What's new

US suspends hundreds of millions in military aid to Egypt

Lol,go this,go there....

Russian weapons are downgraded and of dubious quality(Egypt had a lesson in that in the 60-70's),chinese...hmm,they're quite a mistery for now but they are untested,the US can let you down at every moment,the UK follows the US,the germans became to hippie for their own good (no weapons against human rights...oh,gimme' a break!) ...want a trusted european partner? I say go french! Good weapons,they keep the supply constant and they sell for the right price,no hippie BS envolved.You need money for that though.Anybody remembers the "freedom fries" and american rants before 2nd iraki war just because the french didn't followed them blindly?

How you seen our two well-known Russian users in action here. If delusion was a Olympic discipline then those two guys would be world record holders for all eternity. They would sure have made Lenin, Stalin and all the other "great" Russian leaders proud.

Also LOL at them underestimating China.

What is your point? you could have implied instead of ''what do you think'' shot. I see it as a pre-caution step taken during a specific period of time. It has nothing to do with the US pressuring on Europe!!!

:tup:

Europe, at least the main European powers (UK, France, Germany) are strong enough not to follow everything USA does. Hundreds of example of that.

What’s the point of buying expensive US weaponry when they don’t sell the latest weaponry on it.
Russia/France is better.

Russia has good weapons now

Says who,tested where ? They always rant how their rockets,their fighters shoot F22 down,etc,etc,but they're doing this for decades ,when push comes to shove they fail to deliver.My 2 cents,it would be stupid for arab countries to do the same mistake again,going russian.

Anyway can anyone tell me how come the Americans are so fond of the MB?

Need to read up about all this.

Can the Egyptian members answer me? @Mahmoud_EGY, bro? You are or were living in the US. Or was it @agentny17?

Last edited by a moderator:
How you seen our two well-known Russian users in action here. If delusion was a Olympic discipline then those two guys would be world records holders for all eternity. They would sure have made Lenin, Stalin and all the other "great" Russian leaders proud.

Also LOL at them underestimating China.

:tup:

Europe, at least the main European powers (UK, France, Germany) are strong enough not to follow everything USA does. Hundreds of example of that.

They always talk big,but talk aside let's see the facts,and the facts show that Egypt and other arab states went with russian weapons ang got screwed.
All this talk about Europe beeing an american pawn might have some reality,but right here,right now european firms need one thing badly:money.For money,they will sell and i think they will sell with ToT to.See the case of KSA ,it got every kind of ammo it wanted in the Typhoon deal,no BS about no BVR missiles and other crap.

Says who,tested where ? They always rant how their rockets,their fighters shoot F22 down,etc,etc,but they're doing this for decades ,when push comes to shove they fail to deliver.My 2 cents,it would be stupid for arab countries to do the same mistake again,going russian.

So maybe American fighters are superior in technology but when they refuse to sell the latest missiles then the "inferior" Russian jets with the latest missiles will do better.

So maybe American fighters are superior in technology but when they refuse to sell the latest missiles then the "inferior" Russian jets with the latest missiles will do better.

Or french jets with every kind of missiles will do wonders :smokin:
I'm looking at the case of Irak to,you went political on your decision to buy F16 without BVR and other weapons when you could have simply ordered 36 Rafales with everything.Maybe next time :)

Anyway,for such deals Egypt needs money,they can't do it without UAE or KSA money.

Or french jets with every kind of missiles will do wonders :smokin:
I'm looking at the case of Irak to,you went political on your decision to buy F16 without BVR and other weapons when you could have simply ordered 36 Rafales with everything.Maybe next time :)

Anyway,for such deals Egypt needs money,they can't do it without UAE or KSA money.

So we go to France later lol, no problem but theres a story behind that, see they tried to sell Mirage F1 overpriced last time, 3 different jets are no problem. Egypt has enough anyway, doesn’t it ?

So we go to France later lol, no problem but theres a story behind that, see they tried to sell Mirage F1 overpriced last time, 3 different jets are no problem. Egypt has enough anyway, doesn’t it ?

:laugh: Ofcourse they'll try to rob you if you're not careful,just hold on when you're negociating.Look at the KSA Typhoon deal and the bargaining done there or the current negociations between Dssault and the UAE.As a saying goes

"Nu e prost ala care cere,e prost ala care da"-"It's not a fool the one who asks,the fool is the one who gives".Stick to your guns and the financially strapped euro firms will give in.

Egypt has a numerous fleet,no BVR capabilities.

The russian bear has gone wild:lol:. Thats what happens when you have Vodka and un-super-visioned kids. :girl_wacko::omghaha:

:lol:

No offense to any Russians (don't really have a problem with them as a people) but those two users are hilarious. Especially that Vostok dude with his so-called Christian preaching and accusations of decadence in Europe and Russia being the savior of Europe and the whole world and Russia being the best friend of us Arabs and Muslims etc.

Let me tell you this bro. Based on real life experiences and on this forum then I would go with the Chinese every day of the week all year round. No doubt about it.

The ancient Arab-Sino relations need to be further strengthened. We need to try to balance that with having good relations to USA/the main European powers.

Anyway can anyone tell me how come the Americans are so fond of the MB?

Need to read up about all this.

Can the Egyptian members answer me? @Mahmoud_EGY, bro? You are or were living in the US. Or was it @agentny17?

After the fall of Mubarak the MB were the only (truly) organized political movement (also one which had significant popular support) in the country and with such a short transition period they were destined to make large gains in both Parliamentary elections as well as the Presidential elections (which the promised not to stand in). The Americans (being control freak Americans) decided they needed a reliable 'partner' in Egypt especially as the pro-'Murica SCAF was going to be replaced.

So, before the parliamentary elections and the presidential elections the Americans approached the MB (for the first time, publicly that is). They wanted to suss out whether the MB could be a reliable 'partner' in Egypt and they weren't going to be disappointed for a very good reason, the MB were standing at the gates of power and to seek a fight with the Americans (which most MB supporters wanted or believed) would severely hurt their chances of success, especially as American influence at the time was high in Egypt although it was diminishing. Of course the MB would be given some leniency to appear anti-American but they would never actually hurt American interests directly.

As for the military and economic aid, its only temporary. As long as elections are held (which they will) and the bloodshed stops in Cairo and elsewhere (between demonstrators from both sides and the security forces) which will eventually happen as the MB's campaigns and protests lose steam (which they already are/have) then we will get our hardware on a silver platter. The peace treaty and Americas economic interests are not to be trifled with and Obama is in no way ready to allow the peace treaty to collapse or get blamed for the job losses that could happen if Egypt decides it will look elsewhere. If anything the move to cut aid has only strengthened Sisi's position even though he isn't anti-American.

Egypt has a numerous fleet,no BVR capabilities.

Misconception, Egypt has BVR capability it just doesn't have the AIM-120 on the F-16 because we refuse to sign CISMOA.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:
No offense to any Russians (don't really have a problem with them as a people) but those two users are hilarious. Especially that Vostok dude with his so-called Christian preaching and accusations of decadence in Europe and Russia being the savior of Europe and the whole world and Russia being the best friend of us Arabs and Muslims etc.

Not that I hate them but I don't get along with them either.:angel:

Let me tell you this bro. Based on real life experiences and on this forum then I would go with the Chinese every day of the week all year round. No doubt about it.

The ancient Arab-Sino relations need to be further strengthened. We need to try to balance that with having good relations to USA/the main European powers.

No doubt, KSA has been friendly to all nations and is maintaing mutual relations with most countries. Im sure we are going to see further positive changes in Arab-Sino relations in the next coming days especially after this political blunders done by the US.

Misconception, Egypt has BVR capability it just doesn't have the AIM-120 on the F-16 because we refuse to sign CISMOA.

This gets repeated often about Egypt, but I don’t believe it, I don’t think the US will sell Egypt AIM-120 whatever circumstance there is simply to keep te Israeli air force superior.

Do you mean AIM 7 with BVR ?

This gets repeated often about Egypt, but I don’t believe it, I don’t think the US will sell Egypt AIM-120 whatever circumstance there is simply to keep te Israeli air force superior.

Do you mean AIM 7 with BVR ?

KSA is aromed to the teeth, so no worry about Egypt. We can move couple of typhoons to do the job in case of any misbehaving by the so called state of Israel.

Back
Top Bottom