What's new

US wants India's help in fighting Baitullah Mehsud: Holbrooke

Screaming Skull

Reaction score

New Delhi: The US wants India to do more in Afghanistan and help fight its new enemy Baitullah Mehsud.

US special envoy Richard Holbrooke's message to India when he met Indian officials in New Delhi on Wednesday was, "Beitullah Mehsud, he is a terrible man. He is a great danger to Pakistan, to Afghanistan."

Pakistani Taliban leader Beitullah Mehsud is now Washington's public enemy number one as his men inch closer to Islamabad.

Latest reports claim Taliban is operating in Buner, which is just 100 kms away from the Pakistani capital, Islamabad. Mehsud is provoked by first ever drone attacks in the Orakzai agency in Federally Administered Tribal Area (FATA).

America is worried and is looking for friends and allies to take Mehsud on and in the process, help them out of the Afghanistan bear trap.

"We cannot settle issues like Afghanistan, and many other issues without India's full involvement,” said Holbrooke in New Delhi.

India is clear that it's willing to help but not at the cost of surrendering on its core concerns. Holbrooke insisted that he hadn't come to Delhi to mediate between India and Pakistan.

"We did not come here to ask the Indians to do anything. We did not come here to ask anything,” Holbrooke added.

He said he was in Delhi to inform and consult and he also confirmed that the US was now in the implementation phase of the Af-Pak strategic review.

Holbrooke clarified that the first milestone in this phase will be a stable Pakistan which includes severing the Jehadi-ISI nexus.

Last edited:
Sure thing Mr. Holbrooke whatever you say! Lets seek Indian help to kill BM and make it India's problem instead and send the bastard and his cronies to Kashmir! GREAT IDEA! I am all for it! I'll even drive BM up to Kashmir if need be! :enjoy:

Sure thing Mr. Holbrooke whatever you say! Lets seek Indian help to kill BM and make it India's problem instead and send the bastard and his cronies to Kashmir! GREAT IDEA! I am all for it! I'll even drive BM up to Kashmir if need be! :enjoy:

Exactly, i mean it is a regional problem but how do the American's propose the Indian's hit BM? No brainer!

Frankly talking, India should stay away from this mess and should learn from the mess created by US for pakistan.

The only thing US has done is, it has shaken the bee hive (afganistan) and now its stinking pakistan and its surrounding more than US.

So Stay out India :undecided:

Don't you dare!

You whack the sucker and roll his carcass out of the car right in front of the U.S. embassy and pick up that damned money.

Frankly talking, India should stay away from this mess and should learn from the mess created by US for pakistan.

The only thing US has done us, it has shaken the bee hive (afganistan) and not its stinking pakistan more than US.

So Stay out India :undecided:

Kiyoon Bhai? tum tau abhi say hi darr gai? (Why Brother? You are scared from the get go)

No! No! Please by all means India is a 'regional leader' as per Holbrooke! C'mon partner, we send all these extremists bastards to Kashmir for your half a million army there to take care of them, what say you?

Lets see how India behaves (better or worse) when its put into the same position Pakistan has been put? I can imagine 2 or 3 suicide bombings per week in Delhi or Mumbai would be more than enough to inject reality in the Indian psyche!

Don't you dare!

You whack the sucker and roll his carcass out of the car right in front of the U.S. embassy and pick up that damned money.

Naaahh! I like the idea for sending the bastard to Kashmir more! Keep your reward to yourself! Let the 'Regional Leader' India 'whack' him and get the reward!

BM is financed by RAW.
Terror activities of Indian consulates in Afghanistan. Check the thread you will find the proofs.

BM is financed by RAW.
Terror activities of Indian consulates in Afghanistan. Check the thread you will find the proofs.

OK! so whats your point genius? BM will just be coming home to India! Let RAW give him a house in Delhi so that he could lead a ''peaceful'' life! :crazy::rofl:

Kind of funny how Holbrooke manages his words when its about India. Initially he was appointed for Af-Pak-India. Then they removed 'India' from it.

And whenever he comes to India, he never talks about the K word. He always says he is not here to mediate. Exactly says the same things that Indian govt wants him to. Indian lobby in US is surely doing a damn good job!!!

Kind of funny how Holbrooke manages his words when its about India. Initially he was appointed for Af-Pak-India. Then they removed 'India' from it.

And whenever he comes to India, he never talks about the K word. He always says he is not here to mediate. Exactly says the same things that Indian govt wants him to. Indian lobby in US is surely doing a damn good job!!!

Exactly the reason for us to send BM and his suicide brigade to Kashmir. We want Holbrooke now to visit India more compared to Pakistan! Soon enough he will be even spelling the 'K' word for you and your Indian lobby! :cheers:

OK! so whats your point genius? BM will just be coming home to India! Let RAW give him a house in Delhi so that he could lead a ''peaceful'' life! :crazy::rofl:

House? I thought he wanted Peshawar.

Don't you dare!

I really wonder if the US knows something we don't that its asking a seemingly disconnected entity to help out in killing BM.

Maybe the underlying message was "Get him off the payroll?"

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom