What's new

US to offer F-35 fighters to India

"US to 'offer' F-35s..."? Are they giving them away for free?

This thread is stupid: Daddy is giving me a present, but not giving you any. Ha ha ha!

for the heck of writing...

You are jealous:P

"US to 'offer' F-35s..."? Are they giving them away for free?

This thread is stupid: Daddy is giving me a present, but not giving you any. Ha ha ha!

We are talking about Pakistan we are talking about India

They know we need 5th gen fighters for navy also they want to earn some cash .. reason for f35 is made.

F-35 is offered to the navy
Lockheed Martin responded to the RFI by the indian navy
They have offered both F-35 B and F-35C
Others who have responded to RFI are Desault with its Rafale , Boing with f/A18 , Eurofighter GMBH with Typhoon , Saab with Sea Gripen
F35 C being the most competent among the alot has a higher chance of winning

Other aircrafts that could win are basically those who might get selected for mmrca
Now mmrca front runners as per IAF requirements are Rafale , Typhoon , F/A 18
if any of them wins the mmrca contract , then there is a high chance that it will also be selected for naval mrca
However navy has shown clear preference for F35
Coz F35B is capable of operating from the carriers which its acquiring by 2014 ie Vikramaditya and Vikrant
and F35C would be capable of operating from the next aircraft carrier which india hopes to induct by 2018-20

However contract is unlikely to be finalised before 2015-16
becoz firstly navy would like to gauge the performance of mmrca aircraft which the airforce will be operating by then , before the navy decides on its mrca , considering the fact that commonality between airforce and navy aircraft will be quite helpful

For your record, we were offered F-18 but we refused and F-16 were selected based on our requirement. :pakistan::usflag:

How can America sells its latest and stealth fighter to a Russian's ally. :bunny:

err..... forgive me for asking but when were you exactly offered the F18? 1991?

i rember you guys were under sancitions then and were not even able to procure the 28 F16 you guys paid for!!!!

err..... forgive me for asking but when were you exactly offered the F18? 1991?

i rember you guys were under sancitions then and were not even able to procure the 28 F16 you guys paid for!!!!

And you know what the worst part was.............US charged Pakistan a "parking fee" for the F-16's.!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Buddy pls put a source for it news. If its really true, this is really a joke of the year.

Pak defence strengthened, very marginally

CHIEF of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman has cat egorically stated that there was no restriction on the use of newly-acquired F-16 combat aircraft against any adversary. Talking to reporters at Shahbaz Air Base in Jaccobabad after a ceremony to mark the formal induction of the first three of 18 advanced F-16 fighter jets into the PAF fleet, he stated “our mission is to maintain peace in the region with honour, but if the primary effort fails we will use all our assets, including these aircraft, to defend our country against any internal or external threats”.

This clarification and assurance is significant as it comes in the wake of propaganda unleashed by Indian lobbies that the aircraft are being given to Pakistan with the condition that these would not be used against India. In fact, such a condition would have been absurd as the country faces real threat to its security from India and if these were not for use in the face of aggression from the eastern front then their mere acquisition becomes irrelevant and meaningless. A poor country like Pakistan cannot afford to have the luxury of maintaining a fleet of such costly jet fighters just for showcasing purposes. We would also point out that this is a commercial deal and not as big a concession by the United States as is being portrayed these days. In fact, the United States withheld both cash and planes and instead charged parking fee from Pakistan for undelivered fighter jets. No doubt, the new F-16s would provide the PAF all-weather day and night precision attack capability, adding a new dimension to the PAF’s potential but this addition would be marginal if viewed in the context of latest weapons including fighter planes being procured by India from all available sources. We would, therefore, urge our policy-makers not to rely solely on supply from a single source and instead enter into joint ventures with countries like China and Turkey to develop weapons of the need on our own.

Back
Top Bottom