What's new

US officials confirm Israeli air raid on Iraq

thanks to Allah Iraq finally is doing what they had to do from long time ago.

Do you think Iran would sell 3rd Khordad or other air defense systems?

Whilst Iraq has the Russian approval to buy S-400 systems these are very expensive and I am not sure if they are even suitable to combat UCAV. I think it's hard to stop UAV's either way and whilst it is good to acquire air defense systems such UCAV strikes might continue given who knows what Israel has for tech.

Whilst Iraq has the Russian approval to buy S-400 systems these are very expensive and I am not sure if they are even suitable to combat UCAV. I think it's hard to stop UAV's either way and whilst it is good to acquire air defense systems such UCAV strikes might continue given who knows what Israel has for tech.

@SOHEIL stated once, most probable and suitable candidate is 3rd khordad.
But it's an IRGC system, will they agree to sell..?

@SOHEIL stated once, most probable and suitable candidate is 3rd khordad.
But it's an IRGC system, will they agree to sell..?

If I have to guess, 15 Khordad or some Talash based system are likely candidates for Iraqi military. Wasn't the 15th of Khordad system shown to Iraqi delegates? I think 3rd of Khordad is a strategic assymetrical weapon and I can see it being operated already by PMU. Two drones have already been shutdown by PMU but I don't know what they have used.

If I have to guess, 15 Khordad or some Talash based system are likely candidates for Iraqi military. Wasn't the 15th of Khordad system shown to Iraqi delegates? I think 3rd of Khordad is a strategic assymetrical weapon and I can see it being operated already by PMU. Two drones have already been shutdown by PMU but I don't know what they have used.
Hmm, they should go for s400 side by side Iranian SAMs.

you need some short range Air defense systems like Pantsir missile system i do not know if we have some thing like that ofcourse we have it but do not know if its for export or not but i can map you a good air defense until Russian S-400 is ready for Iraq. to be honest i do not know what system can you buy from Iran we may sell you Bavar-373 ( downgraded version ) if IRGC sees you need them.

1. Iran's automatic AA guns with radar and cameras.

9e98e31c817f33952756c4c3d5930786068c72cd.jpg

Mesbah-1_eight_cannons_23mm_towed_anti-aicraft_air_defense_system_Iran_Iranian_army_defence_industry_military_technology_006.jpg

2. Iran's automatic SAMAVAT AA guns

1397062116095091615333594.jpg

1397062116101536915333604.jpg

146934767113331.jpg

3. Iran's automatic SAEAR AA guns

top_zed_havaee7.jpg

87063_766.jpg

1397072115304327215642394.jpg

4. Iran's YA ZAHRA and FM 80 and HEZR _ 9 and RAPIER short range SAMs

DSC_0631.JPG

341075_229.jpg

Rapier_28529.jpg

5. Iran's upgraded RAAD _ 1 and upgraded RAAD _ 2 SAM

RaadAntiAirMissileSystem.jpg

6. Iran's upgraded SHALAMCHE and SHAHIN SAMs

57775512.jpg

7. Iran's MEHRAAB SAM

1397081512155610515840444.jpg

154149559078052900.jpg

8. Iran's TABBAS SAM

photo_2018-06-17_18-36-14.jpg

9. Iran's 3rd of Khordad SAM

20jl9q1.jpg

10. Iran's TALASH _ 2 SAM maybe. i do not think Iran will sell any thing above those but again Iraq is very important to Iran so who knows what will Iran sell to you to protect its interest in Iraq a good and strong Iraq is very very very important to Iran.

50777292_552608135260601_7953630865795586700_n.jpg

photo_2019-02-02_16-51-50.jpg

Whatever system that will be “sold” will be together with considerable ToT. Even Yemen is producing own hardware now. It is in Irans interest that its allies are able to defend themselves and an important aspect to that is self reliant.

Personally I think the best outcome is if they will field all systems already unveiled. Simply because you need to get them battle proven and tested in order to catch the flaws and perfect them even more. I do not believe in protectionism at all. Get all systems to Iraq and Syria. Find out where they can be improved. Develop even better systems based on feedback.

Hmm, they should go for s400 side by side Iranian SAMs.

S-400 will take years to be delivered...plus many army generals are CIA agents they sabotaged the S-300 deal and the Chinese deal to buy HQ-9 air defense system ........all we can do is to activate our Pantsir-s1 we already have 40 or even more give half of them to PMF to protect their bases.. it did great job in Syria

X7-DP8-Gc-Bna-E.jpg

I think Iran would definitely sell Iraq air defence systems. They've said this numerous times.

Since you already have Pantsir that's your short-range air defence sorted. We can't sell you long range systems like Bavar-373 yet since the priority will probably be bringing them into service with Iran. But medium range systems 3rd Khordad, Sayyad-2 systems would definitely solve your problems in the short term since we have them in inventory (can be delivered quickly), they are quite cost-effective and quite combat-effective. Ranges of about 75 km with these sorts of systems. Technology loss would not be much of an issue since Iran has a few more advanced systems and is continually upgrading its current ones.

3rd Khordad especially is highly mobile and has a small footprint so the Israelis will have a hard time knowing for sure where exactly they are.

It would be critical though that these are brought into service of the Iraqi Armed Forces under the state though. So the Israelis can't use the same excuse they've been using with Lebanon. Obviously diplomatically you are in a much better situation than Syria. They can't carry out an extensive, long-term campaign in Iraq (like they're doing in Syria), neither diplomatically or militarily.

D9l3yMFXoAANcYH
D9l3yytXsAEKNGz
D9l3zkvWwAEAv5s

Last edited:
Since when has a Jew ever given a damn about the "Goy"?

The question was "What is preventing Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon from forming an alliance to protect their sovereignty and deter such acts.........". Israel has cutting edge military hardware backed by Uncle Sam providing intelligence. Only way to deter would be to unify the ranks and confront collectively. Working as isolated entities would be no match. They will be cut to pieces......

unlike you guys i prefer to arm Iraq with bavar-373 before Iran. bavar didn't prevent west to attack us in these years so it's not a priority for us now.

This is great development! Thanks for sharing.

I would be really surprised if Iran doesn't. Iraq is a really important ally of Iran

I think Iran would definitely sell Iraq air defence systems. They've said this numerous times.

Since you already have Pantsir that's your short-range air defence sorted. We can't sell you long range systems like Bavar-373 yet since the priority will probably be bringing them into service with Iran. But medium range systems 3rd Khordad, Sayyad-2 systems would definitely solve your problems in the short term since we have them in inventory (can be delivered quickly), they are quite cost-effective and quite combat-effective. Ranges of about 75 km with these sorts of systems. Technology loss would not be much of an issue since Iran has a few more advanced systems and is continually upgrading its current ones.

3rd Khordad especially is highly mobile and has a small footprint so the Israelis will have a hard time knowing for sure where exactly they are.

It would be critical though that these are brought into service of the Iraqi Armed Forces under the state though. So the Israelis can't use the same excuse they've been using with Lebanon. Obviously diplomatically you are in a much better situation than Syria. They can't carry out an extensive, long-term campaign in Iraq (like they're doing in Syria), neither diplomatically or militarily.

D9l3yMFXoAANcYH
D9l3yytXsAEKNGz
D9l3zkvWwAEAv5s
It won't work untill Iraq don't clean CIA garbages within them...
They may leak information about those systems position.

Back
Top Bottom