What's new

US considers funding Pakistani dam project, angering India

in a local expression... this news is 'lal bati of truck' and Pakistanis never get tired of running.

what was return that we pay for all these we know well simply told you sir? leave us alone we hate USA as much as we can hate .take your diplomatic mission block every thing and leave us alone forever and forget us .can you ? please .

we don't care what our puppet shoe licker leaders (in fact they don't deserve to call leader but prostitution sales men ) or puppet generals told to US or how they beg it by our names but as a nation out most hateful word is now USA .
Brother, this is not the solution for our issues.

GoP has to focus at the big picture which common citizens often overlook under the garb of emotions.

Pakistan cannot afford to be isolated at international level and that too at a time of economic crises. This is exactly what India would want.

Regardless of our issues with US, our ties with US ensure; continous financial assistance; relationship with US allies; balance in South Asian politics; and other benefits.

Their are some drawbacks too but those can be overlooked in the larger interest of the country.

One of the great things about china emergence is that they can always provide an alternative - at better rates and with less Raymond Davis characters as well. ;)

what was return that we pay for all these we know well simply told you sir? leave us alone we hate USA as much as we can hate .take your diplomatic mission block every thing and leave us alone forever and forget us .can you ? please .

Yeah I get it that you hate us. That's not the point of my post. I was replying to the notion that anything good, even a trade policy, is simply "throwing a bone."

It is obvious that anything positive from the U.S. to Pakistan would be viewed by many as "throwing the bone."

U.S. delivers aid to flood-ravaged Pakistan: "They are throwing us a bone. The food is laced with nanotech tracking devices."

U.S. assists in major construction projects: "It's just a bone. All those engineers and hard hat guys are CIA."

U.S. delivers AIM-120 missiles to the PAF: "Another bone. And they all have secret 'turn-off' devices in them."

:confused:

Yes, to a patriot and a serviceman, it must hurt and seem entirely unjustified - but whatever the reasons, I think this issue is much bigger than just the hurt sincere persons may experience --- what's really happened, what these sentiments and statements suggest is that the days and the possibility of Pakistan and the US being on the same page for a reasonable amount of time, is no longer available to either Pakistan or the US

IK... we have already paid in advance.
Does any one remember any profits out below ceremony?
8232148649463004145.jpg

This is called "throwing the bone".

Seeing that Pakistan actually had requested the U.S. to fund this and other projects earlier, I would say it is Pakistan that is asking U.S. to "throw the bone"

US asked to fund Bhasha Dam under KLL

So instead of pointing at U.S. perhaps you should ask your government why they want the bone and why they want to invite, what you guys allege to be, "Spies".

It's hard not to notice, the Bus, Trucks and Rickshaws running on Pakistani roads displaying imposing images of F-16s, but they seem a bit bleak when the power shortage kicks in.
America may have contributed more than it's fair share towards Pakistan, but it failed to address the real issues such as the energy sector. A civil nuclear venture would go along way in reaching out to the common citizen and putting off the sentiments.

Indeed, since economical growth is order of the day, such projects is what counts on ground reality.
This is where China takes the honours..... Don't give them the Fish, but teach them how to catch one. !!

That shouldn't be a problem for present govt... considering their good relations with miss Clinton.

After this five year long service, an equal capacity solar power plant in Islamabad, is a done deal.

India should stop buying USA weapons if USA will fund this dam in kashmir.

Exact same reason, why India should move away from NAM to join USA to be aggessive back to China.

mate you seem to contradict yourself in theses posts. you cant have us stopping purchases and also wholeheartedly embracing them at the same time.

ADB had joined in on the funding.....would this be directly through one of the development agencies or directly on behalf of US govt (hypothetically)

the timing is odd though; with their domestic financial/fiscal issues, it will be hard to sell this idea to their increasingly-hostile congress of kangaroos

dams is always a political issue; the largest hindrances to such projects comes domestically. However I am in favour of them. I think if the project goes through, the nation would see huge benefits.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Hey can anyone tell me how serious the dispute is b/w India and Pakistan over the issue of bhasha dam?

they are building dams and limiting our water; so we should damn care about their sensitivities if they dont heed to ours

a purely Pakistan-centric approach is required. Nations interest first.

Back
Top Bottom