What's new

US suspends military aid to Pakistan. Military says it doesn't need it.

This will be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. The carrot-on-a-stick aid is a curse for Pakistan.

40,000 lives lost....80 billion dollars worth of damage...i think we should take the carrot and shove the stick up their a$$ by blocking nato supply route till they pay us the damages along with an apology:agree:

This will be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. The carrot-on-a-stick aid is a curse for Pakistan.

Excellent news. I NOW think Pakistan should refuse ALL aid, just to prove total independence from the USA.

We should be used to this now....

A Martial law starts in Pakistan...... (1958, 79, 99)
The genral in question is very unpopular in the west...
Then suddenly something happens in the world that Mr Generalissimo becomes a valuable ally to west.
He is showered with all the goodies.
Then after less than 10 years his importance fades as the crisis/war ends
The flow of aid stops

All the newspapers in the world want Pakistan declared a Terrorist state.

Wrong!
Pak Army does want this money.
In fact, most of tis aid goes to Pak army itself.
I don't understand why you guys blame the politicians when it's the Pak Army that gobbles up most of the aid.

I think you are correct, although most of my fellow Pakistanis take the easy route and say 'corrupt politicians'.
Who was running the WOT in Pakistan from 2001 to 2008? GENERAL Pervez Musharraf and his show-case 'civilian' government. That period was the bulk of the WOT and a lot of time the Bush administration did not really push for accountability like Obama is doing now. As far as I know, Musharraf and his govt. (at least in Islamabad) has never been accused of mass corruption.
The money being paid to Pakistan is called 'aid' and it is only 'aid' in the sense that Americans are subsidizing Pakistani military's deployment and aggressive posture in the northwest regions of Pakistan. It is also most probably true that some of the 'aid' money is being funneled into civilian and military elites. but MOST of the 'aid' is for compensation paid for the increased expenses in the WOT. Also, significantly, Pakistani military planners have been diverting some aid-related resources to counter India--this has been acknowledged by Musharraf himself.

So...truth lies somewhere in between. This 'aid' is not some hard cash given for nothing. 100,000+ Pakistani troops are being deployed in the northwest and the 'aid' covers some of those EXPENSES. However, for the Pakistani military, there are definite gains in terms of equipment and technology to counter India. P3-C Orion is but very obvious gain. Not to mention, there is no real love for most of the militants inside Pakistani military establishment; Haqqani group and Mullah Umer are potential future tools for Pakistan. But most others are certainly not. So why not use American money to take them out.

Please stop this 'corrupt politicians' mantra. It is almost exclusively the Pakistani military which controls security policies--and Zardari is quite happy to let them do so.

Having said all this, I would ask Pakistani govt. to completely block all travel from Pakistan to the United States of America except through some 3rd country where individuals may be vetted out before allowed to travel. Pakistan needs to completely get out of the treacherous American orbit but at the same time don't give any excuse for False Flags either--and they are coming. Don't underestimate the cunningness of the CIA to frame Pakistan.

Excellent news. I NOW think Pakistan should refuse ALL aid, just to prove total independence from the USA.

I agree. Pakistani politicians and Pakistani miitary really need to make a total independent foreign policy that is in the best interest for Pakistan and only Pakistan. The U.S. and Pakistan share no mutual interests today in 2011. Maybe we did in the 1970's and 1980's, but not today in 2011.

I believe that Pakistan can be a very important player to change events for global powers, but Pakistan has to look for long-term benefits for itself not short-term like aid that is only harming Pakistan.

The U.S. is very pro-india today and anti-pakistan and anti-china. What does that say? Should Pakistan be going out of this way to support U.S. foreign policy that is harming Pakistan.

Actually thinking back on this it is not entirely a bad thing for Pakistan. One must not rely on a crutch forever if he wishes to become a runner.

Having said all this, I would ask Pakistani govt. to completely block all travel from Pakistan to the United States of America except through some 3rd country where individuals may be vetted out before allowed to travel. Pakistan needs to completely get out of the treacherous American orbit but at the same time don't give any excuse for False Flags either--and they are coming. Don't underestimate the cunningness of the CIA to frame Pakistan.

They should be subject to TSA like groping too and full body scans

Its about time they cuff off aid to Pakistan. As the flow of money to corrupt officials dry up they will turn to Islamic terrorist groups for money and thats when Pakistan is more aware of the dangers of Islamic terrorism.

They should be subject to TSA like groping too and full body scans

You're right. I was disgusted that they be groping old and kids instead of people of Arab or Asian descent. Doesn't make sense unless Obama is working for the Islamic terrorists.:undecided:

i heard they cut the AID FOR ARMY, not for CORRUPT POLITICIANS,

all they want to do i make army weaker but that cant happen.

we should bring in Chinese companies to explore oil and gas in North Pakistan..i mean if there is Oil and Gas in tajikistan then why not Pakistan that is in the same region and just 17 kilometers from Tajikistan...Who knows there might be oil and gas reerves starting from north down till Sui in Baluchistan,,,,,afterall this Central Asian region is gifted.

You're right. I was disgusted that they be groping old and kids instead of people of Arab or Asian descent. Doesn't make sense unless Obama is working for the Islamic terrorists.:undecided:

Well why don't you try him for having Hussein as a middle name..... is it not enough to frame some one as a terrorist ?

In the words of Rumsfeld, shortly after the OBL raid:
"....stopping aid to the Pakistanis may make us feel good for, say, 10 minutes. But have done that before. And the result is that we lost contact with a whole generation of the Pakistani military leadership..."

The so-called aid is compensation paid for expenses-fraction of the expenses if you consider how much damage Pakistan has sustained in the WOT. Also, the more Pakistani troops deployed in the tribal areas, the less American GIs (much more expensive in potential lives and $$) are needed.

The only way Pakistan can be brought down to its knees is by a false flag operation done by the CIA. I am confident Pakistan can even survive an Iraq-like embargo. It will be painful but Pakistan is not without resources. Not without friends.

PS. In all this, the saddest part is that American and Pakistani interest in Afghanistan are colliding because of the peculiar India-Pakistan-America triangle where Pakistan is very secondary to American interests. I wish Pakistani planners see the need for an urgent detente with India.

Back
Top Bottom