What's new

‘US to expand military ties with India, no decision on F-35

----------------------------

@Topic if India wants the F-35 it will certainly get it. The US has said as much however the only viable candidate for the F-35 in India now is the Indian Navy. It remains to be seen whether the IN is willing to overlook the F-35's flaws or whether the N-FGFA is ready in time for the IAC-2.

dude i read somewhere most probably in LIVEFIST that our admiral clearly stated that we dont want f 35. we need tejas and its successors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day dreaming about F35. That thing will be only for close american partners not just a brother in regional crime like India. Day dreaming about Akhand bharat may have eaten away Indian brains. :omghaha:

Btw F35 is pretty much a dead project. Canada and turkey are already having second thoughts.

OK!

NOW hey luffy luffy luffyyyyy :whistle: GO FETCH THE STICK

On Topic : most prolly F35 project gonna be scrapped, not sure but all the indications point towards it.& keep Americans at arms length just let them not supply counter arms to rogue states surrounding India.

dude i read somewhere most probably in LIVEFIST that our admiral clearly stated that we dont want f 35. we need tejas and its successors.

I don't know about that. It was most likely his opinion and rightly so. However for the IAC-2 the most likely contenders are N-FGFA,F-35C or soe N-MMRCA like the Rafale-M or F-18 "SILENT HORNET". From what I have learnt though the IN is certainly looking for "next-gen" fighter for the IAC-2. Sure if the N-AMCA was going to be ready it'd be good to see that being on the ACC from day 1 but it will likely come later to the IN's fleet.

IAF, certainly not, they are already going for Super Sukhois, FGFA, Rafale, LCA & AMCA. So where does F-35 fits in??

IN, Possible, given that IAC-2 is a CATOBAR designed ac, US will ask for IN buying there jets in exchange of there giving CATOBAR tech.

Yes IAF can't afford two Gen 5 fighters together, so that possibility is ruled out.
again for IAC 2, there seem to be too many ifs and buts . Are we sure that IAC 2 is going to use CATOBAR and also that N-Rafale will not be available for a longer deck IAC 2 or 3 perhaps.
Summary of all this:
While i love to fantasize two of the best fifth gen fighters in India's inventory but prohibitive costs does rule out any such fantasies . F 35 IMHO may not be seen in Indian colors anytime soon.

Day dreaming about F35. That thing will be only for close american partners not just a brother in regional crime like India.

Buddy, IF India wants the F-35 you can bet your backside they'll get it. The F-35 is in soooo much brown stuff (as you have touched upon) that a sizable order (it's India so it will be) would seriously help the health of the entire porject and be welcomed by all concerned.

The highest officials of the GOTUS have said as much:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...nton-makes-unbelievable-f-35-pitch-india.html

REPORT: Hillary Clinton makes "unbelievable" F-35 pitch to India - The DEW Line

US pushing to sell radar-evading F-35 fighter jets to India - Firstpost

OK!

On Topic : most prolly F35 project gonna be scrapped, not sure but all the indications point towards it.& keep Americans at arms length just let them not supply counter arms to rogue states surrounding India.

US as of now has only Raptor as Gen 5 fighter and if it scraps F 35 project, it may have to re-look into re-starting production lines of F-22.
Now considering the huge unit costs, it is unlikely that F-22 can be built in numbers projected for F-35 variants.
also other participating nations can't get their hands on Raptor, so that leaves T-50 and J-20 a huge market to tap.
Although with so much of research and investment, it is unlikely F-35 program will be dropped.

I read here of PDF that India has already categorically stated that it is not interested in F-35 and it wishes to pursue only one Gen 5 fighter program. It is therefore little baffling that every now and then a report pops up indicating India's possible purchase of F 35.

Are there some back channel (Khufia) talks that we don't know about and F-35 may debut with IAF or IN?
@ sancho @ abingdonboy
F-35 for the IAF is now a non-starter. The IAF will not be inducting THREE different types of 5th gen fighters (FGFA,AMCA and F-35). And anyway the F-35's utility to the IAF over and above what the FGFA and or AMCA bring to them is negligable if not non-existent.

For the IN it all depends on a few things, firstly whether the N-FGFA is ready in time to be deployed from day 1 on the IAC-2 and if the N-FGFA has been modified to operate from catapults as the IAC-2 will almost certainly be CATOBAR configured. Secondly as the IN seriously wants EMALS, will the US push for a "bundle" deal wherein the F-35 comes with the EMALS tech (along with the E-2D in most probability)? And then it comes down to the IN's own thinking, will they push for the flawed F-35C over and above,say, the RAFALE-M or F-18 SILENT HORNET?

Buddy, IF India wants the F-35 you can bet your backside they'll get it. The F-35 is in soooo much brown stuff (as you have touched upon) that a sizable order (it's India so it will be) would seriously help the health of the entire porject and be welcomed by all concerned.

The highest officials of the GOTUS have said as much:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...nton-makes-unbelievable-f-35-pitch-india.html

REPORT: Hillary Clinton makes "unbelievable" F-35 pitch to India - The DEW Line

US pushing to sell radar-evading F-35 fighter jets to India - Firstpost

Actually I really hope India buys or even becomes a funding partner. That thing is dying already and U can't wish anything more for your enemy that they buy F35. :)

Mate, just found the post on LIVEFIST, and considering SHIV AROOR is not the most reliable journo, my take is the Naval Cheif is saying the N-LCA is the IN's PRESENT FOCUS at this point right now. Did he rule out the F-35 or a N-MMRCA competition?? NO! Remember we are talking about 4-5 years down the line (when the contracts for these fighters needs to be signed) so naturally this wouldn't be the IN's most immediate focus.

'Famed F-35'? :omghaha: What's so famous about it? It's been beset with intractable and seemingly insurmountable problems and glitches from HMDs to pressurization to malfunctioning tail hooks! And with an escalating outrageous price tag of $166 million a piece, WE DON'T NEED IT!!

Do u know that the 144 PAKFA/FGFA That India plans to acquire in first batch will cost us 18 Billion USD for the fighters and 6 Billion USD for Development cost , not to mention 3-4 Billion USD towards weapon's package

Actually I really hope India buys or even becomes a funding partner. That thing is dying already and U can't wish anything more for your enemy that they buy F35. :)

Yeah sure, u wud kno after all BD's frontline fighter is F7 which is a big deal, thus ur logic. :coffee:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom