What's new

Usage of "Indian Subcontinent" should be banned, Say "Asian Subcontinent"

He thought he was in mainland India, that's why native Americans are called Indians. He was never thinking of indus river lol, and why would he when the power and prestige of India has always been with the mainland after Indus valley civilization(which we were very much a part of) collapsed. Enough of your identity theft. Respect the fact that you chose a different identity for yourselves and build on that. We are usually accommodating of our neighbors who want to adopt our identity, but stealing or modifying it can't be tolerated.
Ganga was a different civilization and indus was a different one.. they were all lumped into 'india ' by the british.. .. so have some shame .. you are fighting to claim over a colonial name that we Pakistanis are disgusted with. Even hindu and hindustan are exonyms.. be honorable enough to use your own name/identity not the one given to you by an outsider.

Ganga was a different civilization and indus was a different one.. they were all lumped into 'india ' by the british.. .. so have some shame .. you are fighting to claim over a colonial name that we Pakistanis are disgusted with. Even hindu and hindustan are exonyms.. be honorable enough to use your own name/identity not the one given to you by an outsider.
Lol then Japan should be ashamed of itself cause it's an exonym?. What matters is does it represent mainland India and for all purposes yes it does. So if Pakistanis feel disgusted by the name stay away please we are not complaining. We will happily be the flag bearers of the glory of India and it's rich history.

Wow picking selective dates to prove point, story would have looked very different if you picked mauryan empire,
Anyways, the real reason it is called a sub continent because greater Indian was a different land mass and was not part of Asia

This is how Indian Subcontinent moved over larger time period

View attachment 859678

And Indian plate is different from Asian Plate
View attachment 859679

Now you understand the rationale behind Indian Ocean and Indian Subcontinent
Lol who told you the subcontinent mass looked like that. We have a physical topography to prove Pakistan was the location this joint happened millions of years ago. Regardless. The whole talk was on the naming convention not that it was distinct..dinosaurs didnt call it india. The original name was sindh and it will always be. Not india not hindustan not bharat.

I know I shouldn’t bother. But I’ll be damned if I listen to my own advice. Reactions here are just way too weird.

Personally, India defines the sub continent anyway. It just makes sense.

Objectively, speaking of nomenclature, here’s my take: Hundreds of years — even before the Muslim “invasion” — India was a hub for trade. For traders, Arab and European, this meant somewhere in Kerala, Goa, Tamil Nadu or Gujarat. As you can tell, these are mostly in the south.

Indus Valley civilisation as we know it, existed long before history. They lived and died before anyone can remember. We cannot even decipher their culture, let alone language. The current nomenclature (“Indus valley”) was applied AFTER the fact that it was discovered in “India”.

“India” captured arab and western imagination not for a long forgotten “Indus Valley” civilisation — but for what they knew as the source of rare, valuable spices and untold wealth.

The reason native Americans were eagerly (and unfortunately) mistaken for “Indians” — A bunch of kingdoms in the south. Starting with Calicut in Kerala.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn’t bother. But I’ll be damned if I listen to my own advice. Reactions here are just way too weird.

Personally, India defines the sub continent anyway. It just makes sense.

Objectively, speaking of nomenclature, here’s my take: Hundreds of years — even before the Muslim “invasion” — India was a hub for trade. For traders, Arab and European, this meant somewhere in Kerala, Goa, Tamil Nadu or Gujarat. As you can tell, these are mostly in the south.
India does not define the subcontinent.
The world does. lol.

Lol who told you the subcontinent mass looked like that. We have a physical topography to prove Pakistan was the location this joint happened millions of years ago. Regardless. The whole talk was on the naming convention not that it was distinct..dinosaurs didnt call it india. The original name was sindh and it will always be. Not india not hindustan not bharat.
you can call it sindhu, Hindustan , India , hip hip hurre , habibi habibi whatever,
Base line is right from to origins to geography to culture this land mass or subcontinent has distinct history / Identity which you cannot deny,

Your beliefs are just 1400 years old and its not even a drop compared to the history of this land

you can call it sindhu, Hindustan , India , hip hip hurre , habibi habibi whatever,
Base line is right from to origins to geography to culture this land mass or subcontinent has distinct history / Identity which you cannot deny,

Your beliefs are just 1400 years old and its not even a drop compared to the history of this land
what baseline? and what has the name got to do with that?
i didnt even bring my religion in the discussion..your typical talking points stop at religion..
do you even know when was your rig vida actually written?

No such thing as indian subcontinent
Try this experiment. Around midday when the sun is shining, go outside. Close both eye and count till three. It will get somewhat dark.

Now decide. Did you just turn the sun of or not.

what baseline? and what has the name got to do with that?
i didnt even bring my religion in the discussion..your typical talking points stop at religion..
do you even know when was your rig vida actually written?
How that is relevant here,
India / Land Mass constituting India has a distinct identity (thats why Indian Ocean, Indian Plate, Indian Subcontinent) is older than any religion

Try this experiment. Around midday when the sun is shining, go outside. Close both eye and count till three. It will get somewhat dark.

Now decide. Did you just turn the sun of or not.
It's the same thing as your own version of google maps only accessible within india so you can jerk off to it while the world continues using the standard naming conventions.

India / Land Mass constituting India has a distinct identity (thats why Indian Ocean, Indian Plate, Indian Subcontinent) is older than any religion
That identity didn't exist in age of dinosaurs , the identity india didnt exist until a few hundred years ago.
There is no such thing as distinct identity in your peninsula.there are 200+ different nations. you took the identity from your ruler brits .who started using it only some hundred years ago.thats when all these names for ocean and different colonies came up..

Well you were all called "INDIANS" back in the day.... Now Indians and Pakistanis and Bengali or what have you. Just for uniformity's sake, it can be called the Subcontinent. At the end of the day you are where you are from.
You were not called "indians" prior to European colonization. You appropriated the name during their rule and at the end of it.

He thought he was in mainland India, that's why native Americans are called Indians. He was never thinking of indus river lol, and why would he when the power and prestige of India has always been with the mainland after Indus valley civilization(which we were very much a part of) collapsed. Enough of your identity theft. Respect the fact that you chose a different identity for yourselves and build on that. We are usually accommodating of our neighbors who want to adopt our identity, but stealing or modifying it can't be tolerated.

Native Americans are still called "indians" just as you are because of him. So a European colonist gives you your fake identity which he derived from Romans who in tern indirectly dirrived it from our Sapta Sindhu. Clearly you are the thieves.

Indus is our land and our history. You lay off of it please and stop using fallacies to falsely claim it as yours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom