What's new

US DOD has approved a FMS for Pakistani F16s for Sniper pods & LANTIRN navigation pod

Lockheed Martin Corp., Orlando, Florida, has been awarded a ceiling $485,000,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract for Department of Defense and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) Sniper, Infrared Search and Track (IRST); and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) navigation pod (fixed wing) hardware production. This contract provides the necessary resources required for the management, fabrication, upgrade/retrofit, integration support and testing and shipping of its non-developmental item (NDI) Sniper Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP) System, NDI LANTIRN Fixed Image Navigation Set upgrades, and the NDI IRST system as it relates to the requirements document associated with each specific delivery order placed under this contract. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida, and various locations to be identified at the order level. The work is expected to be completed by May 2025. This contract involves FMS to (this list is not all inclusive): Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey. This award is the result of a sole-source acquisition. FMS funds in the amount of $34,900,000 are being obligated at the time of award under delivery order FA8540-20-F-0034 for the country of Morocco. Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, is the contracting activity (FA8540‐20‐D‐0001).

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Contracts/Contract/Article/2190758/

well since we have this F16 we might as well upgrade it

but I am against any more deals with US, our beggar mentality will never change, US sells us pods we start jumping up and down

Block III has targeting capability and also now we have the Turkish pods and integrated systems

we needed sniper pods 10 years ago at the time when we were using them in War on Terror which was a total mess

no more US weapons ever again thats my opinion

I am not talking about Zulus I am talking about new blk 70. Zulus will come it's matter of time. Pak is heading towards more F16s blk 70 along upgrades
I don't think Pakistan needs block 70 but if they came nothing bad about them. I think Pakistan is focused on FGFA and resources will be utilized towards AZM.

I don't think Pakistan needs block 70 but if they came nothing bad about them. I think Pakistan is focused on FGFA and resources will be utilized towards AZM.
If more blk 70 coming it means CSF issue resolved it won't be new money by GOP it would CSF money held by Trump.since new blk 70 would be standard means little cheap PAF should go in good number along current fleet with AESA upgrades. I hope PAF will get MROs too.

I see sizeable expension in PAF fleet reason more attention now Iran Afghanistan border along India on East.

If more blk 70 coming it means CSF issue resolved it won't be new money by GOP it would CSF money held by Trump.
CSF issue could have been resolved yes due to Afghan peace process vut If the CSF is resolved it depends on Pakistan what it will opt for utilizing CSF. The money is stuck in CSF & trump is looking to utilize it. India just opted for it's local Air crafts that is also one factor that can be the driving force. The timing of this award is also in line with India announcement so to early to say anything.

Lockheed Martin has received a FMS for Pakistani F16s of Sniper, Infrared Search and Track (IRST); and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) navigation pod (fixed wing) hardware production.
The total contract is worth $485 million which includes multiple US allies. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida, and various locations to be identified at the order level. The work is expected to be completed by May 2025.

Thank you India. Keep delaying Afghan peace and Viper will come as well. :-)
Any chances of AH-1Zs of Home Coming

CSF issue could have been resolved yes due to Afghan peace process vut If the CSF is resolved it depends on Pakistan what it will opt for utilizing CSF. The money is stuck in CSF & trump is looking to utilize it. India just opted for it's local Air crafts that is also one factor that can be the driving force. The timing of this award is also in line with India announcement so to early to say anything.
True there are different accounts about total value of CSF some says 12 some say 8 billion what ever it is it will spend in US for arms purchase. I hope Army will find solution of IED more Maxxpros or Chinese solution. We need an extensive drone network at Blochistan and FATA are armed like turkey keep watching and keep talking shots

Any chances of AH-1Zs of Home Coming
Not yet hopefully very soon

If they approve/release either Ah1Z viper or either CSF , then we should be happy . Its nothing . They are selling almost everything to India from LRMPAs , Attack helicopters and everything .

well since we have this F16 we might as well upgrade it

but I am against any more deals with US, our beggar mentality will never change, US sells us pods we start jumping up and down

Block III has targeting capability and also now we have the Turkish pods and integrated systems

we needed sniper pods 10 years ago at the time when we were using them in War on Terror which was a total mess

no more US weapons ever again thats my opinion
Yes US weapons are a rough nut but we already have F16s & upgrades are in our interest. Targeting pod is good but
LANTIRN navigation pod is also good as it helps to fly dedicated missions in highly competitive air space.

No matter what Zulus will be here .....sooner or later...
Well ZULU fans have found hope in this FMS. :-)

Lockheed Martin awarded $485 million for advanced targeting pods for U.S., allies

The U.S. Department of Defense said Monday that Lockheed Martin Corp. won a massive contract for advanced targeting pods.

The contract, from Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, is valued at more than $485 and covers Sniper, Infrared Search and Track (IRST); and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night (LANTIRN) navigation pod (fixed wing) hardware production.

This contract provides the necessary resources required for the management, fabrication, upgrade/retrofit, integration support and testing and shipping of its non-developmental item (NDI) Sniper Advanced Targeting Pods (ATP) System, NDI LANTIRN Fixed Image Navigation Set upgrades, and the NDI IRST system as it relates to the requirements document associated with each specific delivery order placed under this contract.

The contract is for Department of Defense and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) include Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey.

s a proven provider of IRST technology for more than 30 years, Lockheed Martin has left its mark. To date, the team has delivered more than 350 systems worldwide and consistently advanced its IRST capabilities across a variety of platforms.

https://defence-blog.com/news/lockh...r-advanced-targeting-pods-for-u-s-allies.html
Lockheed Books Potential $485M Navigation Pod FMS Contract
Brenda Marie Rivers
May 19, 2020

Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has secured a potential five-year, $485M contract from the U.S. Air Force to produce navigation pod hardware for integration onto fixed-wing platforms of multiple foreign military sales customers.

The company will fabricate, integrate, modernize, test and ship nondevelopmental item pods intended for navigation and targeting functions, the Department of Defense said Monday.

Specifically, the indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract encompasses delivery orders related to the Sniper Infrared Search and Track, and Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night systems.

The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center will obligate $34.9M in FMS funds for the initial order from Morocco.

Other international countries that can order hardware via the IDIQ are Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Egypt, Greece, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey.

DoD expects contract work to conclude by May 2025.

https://www.govconwire.com/2020/05/lockheed-books-potential-485m-navigation-pod-fms-contract/
If u don't mind , what was contract that was approved last year before or after IK visit to USA July 2019 ??? Thanks .

Back
Top Bottom