What's new

US to offer F-35 fighters to India

F-35C requires more throw power than a steam catapult can muster. Hence a new catapult system has been developed, called EMALS (Electro-Magnetic Aircraft Launch System). If India is indeed interested in F-35C, then it must be for IAC-2 only (although it remains to be seen if India can develop/build similar launch systems). The time frame, in such a case, should suit India.

F-35B is s STOVL which which is seriously handicapped by comparatively low payload capacity and, IIRC, reinforcement of the existing platforms is required.

So, its still a long way from home. Nevertheless, jingo dil khus hua.

hmm well if this does go through it will be a big headache for pakistan

Trust me. None of these is done keeping Pakistan in mind. Our military planners have long ago moved away from Pakistan as a centerstage of future planning. Please do no give yourself undue importance.

Do you seriously belive any nation needs PAK-FA, F-35, AGNI 5, SURYA ICBM, nuclear subs, nuclear aircraft carriers, anti-sat weapons, lasers to deal with Pakistan?
Pakistan is no more a threat buddy. It is just an irritant.

Just wait for 12 to 15 months, and every word of my post will be clear to you.

I request pakistani members to understand reality. Look around you with open eyes and clear mind and picture will be clearer to you.

It is not suitable for a number of reasons...first among the multitude reasons is that fulfilling existing orders itself will mean the India will not get the jet till after 2020.

...not sure about that, some of our broke European friends may be glad to defer their own procurement to the benefit of Indian Navy.

Mark the words of chachachaudhary...

Thats the ultimate reality.

Actually India is following Regans's thought...

WE DONT WANT WAR BUT:::

YOU CAN ONLY NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH....

I this news is true then it is more possible that IAF is also getting F-35 As rather than F-16s or F-18s for its MMRCA Competition. Although i have read many times on forum that IAF was willing to put F-35 into MMRCA Competition but the Lokheed Martin was not willing to sell it, but i think now the wish of Indians was granted by U.S as many Indians were saying that they will in future will allow us to buy it. So Congrats to Indians. But i think if they are going to procure F-35A then they might order 200-250 Planes.
Repli i get shocked to hear that!

Mark the words of chachachaudhary...

Thats the ultimate reality.

Actually India is following Regans's thought...

WE DONT WANT WAR BUT:::

YOU CAN ONLY NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH....

And like the saying goes...'The best weapons are those which are never used'.

Can't take it? ;) F-35 for India and 'heart ache' for adversaries, as expected. :cheers:

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1372/37ka.jpg

So this mean it was also offered to Pakistan....:rofl::rofl:

4557065061_2486c0e86f_o.jpg

Well, congrats to india but why their is no such news on LockHead Martin's official website or anywhere on internet other than indian source?

LockHead Martin's Official Website

And look such kind of fuss was also created in January by Indian sites.. (only indian sites)

US to offer F-35 fighters to India - Google Search

Here are some links:

..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Navy: US offers F 35 to India as India-US Defence Cooperation grows

US offers F 35 Joint Strike Fighter to India - CombatAircraft.com

And for google search: Try this: India US F35 - Google Search

Well if the news in false you will see an explanation from Lockheed soon.

Back
Top Bottom