What's new

US vacates checkposts ahead of SWA operation

^^

Anything can happen Millitants can run - off into Afghan territory where then can be hunted by ISAF or US forces . Atleast they would add up the numbers .

I also heared interior minister for media saying we " will flush them out of Pakistan " . May thats the strategy why the posts are being abandoned.

Enjoy make sure your popcorns dont blow up the microwave .

"Enjoy make sure your popcorns dont blow up the microwave"

Don't think we buy the type that comes with RDX special flavoring.

The operational aspects of the withrawl on the Waziristan Campaign are limited from what I can tell. As part of the preparatory measures, 9 Division isolated the area under Taliban control from Afghanistan, indeed one of the prongs is coming from near Angoor Adda, on the border. Waziristan Militants have been pounded for months by the PAF (since June), so the effect on the Operation should be minimal.

But on the strategic level, well it could not have been worse timed, it makes it seem as if the ISAF is acting contarary to Pakistan, and in this war projection is exceptionally important.

In reality the removal of eight bases, most nowhere near the PA area of operations will have nil impact but yes, the misinformation and lack of counter information has created a storm. Could have been much better handled.
All well with you I trust?

:azn:

Pakistan cuts deal with anti-American militants - Yahoo! News

Get back in that vacated post soldier and dont forget to bring your beer , pop corn and **** magazines also ! :partay::usflag:

Well, the Americans don't seem to be too concerned in that article - take a look at the following comments by Admiral Mullen in the PBS documentary, Obama's War, and read between the lines:

But what evidence is that that they're going to go after [the] Haqqani [network] and [Mullah] Omar?

Mullen:The focus of my discussions with Gen. Kayani and others has been exactly this, among other things; that there is clearly a need to do that as well.

Q:What does he say?

M:Well, the fact of the matter is that the Pakistanis see India as a significant threat that isn't going to go away. So you've got a commander of forces in Gen. Kayani who has got two different fronts. He's got the Indian threat to his east, and he's got the terrorist threat to his west.

He's learning counterinsurgency as we went through. He's rotated a significant number of forces off that eastern side into the fight. And there are some limits in terms of his ability to both rotate and train and address these two things.

I've made it very clear to him what my concerns are, and he has an overall operational plan to do this. We would have him do it much more quickly. Patience isn't necessarily our strength. He is doing this in a very deliberate way. And, you know, a significant measure for my relationship with him and also him specifically is generally he lays out a plan and he executes. He tells me what he's going to do, and then he does it.

Q:What is his plan to go after [the] Haqqani [network]?

M:I'm not going to talk about the specific details of any kind of military plans. ...

FRONTLINE: obama's war: interviews: adm. mike mullen | PBS

Nothing if not predictable.

I, naturally, won't be holding my breath awaiting the onslaught upon Omar, Hekmatyar, Haqqani, Bahadur, and Nazir anytime soon.

Recommendation from S-2?

Withdraw from Afghanistan.

Immediately and en toto.

Embargo all purchases of Pakistani goods and services.

Cut off all aid as presently projected to both Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Await the next A.Q. attack upon our lands.

Return with something a bit more flavorful than popcorn and beer and without the benefit of an Armitage moment.

Thanks.:usflag:

I've long been concerned that Mullen has gone "native".

We'll take your U.S. ambassador if you'll take our CJCS.

I've long been concerned that Mullen has gone "native".
:lol: Yes - we can be quite charming and convincing when we want, survived multiple 'failed state' moments have we not.

The Indians describe those attributes somewhat differently, in not such a nice way.;)

We'll take your U.S. ambassador if you'll take our CJCS.
I believe you already have the Ambassador ...

"...survived multiple 'failed state' moments have we not."

I've never considered you failed. Teetering? Perhaps.

"I believe you already have the Ambassador ..."

Good. You take Mullen. We'll make Haqqani our new CJCS and immediately send him on a mission to Pakistan.

You know what to do from there.:hang2:

You may appoint Mullen your new pakistani ambassador to America and we'll...

ummm, uh...

...fail to confirm his appointment. Not sure I want him back in any capacity.

Where's Peter Pace when we really need him?

Mullen's comments about Kiyani's deliberate approach ignores that Bahadur and Nazir aren't projected to be attacked at any point whatsoever, IMV.

They're not stupid. I don't believe that either would willingly facilitate the acceleration of their own demise following any successful decapitation of Hafizullah Mehsud, et al so it's not in the works in any capacity at any time. Nor Omar, Haqqani, Hekmatyar.

Thus my proposal. Some loss to you? Yeah, sure but what A GAIN to compensate. Afghanistan if you can take it...

...and you can/will should we pull out.

What happens from there will be incredibly interesting. I'm certain in my thoughts but the twists and turns of life can take matters in all sorts of directions.

My guess is we'll not ask and you'll not tell, as usual...and life will muddle along at life's pace toward what?

Who knows...?:)

Mullen's comments about Kiyani's deliberate approach ignores that Bahadur and Nazir aren't projected to be attacked at any point whatsoever, IMV.

They're not stupid. I don't believe that either would willingly facilitate the acceleration of their own demise following any successful decapitation of Hafizullah Mehsud, et al so it's not in the works in any capacity at any time. Nor Omar, Haqqani, Hekmatyar.
I can't agree that it may not be in the works at any point in the future.

But as you alluded, a lot will depend upon how Afghanistan shakes out.
Thus my proposal. Some loss to you? Yeah, sure but what A GAIN to compensate. Afghanistan if you can take it...

...and you can/will should we pull out.
That presumes that the only objective in front of Pakistan is 'taking Afghanistan' - a stable Afghanistan with a neutral government is an acceptable objective as well. I am not certain Karzai and the people put in place by him (that evil looking Intelligence director for one), are up to being that neutral state.

Amrullah Saleh (the intelligence director) was asked in an interview about Pakistan's concerns regarding Afghanistan not accepting the Durand line - his response - 'we have not crossed that line'.

Aside from the fact that that is untrue (Afghanistan did try a failed attempt at instigating a Pashtun insurgency), and that the current GoA does not have the capacity to cross that line, he pretty much avoided the question.

Not very reassuring from the Pakistani perspective.

Afghanistan needs to determine what it is in her interest - conflict with Pakistan or honoring its international treaties (Durand Line) and working towards the betterment of its people and a ditching of its irredentist ambitions.

Nothing if not predictable.

I, naturally, won't be holding my breath awaiting the onslaught upon Omar, Hekmatyar, Haqqani, Bahadur, and Nazir anytime soon.

Recommendation from S-2?

Withdraw from Afghanistan.

Immediately and en toto.

Embargo all purchases of Pakistani goods and services.

Cut off all aid as presently projected to both Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Await the next A.Q. attack upon our lands.

Return with something a bit more flavorful than popcorn and beer and without the benefit of an Armitage moment.

US simply can't afford to do that for so many reasons :agree:

Gen Kiyani is a very professional general who has no illusions.

Will US stay in Afghanistan for another decade? i do not think so.
Our political puppets need to learn diplomacy from Gen Kiyani.

This war is for securing Pakistan so we should not expect any help from US? They only care for there G.I Joe's safety and are an occupying force where as Pakistan is weeding out anti-state elements from its own territory.

The operational aspects of the withrawl on the Waziristan Campaign are limited from what I can tell... so the effect on the Operation should be minimal.

Well here is verification that there is going to be negative impact on the operation.

But on the strategic level, well it could not have been worse timed, it makes it seem as if the ISAF is acting contarary to Pakistan, and in this war projection is exceptionally important.

So if you understand this then why the ISAF command ignored the importance of this issue?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom