What's new

Used F16's - EDA 50 ~ 100 Available

Hi,

If the Paf goes for these aircraft---then it is not sending out some serious message to the U S---.

Secondly---Obama and prior---there would be no electronic sanctions on the F16 during a war with India---.

But with Trump in power---it WILL happen---. He wil authorize electronic sanctions---where these aircraft may not operate under full authority of the operator---.

Paf should have taken the J10 B / C route years ago and would have been well settled into the new aircraft---.
Unfortunately PAF leaders have short sightedness wen required to think out of box solutions to the future demands and pak foreign policy related matters.
No doubt J10C with AESA radar 9 HP IFR and trusted support and supply options can definitely overcome the retirement of upcoming 3 gen large number of F7s and mirage with a huge qualitative boost.
JF17 can shrink the gap with J10C but still the value of J10C will be more than blk52 which JF17 can not cover
Especially wen no other option is available in terms of SU35 or Rafael or new 16s due political and financial reasons

Hi,

That deal of 18 expired a while ago---. Plus the U S govt was charging an exorbitant amount for an poorly equiped BLK52---it was minus the aesa and no off bore sight missile capability---.

Paf needs to look at the chinese J series 4th and 4.5 gen aircraft.

The only F16 with a Aesa radar are the Block60 USED by UAE , these cost in excess of $80 million each.

And I thought all Block 52 came with JHMC systems

Seems to me USA us relunctant to sell advanced versions of F16 to Pakistan , and would rather PAF operated down graded versions

Since the Units are retiring F16 , we can perhaps adopt them and service them locally or with friendly nations like Turkey etc

• 55-60 Crafts would be nice idea to get our fleet figures close to 150 range, the price has to be proper

All depends on ease of purchase and upgrades available , since these units are coming from actual service , I expect lot of wear and tear on these machines

But Pak force mighth be interested in just brand new units who knows just an option

Last edited:
Hi,

That deal of 18 expired a while ago---. Plus the U S govt was charging an exorbitant amount for an poorly equiped BLK52---it was minus the aesa and no off bore sight missile capability---.

Paf needs to look at the chinese J series 4th and 4.5 gen aircraft.
Hi,
PAF pilots mastered F-16 and no doubt best f16 pilots in the world...however we never got access to wide range of f16 weaponry and neither AESA upgrade and HOBS ....ab majboor hain number barha ne hain ...cant afford completely new platform such as J-10C coz plans and funds are diverted towards thunder and 5th gen...firon wala haal hai...beech mein phans gaye hain....par kisi 1 jaga jaane ka raasta hai hamare pas...i wish u ppl also knew what block 3 is actually ...believe me its a beast..very soon u all will start hearing much about it....Since you yourself said earlier , a new platform means 10 years to understand it , by that time these 4/4.5gen will lose their value to much extent since after 2028 , many AF's will be looking for 5/5+Gen fighters...as i said earlier , we have been trapped badly but AHQ is wise enough especially Sir ACM Sohail Aman is i think best Airchief after Noor khan ....he is remarkably hard working man and a man with great vision and a great strategist

Last edited:
PAF plans at present are way to limited and modest for the threat they face.

There is no way in the world PAF can go toe to toe or eye for an eye scenario with light weight thunders and older block F16 with a partial upgrade . Worse still the thunders & F16 which is the hi end of the PAF is itself outnumbered by factor of 2.5 mki/mirage2000/mig29 to every F16/thunder.

This gap grows further when you consider 90% of the PAF lack a hobs/hmd combination.

in contrast the IAF boast three different hmd/hobs in the air force. ie Russian Israeli French ie
Shchel/R73 , on mki/mig29/mig21
elbit dash5/python Tejas 1/1A
the Topowl/mica mirage2000/5 and incoming rafales .

The Pakistanis talk about world class pilots and great training but lack in equipment

Training wise the IAF have mare frequent joint excercises overseas than the PAF counterparts

Even now the IAF will take part with USA, Israel Raf France & Germany in a Israeli version of Red Flag.

The exposure to modern tactics and doctrine is absolutely vital to plan and execute a air campaign.

The Indians seem to be trainming with the BEST IN THE WORLD
paf pilots train on the jets which are deadliest threat to PAF which is SU30MKI....we train on su30mkk while indian pilots dont train on f16s ....this line is enough to explain u everything :-)

EDA should fall under existing programs so we should get it relatively low rates after that it is just regular service and maintenence and possibly a MLU down the road

If such order cannot come thru grant programs or discounted programs then we will have to see the pros and cons

Likely looking at 1.5 years-1.75 years to service all planes into flying condition etc, these are after all 20-25 year old planes

Since not coming thru New PLANE deal would imagine process would be a bit more fast tracked

• 150 F16 (65 A/B models, 85 Block C/D)
  • 150 Thunder (Block 1 / 2 / 3)

Would be reasonable goal thinking we might be able to retire some older mirage while letting JF17 grow at regular pace

Last edited:
EDA should fall under existing programs so we should get it relatively low rates after that it is just regular service and maintenence and possibly a MLU down the road

If such order cannot come thru grant programs or discounted programs then we will have to see the pros and cons

Likely looking at 1.5 years to service all planes into flying condition etc, these are after all 20-25 year old planes

Since not coming thru New PLANE deal would imagine process would be a bit more fast tracked

• 150 F16 (65 A/B models, 85 Block C/D)
  • 150 Thunder (Block 1 / 2 / 3)

Would be reasonable goal thinking we might be able to retire some older mirage while letting JF17 grow at regular pace
so jaen bhai..raat hogai hai kaafi :-) 2:50 horahe hain

Hi,

If the Paf goes for these aircraft---then it is not sending out some serious message to
Secondly---Obama and prior---there would be no electronic sanctions on the F16 during a war with India---.

But with Trump in power---it WILL happen---. He wil authorize electronic sanctions---where these aircraft may not operate under full authority of the operator---.

Paf should have taken the J10 B / C route years ago and would have been well settled into the

???? No clue what is the basis of these statements

Do you work for state dept or pak embassy or diplomatic staff, military or aerospace industry or white house, DoD, pak military lastly served as congressional aid
or , have you been on any acquisition board ?

Last edited:
I'd rather see new 18 remaining block 52's than 36 Older block F-16's ...
at cost of 1.5 billion dollars, with no Aim 9x or aim 120 D with no Aesa radar, would you still want it?

I believe PAF can acquire the 10 F-16 Block 52s if they still want them and pay full price for them. Trump is keen on creating manufacturing jobs in US, so he may not object too strongly. May even tweet about it!
PAF dont see them cost effective without some additional gadgets for Air to air combact

at cost of 1.5 billion dollars, with no Aim 9x or aim 120 D with no Aesa radar, would you still want it?

the block 52's PAF get are very Advance as per many senior members here, there is much more that meets the eye with those Advance F-16's .. Pakistan Airforce can repeat order of 18 block 52's and AIM 9x maybe comes with them ..and if US wants to keep the leverage over Pakistan 18 F-16 will not hurt them or anyone , we can pay certain amount from our Budget rest can be paid by US Alliance fund .

PAF dont see them cost effective without some additional gadgets for Air to air combact

Exactly. Why should PAF invest in a platform that cannot be fully utilized? US only sold Block 52s because they were going to be used against terrorists operating along Afghanistan border. US sold Pakistan advanced equipment and munitions for ground attack, but didn't give advanced air-to-air technology. And given US warm relations with India, don't expect to get any.

This should reason enough not to stop pursuing F-16s.

???? No clue what is the basis of these statements

Do you work for state dept or pak embassy or diplomatic staff, military or aerospace industry or white house, DoD, pak military lastly served as congressional aid
or , have you been on any acquisition board ?

Hi,

If you want to stay stupid---it is your choice---. I don't know any of them---and I don't give a shit about any of them---.

But one thing I know is american public---which you do not know diddley shit about---and will never know and neither does your air force---because you don't have the brains to understand them and know them and neither does the air force generals---.

It was the american public that made the Obama govt cancel the free F16's for pakistan---.

The state dept---the embassy---the white house---the DOD---congressional board or the acquisition team---don't mean sh-it---.

American public is against pakistan---and none of those guys can do anything when the public is against pakistan---. So just clamp your mouth---and move away if that was all you had to say---.

I know you got a big mouth---but you can only yap it with pakistanis---

Well just for sake of record, the deal did not move forward due to lack of finances on Pakistan's side , US had approved sale of 18-20 F-16 C/D in past.

EDA are more less used planes that were in service for 10-15 years with US airforce etc requiring a Major servicing before it is available for new airforce , but I don't see why this would not be a stright forward purchase

Since we have a good Engineering base with the F16 platform , we are in good position to aquire some jets using the EDA program, plus I am sure we can also get some items serviced with Turkey

Seems like a reasonable addition to make a modest improvement in Pakistan's airforce
Bulk purchase

The Thunder JF17 program is certainly coming along to Block 3, howevr never hurts to make modest improvement in airforce here and there

I am sure with the Engineering base we already have we can certainly service and reuse some planes if the airforce decides to update the F16 fleet numbers by purchase of EDA

Last edited:
Hi,
PAF pilots mastered F-16 and no doubt best f16 pilots in the world...however we never got access to wide range of f16 weaponry and neither AESA upgrade and HOBS ....ab majboor hain number barha ne hain ...cant afford completely new platform such as J-10C coz plans and funds are diverted towards thunder and 5th gen...firon wala haal hai...beech mein phans gaye hain....par kisi 1 jaga jaane ka raasta hai hamare pas...i wish u ppl also knew what block 3 is actually ...believe me its a beast..very soon u all will start hearing much about it....Since you yourself said earlier , a new platform means 10 years to understand it , by that time these 4/4.5gen will lose their value to much extent since after 2028 , many AF's will be looking for 5/5+Gen fighters...as i said earlier , we have been trapped badly but AHQ is wise enough especially Sir ACM Sohail Aman is i think best Airchief after Noor khan ....he is remarkably hard working man and a man with great vision and a great strategist

Hi,

Sohail Aman is the problem---. Pakistani pilots are not the best in the world---the americans are---. Pakistanis rank between the good and very good---there are a very few who are excellent---but other than that---don't let the myth get to your brains.

Sohail aman is still living in the past---ie---man behind the machine mentality---and WVR---.

The J10's are available---twist and manipulate china's arm and you may get them for free---.

Here is what is happening with your air force---all these top guys---they still want their retirement jobs---green cards for their kids---etc etc etc---.

F16 is a superb aircraft---but the Paf needs to cut down the umbilical cord---.

And by the way---the sale of those 18 approved F16's has expired longtime ago---.

For those who are bringing it up---need to update their information base---.

Back
Top Bottom