nighttime capabilities), it not clear what upgrades will be applied to the 13 ex-RJAF F-16 A/B Block 15 ADF aircraft.

Jordan is selling upto 16 F-16s (15 F-16 AM/BM [equivalent to Block 40/42] and 1 F-16A/B Block 15 ADF)

* Jordan has lost two F-16s recently (December 2016 and February 2017).

If PAF manages to acquire those 16 aircraft, it will be interesting to see how it 'upgrades' the Block 40/42 [equivalent] jets.

Pakistan does use all their MLU kits which we bought in 2000's right ? can't we buy more MLU kits ?

so there is no update on that front since than ?
Nope... Except the PAF's F-16 upgraded ended up being for night-vision upgrades. Nothing new on the F-16s from Jordan or big-time upgrades. The only official bit of news we have on F-16s is that the ACM said that the PAF is still engaged with the U.S. for new birds, more than 8.

Nope... Except the PAF's F-16 upgraded ended up being for night-vision upgrades. Nothing new on the F-16s from Jordan or big-time upgrades. The only official bit of news we have on F-16s is that the ACM said that the PAF is still engaged with the U.S. for new birds, more than 8.

well i always maintain the opinion that PAF will get those remaining 18 block 52, and US will/may release them when Rafale comes to IAF .. for a lollipop to keep PAF engaged , obviously F-16 block 52's are not as advance as Rafale but they will be a good Fight in a Air Defense Environment .. Hopefully we will see some news regarding that by end of this year

Whats your view on still engaged on 8 new birds ?

Should not we move on ?

Whats your view on still engaged on 8 new birds ?

Should not we move on ?
To be honest, I don't think the PAF would move the needle on new F-16s until the JF-17 Block-III is in motion (e.g. production, initial induction, etc). They'll want to avoid repeating the PPP-era bust of spending sovereign funds on imports but requiring loans from China (and stepping away from a Thales/MBDA deal). Pakistan's close to a new electoral cycle and you truly never know what comes next. For the time being, the PAF might want to be patient: see if the F-16 line re-opens in South Carolina, get support in the U.S. industry and policy circles for the release of the AN/APG-83, AIM-9X, JSOW and Harpoon Block-II, and see where things go with other prospective routes.

My personal speculation: the PAF might aim for a final big F-16 order in 2019-2020 (i.e when the JF-17 Block-III is in serial production with all subsystems bought/budgeted with funds). I think 36 new-built F-16V/Block-72, 18 surplus F-16C/D Block-42/52 upgraded to F-16V and 18 upgrade kits for the current F-16 Block-52+ would make sense, but it's just me shooting speculation and dreams.

I think it will be wise for PAF to for J10B or C rather going for used F16's. its just an opinion, what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom