What's new

US suspends hundreds of millions in military aid to Egypt

Correct,but my point stands,they still need GCC money to buy military hardware.Not that i don't agree with them,what BS is this ? "We give you hundreds of F16 but no BVR capabilities?"...Latest russian hardware will suit them fine,the question is...are you guys willing to pay for it ?:pop:

JF 17's would be cheaper even then Mig's.

Point taken.

I don't think they need the MiG-29s so bad, but they once showed interest in it - prior to the first revloution against Mubarak -

Shocking news, as most of Egyptian military equipment are American.

It will take a very long time for Egypt to get independent from US based arms tech. The US can't be trusted at all after this.

What Egypt needs at the moment is heavy defense system like the S-300 and 400 thing until they build and demonstrate new air fighters/defense system if any. As for Now Egypt has a great toys that can deter for a long period of time. I don't think there will be any problem! Not to mention Egypt can get what it wants through third party and that is KSA.:woot:

What Egypt needs at the moment is heavy defense system like the S-300 and 400 thing until they build and demonstrate new air fighters/defense system if any. As for Now Egypt has a great toys that can deter for a long period of time. I don't think there will be any problem! Not to mention Egypt can get what it wants through third party and that is KSA.:woot:

Russians are the basest beings in such things, when they feel that you are in desperate need of them they will just use you. Egypt had a catastrophic experience with them in this regard as well as Iraq, Syria, Libya and to a less degree Algeria. Russians used to sell "export versions" of their arms unlike the west and even blackmailed them in several cases when they were in great need of then until Egypt kicked them out and was forced to turn to the West, not mention that Russian arms are downgraded to the Western's.

Egyptian equipment need constant upgrade, replacement and spare parts which can't be provided but by the US. Not to mention how hard and costy Egypt worked on training it's crews on them. In short, it turned out that we are caught by our balls. We have to work from now to diversify our arms sources and concentrate on home-made ones.

Russians are the basest beings in such things, when they feel that you are in desperate need of them they will just use you. Egypt had a catastrophic experience with them in this regard as well as Iraq, Syria, Libya and to a less degree Algeria. Russians used to sell "export versions" of their arms unlike the west and even blackmailed them in several cases when they were in great need of then until Egypt kicked them out and was forced to turn to the West, not mention that Russian arms are downgraded to the Western's.

Egyptian equipment need constant upgrade, replacement and spare parts which can't be provided but by the US. Not to mention how hard and costy Egypt worked on training it's crews on them. In short, it turned out that we are caught by our balls. We have to work from now to diversify our arms sources and concentrate on home-made ones.

I hear you and that's why KSA always demands ToT Egypt should follow suit, maybe they can go to Europe instead of Russia. For example france and Sweden as well as Italy, Ukraine and the UK.

What do you say? I've heard that Egypt will operate the JF-17, not sure about that.

I hear you and that's why KSA always demands ToT Egypt should follow suit, maybe they can go to Europe instead of Russia. For example france and Sweden as well as Italy, Ukraine and the UK.

What do you say? I've heard that Egypt will operate the JF-17, not sure about that.

Its seems your very naive when it comes to Europe, so I will give you an example

US is the Dog and Europe is its tail, wherever the US goes Europe follows, Euro pussys would never dare defy the US. Your only other option is China, but their Air defence systems are nowhere as capable as ours. So you will be buying second rate equipment.

Ship the MB to the US, they both make a perfect couple.:lol:
It seems like the U.S. invested a lot in the Muslim Brotherhood, and they can't take what happened. Such a sore loser

Ship the MB to the US, they both make a perfect couple.:lol:
It seems like the U.S. invested a lot in the Muslim Brotherhood, and they can't take what happened. Such a sore loser

Just know that your neighbors across the beautiful Red Sea and Arab/Semitic/Muslim brothers will always stand by the Egyptian people as you have stood by us since ancient times. Egypt has the potential to be a regional power. Its here and now that your leadership really needs to show what they are made of in order not to be exploited by anyone.

The Obama administration are complete and utter jokes. Can't wait for the day that Barack Hussein Obama Kenyan gets kicked out of the White House. He and his administration have no clue about what they are doing in the ME. The only reason that he got reelected was because an even bigger moron was his main rival (Romney or what the hell that Baptist was named).

The Americans seem to have a love relationship with the MB. Wonder what they are up to?

The many thousands Egyptians here in KSA surely told what they thought about the Obama administration when the waves where the highest a few months ago.

Move towards China. Russia cannot be trusted as others stated already and history has shown. China is the only country that could topple USA as the superpower of the world. Forget about the rest.

Its seems your very naive when it comes to Europe, so I will give you an example

US is the Dog and Europe is its tail, wherever the US goes Europe follows, Euro pussys would never dare defy the US. Your only other option is China, but their Air defence systems are nowhere as capable as ours. So you will be buying second rate equipment.

I strongly disagree with your statement as we have been working with Europe since ever and time has proven the opposite to what you have just said. The UK gave the US the middle finger just recently when they tried to block the Paveway TOT to KSA. Its all about business, money talks bulli$hit walks simple as that.

Lol,go this,go there....

Russian weapons are downgraded and of dubious quality(Egypt had a lesson in that in the 60-70's),chinese...hmm,they're quite a mistery for now but they are untested,the US can let you down at every moment,the UK follows the US,the germans became to hippie for their own good (no weapons against human rights...oh,gimme' a break!) ...want a trusted european partner? I say go french! Good weapons,they keep the supply constant and they sell for the right price,no hippie BS envolved.You need money for that though.Anybody remembers the "freedom fries" and american rants before 2nd iraki war just because the french didn't followed them blindly?

Lol,go this,go there....

Russian weapons are downgraded and of dubious quality(Egypt had a lesson in that in the 60-70's),chinese...hmm,they're quite a mistery for now but they are untested,the US can let you down at every moment,the UK follows the US,the germans became to hippie for their own good (no weapons against human rights...oh,gimme' a break!) ...want a trusted european partner? I say go french! Good weapons,they keep the supply constant and they sell for the right price,no hippie BS envolved.You need money for that though.Anybody remembers the "freedom fries" and american rants before 2nd iraki war just because the french didn't followed them blindly?

What’s the point of buying expensive US weaponry when they don’t sell the latest weaponry on it.
Russia/France is better.

Russia has good weapons now

Back
Top Bottom