What's new

US found Zia ‘most patriotic liar’ on nukes, reveal declassified memos

Yes we did, and their is nothing wrong with selling your expertise in one field and acquiring some other expertise in exchange. The whole US space program was started by German scientists coerced by CIA to desert Germany.
Wrong! Selling nuclear technology amounts to nuclear proliferation which is against international law. The Pakistan Establishment brazenly went about it against all international norms for acquiring missile technology from North Korea in exchange for nuke technology.

The Americans were pissed off too as Pakistan was using their C-130s for the purpose of transporting equipment to and from North Korea but they had to turn a blind eye because Pakistan was helping the US in Afghanistan against the Soviets.

You're comparing apples and oranges when you talk of the American space program which was assisted by German technology. Operation Paper Clip had nothing to do with nuclear proliferation.

He was a good leader but damn he f**ked us over real bad

Wrong! Selling nuclear technology amounts to nuclear proliferation which is against international law. The Pakistan Establishment brazenly went about it against all international norms for acquiring missile technology from North Korea in exchange for nuke technology.

Maybe , you are looking for morals in the wrong place , there aren't any in this business . Legal or illegal it doesn't matter here , what matters are the national interests secured and taken care of , at the end of the day . Speaking of " proliferation " , we all know how the nuclear tech spread around the world , right ? Pakistan did acquire the M11's in exchange for assistance in North Korean nuclear program , it doesn't change the reality on ground , we have come a very long way from buying and reverse engineering those missiles .

He had his good points and extremely bad ones, one of which we continue to suffer the greatest blow back in our history i.e. terrorism.
They are bound to praise the man who worked for advancement of American interest in the region , now aren't they ? The ' most patriotic liar on nukes ' then who started the journey to the path of self destruction , where the country is today . Extremism , radicalization and terrorism are the order of day , all hail to the Commander of the Faithfuls Zia-ul-Haq . The man who started the Afghan Jihad and introduced and supported the " Jihadi " mindset in Pakistan , the consequences of which are more than apparent in the country . Not to mention his other gifts to the country - Afghan refugees , Kalashnikov and Heroin culture . My countrymen really have short term memories , I mean looking at the comments . Praise the man for his good qualities but do not forget his bad ones , the latter as it happens outweigh the former by a big margin .

I wont comment on him whether good or bad BUT wanted to point out that Afghan involvement was planned much before Zia so much before that Musharraf was a young officer then. Zia only executed it only.

So at times i wonder why blame him only

I wont comment on him whether good or bad BUT wanted to point out that Afghan involvement was planned much before Zia so much before that Musharraf was a young officer then. Zia only executed it only.

Not for afgan involvement,but changing the course of Pakistan for the Involvement in Afganistan

and champions of truth like you want the government to disclose everything like good kids and wait for the good fairy to reward them by placing sweets under their pillows.

Your totally idiotic comments hint at your immaturity and total ignorance about international politics, instead of wasting your time on this forum, you should watch tom and jerry on tv.

Why are you so butthurt?

Does anyone here thinks he looks like Stacy Keach? ;)

mikehammer.jpg

I am aware that Islamabad has been interfering in Kabul's affair since long before . The involvement in Afghanistan was necessary to a certain extent , I can never disagree with that knowing the behavior , attitude and actions of the Afghans since the day , this country was created . But to take it to an insanely high level and involve your whole country in that mess , does this sound wise ? Does it sound wise to fight other's war from your home turf and burn yourself in the process ? Does it sound wise to get 3 million + of ungrateful residents of an enemy country ? Does it sound wise to hook your whole population on the " opiate of the masses " ? Does it sound wise to execute a plan without having any exit strategy of any sort and total lack of long term planning and consequences study ? Though , I am yet to come across anything that gives credibility to this theory that such a plan with that level of involvement existed before Zia , but even if it did , the COAS , President and the owner of black&white of this country should have thought about it again and stopped that madness , not executed it and became the main player in the whole game . You know what we have done , we have ruined ourselves to achieve not-sure-what .

I am aware that Islamabad has been interfering in Kabul's affair since long before . The involvement in Afghanistan was necessary to a certain extent , I can never disagree with that knowing the behavior , attitude and actions of the Afghans since the day , this country was created . But to take it to an insanely high level and involve your whole country in that mess , does this sound wise ? Does it sound wise to fight other's war from your home turf and burn yourself in the process ? Does it sound wise to get 3 million + of ungrateful residents of an enemy country ? Does it sound wise to hook your whole population on the " opiate of the masses " ? Does it sound wise to execute a plan without having any exit strategy of any sort and total lack of long term planning and consequences study ? Though , I am yet to come across anything that gives credibility to this theory that such a plan with that level of involvement existed before Zia , but even if it did , the COAS , President and the owner of black&white of this country should have thought about it again and stopped that madness , not executed it and became the main player in the whole game . You know what we have done , we have ruined ourselves to achieve not-sure-what .

1. correction : Pakistan was NOT interfering in Kabul affairs rather Kabul was attacking Pakistan so before the attack reaches to entire Pakistan from Bajaur it was indeed necessary to stop it.

2. Even if what you say is taken into account the fact is Zia is NOT the only one to be blamed. The policy was already framed

3. and NO it was NOT madness

Not sure about his good deeds but we are certain that he is the person who inaugurated the path of destruction for Pakistan. He was the person who followed America them on whatever they asked him without looking/ thinking for long-term consequences. He was the person who implemented disastrous policies and Pakistan is paying them now.

Why don't you go ahead and provide evidence and warrant to your claim.

Tell us what really is the reason.

Took an oath on Holy Quran and broke his oath on holding elections. Ofcoruse Mr Zia's fan boys will come with another excuse how he made Pakistan ''taqatwar''.:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom