What's new

US suspends hundreds of millions in military aid to Egypt

Anyway can anyone tell me how come the Americans are so fond of the MB?

Need to read up about all this.

Can the Egyptian members answer me? @Mahmoud_EGY, bro? You are or were living in the US. Or was it @agentny17?
they can destroy the middle east without the need for wars and they dont care about their countries it doesnt matter to them any brotherhood member country is the orgnization they are perfect for the west

Last edited by a moderator:
Those so called military assistance are linked to Camp David's conventions and peace agreement, any suspension of any kind is considered a violation and will result to the collapse of the treaty.

Second, The US can shove their aid where it fits, GCC states have pledged to replace the US aid and to stand by Egypt politically, militarily and financially. Time for Egypt to go on a shopping spree from either Russia or China or both.

While house of saud at it; financing Sisi, can Saudis also ask Egypt to trash camp david treaty which is imposing on Egypt and its people? OR house of saud recent dealing with Israel is too good to make that call?

You are welcome bro. I hope the government is doing the right thing. You never know what can bite you in the *** one day. Goes for both KSA and Egypt. We might be living in the ancient and beautiful Middle East but the neighborhood is dangerous and chaotic and alliances can change within days. MB are not dead I am afraid.

But I know that they are nothing else than a selfish fascist organization that aims to control the entire ME in the disguise of Islam. Their own one. I learnt it after seeing what they did in Jordan. Let Blackeagle tell you about it. He experienced it first hand. Oh, and this has nothing to me being against MB because of their anti-monarchy stance. I am not particularly pro-monarchy but I know for a fact that the most stable countries in the ME are the monarchies. Nobody can argue against that. I prefer stability rather than chaos.
the brotherhood is the same and if they can kill every one in the world to rule they would the MB is not dead but it will be soon i think we can finish them off and then they will start to fall in the whole region

While house of saud at it; financing Sisi, can Saudis also ask Egypt to trash camp david treaty which is imposing on Egypt and its people? OR house of saud recent dealing with Israel is too good to make that call?
saudis are our friends but this is our call only the Egyptian people can say what to do about camp david

While house of saud at it; financing Sisi

Any proof for this claim? Or is it just like any other day :lol:? Breaking old habits are hard to do.

OR house of saud recent dealing with Israel is too good to make that call?

Why would Egypt trash Camp David in first place? :lol: there is no need to call anybody, but seriously, someone here should talk to a psych :lol:

Then how can it fire the AIM-7?

Do you have evidence of said downgraded radar?

The actual hardware isn't restricted by whether you sign CISMOA or not, its just whether the client is allowed to buy said hardware and that changes all the time, for example the Longbow radar was at first restricted to Egypt, however, it will now be delivered with the 12 Apaches which will probably arrive next year because of the political climate.

The radar on the EAF F16 is a little more evolved than the one used on the F4.
The CISMOA has really nothing to do with the delivery of a weapon type. It your proximity to Israel and the recent history that dictates what can be given to you for the sake of Israel. It is the same rule with all Arab countries.

Dude, seriously!?

You take the word of a random person on the internet about such complicated issues without at least investigating or wondering whether such things are even possible or logical. Would the Israelis seriously use said power in times of peace and therefore alert the EAF to said power which would in turn lead them to do something about it. Seriously!?

It is serious Frogman...I am not trying to shed a bad light on the EAF...We all have similar problems since we don't produce our own systems.

The Egyptian military is a disgrace

Only a thick puppet military would be useless F16s that without vital equipment and technology would be useless against Israel

The same haramii thick military has just overthrown the only force in Egypt the Jews and yanks were scared of

The Egyptian military is a disgrace

Only a thick puppet military would be useless F16s that without vital equipment and technology would be useless against Israel

The same haramii thick military has just overthrown the only force in Egypt the Jews and yanks were scared of
that is why the US stoped military aid

print_head_logo.jpg

Egypt: Two Years After Morsi

House Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa
Author: Steven A. Cook, Eni Enrico Mattei Senior Fellow for Middle East and Africa Studies
December 16, 2015

Steven A. Cook testified before the House Subcommittee on the Middle East and North Africa and argued that although the coup d’état that brought General Abdel Fatah al-Sisi to power has not resulted in stability, prosperity, or democracy, Egypt is too important for the United States to walk away.
morsi-egypt-mursi-protest.jpg

Main Takeaways

The four most important facts that members of Congress must understand about Egypt today are that

• the Egyptian state is weak and unable to cope with the country’s political and economic problems;
  • President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi has not consolidated his power;
  • political discourse is plagued by exclusionary hyper-nationalism that is polarizing and radicalizing Egyptian society; and
  • Sisi has not learned the lessons of the Mubarak period, namely that a reliance on coercion and patronage is an ineffective way to ensure stability, and has in turn created a more authoritarian and more unstable country.
In order to determine an appropriate U.S. policy toward Egypt, U.S. policymakers need to understand what the United States actually wants. Thus far, the main policy themes have focused on democracy, economics, and security:

• It makes little sense to talk about supporting a democratic transition because there is little reason to believe that the United States has the capacity to influence the direction of Egyptian politics. Egyptian officials define their internal struggles as existential, making it difficult to reign in their behavior.
  • Some observers have focused on helping the Egyptian economy, inducing private sector-led inclusive economic growth through a range of neoliberal reforms. However, Egypt’s leaders are committed statists and prefer to reinforce the significance of the state as Egypt’s primary economic actor. It is worth noting that, as the Mubarak period demonstrates, economic growth does not always generate stability. In the end, it was rapid economic change that helped destabilize the Mubarak regime.
  • Egypt is confronting a significant threat from extremist groups in the Sinai Peninsula. Though the United States can help in this fight, the Egyptian armed forces distrust the United States. Senior commanders believe Washington helped enable the Muslim Brotherhood and deeply resents its suspension of military aid in 2013. The Ministry of Defense does not agree with the United States' narrative of events.
The United States and Egypt have been drifting apart for decades. However, Egypt remains an important country for the United States, making it worthwhile for Washington to

• emphasize principles of tolerance, equal application of the law, compromise, and nonviolence to send a clear message that there is no such thing as “back to business as usual” and signal to Egyptians who want to live in more open and democratic societies that the United States will not abandon them;
  • support Egypt's fight against extremists by maintaining the assistance package at current levels and encouraging the Egyptians through the promise of additional resources if the Ministry of Defense alters its doctrine and mix of equipment to meet what the Pentagon calls “twenty-first century threats.”
Click Here to Download Full Testimony From Steven a. Cook

Back
Top Bottom