What's new

US suspends hundreds of millions in military aid to Egypt

Yes and I replied that Bahrain is not even a priority on US foreign policy hierarchy while Israel is the golden goose, so like I said US will not give permission. :azn:

Bro, please give it a rest, don't make us think less of you :lol:

America supports China or India or Israel is none of our bleeping business at all, we only look for our interest, nor do we seek anyone's permission to do what we would like to do. For now the Israelis didn't do a thing against our interests, in fact, we want too keep both of Iran and Israel at each other's throat :lol:

We hadn't seen one bullet fired at us from their side, why do we have to create some drama in the most volatile region in the world?

If you still don't get it I will make it simple, US never really cared about Bahrain or Bahrainis so they disregard KSA interference in Bahrain, besides not like KSA interference made a "hostile Bahrain" for the US so why exactly would US policy makers bat an eye?

LoL. Are you trying to argue with me all over this? Everything you said is actually in contrast to what reality is, unless you happen to be working in the state department, then that's a different story. I'm not willing to get into details on that though.

Yes and I replied that Bahrain is not even a priority on US foreign policy hierarchy while Israel is the golden goose, so like I said US will not give permission. :azn: If you still don't get it I will make it simple, US never really cared about Bahrain or Bahrainis so they disregard KSA interference in Bahrain, besides not like KSA interference made a "hostile Bahrain" for the US so why exactly would US policy makers bat an eye? Israel like I said is a whole other ball park. :pop:

It was long ago and you can google reprisals on Muslims after 9/11 some made the news but a vast majority did not, you would have had to live here like me and many other Muslims did at the time to know what we went through. You don't even have to take my word for it, ask other Muslim Americans who lived through that time here what it was like, especially Arabs since they had it worse than most.

True but US also has a bunch of things that influence that, like most murders are crime related and race related kills are very low compared to say gang violence, money, drugs, etc. Also our jails here are better than most peoples homes especially federal lock ups and so many poor people do crimes on purpose to get into jail. Not to mention some states have a three strike law where you can do three little crimes and it don't matter on the third strike you get life. That is why our prison population is so high.

I never mentioned KSA, I mentioned other countries where law and order does not matter as much. Yes Afghanistan comes to mind or Pakistan.

Nah it was no doubt a hate attack but the sikhs were like hey everyone we are not Muslims and so the question become does it even matter? The answer to which is no because like here in NY the sikhs get whooped and their turbans pulled off by blacks just because they are wearing them and not because they are supposedly thought to be Muslim. Not to mention you can just go to white supremacist websites and see they are not fond of sikhs anyway.

Well, some remarks here and there are obviously not something that is pleasant. But I was talking about violent acts. I sincerely don't recall any violent acts aimed at Muslims, Arabs or in particular Saudi Arabians that resulted in deaths. Would make no sense. If so Westerners should be a target for all eternity and everywhere for all the casualties they have been behind. Africa would be no-go land. Very few people think in that way and when they do only like 0,5% of them put words into action. I also don't recall reading about/seeing any sources that told me that most Saudi Arabians escaped USA after 9/11. I just gave one example from my family. Not a family member but a family friend who stayed and did not experience any problems at all. I also know that thousands of other Saudi Arabians continued to live in the US.

Also why should they be treated differently than all the other Arabs living in the US? Doubt more than a tiny minority of Americans can tell the difference. From my understanding then at that point nearly 3 million American Arabs lived in the US. Muslim and Christian btw.

Yeah, those reasons I know about. But I am just telling about the data. I was shocked to learn about the number of inmates in California when I lived there. Or some of the crime rate in LA.

Why Pakistan?

Well I get your point there but the main target for an American supremacist I would imagine would be an Arab. Preferably a Muslim one. Or just Muslims in general. No matter if many of the Arabs in the US are whites or at least could come across as whites from Italy for example with no problem.

Maybe I am wrong. As you said there are barely any race related crimes. I imagine most of those incidents that have gotten to the attention of the international media have mainly been white-black episodes and some targeting of SUPPOSED Muslims and actual Muslims? Am I wrong?

The explosion was mostly glass flying and my room faced differently. However, the aftermath with the cut up bodies and dead people did leave an impression. The upside(if that is a term) is that we were "forced" to live in a five star hotel for the rest of our time there.

WOW. That's sick. Hope that you have no aftereffects from that experience. Can't imagine that it was a pleasant sight.

I recall that attack vaguely. There was widespread condemnation across the whole country. All layers of the society.

WOW. That's sick. Hope that you have no aftereffects from that experience. Can't imagine that it was a pleasant sight.

I recall that attack vaguely. There was widespread condemnation across the whole country. All layers of the society.

None as such. Lived through Karachi in the 90's so used to the sound of guns. What was more ignominious was that I went through another explosion in Peshawar, then two in Islamabad.. a side effect of being a "hospitality industry kid".

Something which I witnessed first hand, as I lived in the Al-Hamra compound.

Al-Hamra is nothing compared to the bombing of the Central Traffic Station in Riyadh, or Al-Mahayia.

Glad you made it alive :), my relative was injured during Al-Malaz - Gas Station - raid by none other than Bin Laden's old-good-days buddy, Al-Miqrin.

...................................................................................................................

Al-Hamra is nothing compared to the bombing of the Central Traffic Station in Riyadh, or Al-Mahayia.

Glad you made it alive :), my relative was injured during Al-Malaz - Gas Station - raid by none other than Bin Laden's old-good-days buddy, Al-Miqrin.

That is what got their attention though(and hollywoods as well). Although they did not do justice in "The Kingdom" as to how the victims of the bombing faced. A lot of the dead were Saudis as well.

None as such. Lived through Karachi in the 90's so used to the sound of guns. What was more ignominious was that I went through another explosion in Peshawar, then two in Islamabad.. a side effect of being a "hospitality industry kid".

That is just insane. You are a very lucky man it seems. I can imagine that witnessing such a horrible attack once is bad enough but THAT many times? In different locations and countries moreover?

You have to elaborate on that "hospitality industry kid" sentence. Not sure if I understand what you mean? You work in the medical field? Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.

That is just insane. You are a very lucky man it seems. I can imagine that witnessing such a horrible attack once is bad enough but THAT many times? In different locations and countries moreover?

You have to elaborate on that "hospitality industry kid" sentence. Not sure if I understand what you mean? You work in the medical field? Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.

I dont work in the medical field. My father is in the hotel industry.. which means you get to move around a lot and meet people a lot.

I worked in embedded systems engineering, Now I look for work in the consulting sector.

Those bastards can only understand violence when they are attacking civilian targets mainly. Just look at the attacks in Yemen from time to time. Hope they root them out in our region and the Muslim world. Something in the ideology or the "brotherhood" those members experience must be addicting or either they are such strong believers that they actually do it to "please" Allah (swt) without not knowing that they dishonor him by doing such actions. Or just pure criminals who enjoy killings and use a "religious garment" to disguise their actions with. Sounds very plausible. No doubt that they have some sadistic/psychopathic traits among them.

Ibrahim al-Asiri must be targeted. I am sure he is plotting something while we speak now.

There is a difference between attacking civilian Muslims when there is no conflict whatsoever and illegal non-Muslim OCCUPIERS who have blood of innocents and Muslims on their hands. That is legitimate jihad. Rest is just murder and senseless killings.

Glad that your relative escaped unsafe!

I dont work in the medical field. My father is in the hotel industry.. which means you get to move around a lot and meet people a lot.

I worked in embedded systems engineering, Now I look for work in the consulting sector.

Ah, you were referring to the hospitality sector. Read it as hospital. No wonder that it made no sense in my head. The hotel sector is a very interesting sector IMO. You get to see the world and met a lot of interesting/new people. Have no experience with it but have relatives who are in the branch in Makkah mainly the hajj industry.

Ah, all the best of luck. Try Denmark. The pay is really well and there is a sizable Pakistani and Muslim community at least in Copenhagen.:D

That is what got their attention though(and hollywoods as well). Although they did not do justice in "The Kingdom" as to how the victims of the bombing faced. A lot of the dead were Saudis as well.

I don't we should pay attention to everything said against us, we are dealing with serious issues, and work with tens of Gov't on daily basis.

Every drop of innocent human blood is a waste for me, not Saudis' only.

Ah, all the best of luck. Try Denmark. The pay is really well and there is a sizable Pakistani and Muslim community at least in Copenhagen.:D

I think Ill try the US next. Still see a lot of hope in that country.

I think Ill try the US next. Still see a lot of hope in that country.

Are you living in Scotland right now? How are the work opportunities there? Is England not better?

Anyway if you can come to terms with the high taxes in Denmark and the fairly expensive accommodations then you are really well off IF you are secured a job in your field from what I have learnt here during my nearly 10 month long stay (studies not work though).

Yes, I also want to work for a while in the US when I get my degree. Like the country on many levels. Don't always agree with their foreign policy or everything they do. But I don't agree with everything KSA does either.

Anyway I think we are off-topic. Just delete my post if you want to.

Ah, you were referring to the hospitality sector. Read it as hospital. No wonder that it made no sense in my head. The hotel sector is a very interesting sector IMO. You get to see the world and met a lot of interesting/new people. Have no experience with it but have relatives who are in the branch in Makkah mainly the hajj industry.

Don't count on terrorist discriminating between non muslims and muslims. In there mind its not a big leap to discriminate between Sunni and Shi'a or any one else they disagree with, like a little girl in Pakistan that spoke out.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom