What's new

US breathes life into a new cold war

Well, China has a far more overwhelming force in the past, but in the past thousands of years, not altogether, but it is rare to take the initiative to attack.

Actually in the current situation, they are too dependent on China and it is increasing everyday.

Many Pakistanis tend to become possessive about countries they think are their friends. This possessiveness can assume ridiculous proportions at times.

Earlier it was with Arabs where they thought they can be the only bridge between Arabs and the West, managing their money through BCCI etc. Now it is the same with China.

The same happened when Indo-US relations started improving earlier. Some things just never change.

Hey, not too much.

Not really. It was just trying to see where the person is coming from. I think I am not too far off.

Sino-India good relations scare off some for obvious reasons.

Ah, I see we are off into personal attacks and repeating previous claims ad nauseum to somehow make them more valid.

Just like every East Asian country is apprehensive of China and is courting USA?

Large countries tend to have that effect on the smaller neighbors, especially prickly ones.

Another Indian singing the virtues of US involvement in Asia.

Chalk another nail in the coffin for that 'Asian unity' against the west.

Too simplistic. There is no play, just interests.

China is using the smaller countries to its ends. It may realize that cooperation with India is a batter long term strategy.

Sure. When India deals with the West, it is playing smart.
When south Asian countries deal with China, they are being used by China.

Perhaps this condescension is the very reason India is not liked by its smaller neighbors.

Actually in the current situation, they are too dependent on China and it is increasing everyday.

Many Pakistanis tend to become possessive about countries they think are their friends. This possessiveness can assume ridiculous proportions at times.

Earlier it was with Arabs where they thought they can be the only bridge between Arabs and the West, managing their money through BCCI etc. Now it is the same with China.

The same happened when Indo-US relations started improving earlier. Some things just never change.

Exhibit A.

The India troll brigade reponding to itself....

It is this Indian tendency to attack any thread as a mob and further each other's agenda by building up on each other's posts is the reason Indians have a reputation for lowering the quality of threads.

That depends on how to use, so far, China's military strength to deter a number of old players. We do more to help developing countries, it is beyond doubt, it is not feasible to follow a road of plunder, Chinese road for trade, so we are willing to help developing countries develop economy, which will also allow us to get more trade opportunities. In addition to developing and developed countries also have big interest from China. Therefore, the rise of China, which is a real positive for most countries, but might upset some top biotechnology, China does not need to use force in almost all countries, particularly developing countries. But some necessary force to deter few countrys must be need, of course, it is still just deterrence, not necessarily used.

Friends, you probably forgot. For thousands of years, China is a order of defenders, not predators in Asia

Yes, but with all the best intentions, sometimes you have no choice.

As China rises and the scarcity of resources becomes more acute, other countries may not play nice. And they would not always attack China directly. It would be through proxies in China's neighborhood. Countries with terrirorial disputes may suddenly get more assertive, forcing China to respond.

Ah, I see we are off into personal attacks and repeating previous claims ad nauseum to somehow make them more valid.

Its not personal attacks! I am talking of your views as a Pakistani and why that would make one paranoid about Asian co-operation (especially if that involves improving Indo-Sino ties).

Another Indian singing the virtues of US involvement in Asia.

Chalk another nail in the coffin for that \'Asian unity\' against the west.

You are not able to differentiate facts from \"singing the virtues\".

I know that, it is getting increasingly desperate. ;)

Sure. When India deals with the West, it is playing smart.
When south Asian countries deal with China, they are being used by China.

Perhaps this condescension is the very reason India is not liked by its smaller neighbors.

When USA India relations improve, it is all about containing China for you! Isn\'t it?

Anyway, you need to see the things from a particular lens.I have seen that for long and no surprises there.

Exhibit A.

The India troll brigade reponding to itself....

It is this Indian tendency to attack any thread as a mob and further each other\'s agenda by building up on each other\'s posts is the reason Indians have a reputation for lowering the quality of threads.

Another masterpiece of hallucination you are so famous for.

When USA India relations improve, it is all about containing China for you! Isn\'t it?

It is not me, but you Indians who claimed that countries look to the US to counter China's rise in Asia.

Yes, but with all the best intentions, sometimes you have no choice.

As China rises and the scarcity of resources becomes more acute, other countries may not play nice. And they would not always attack China directly. It would be through proxies in China's neighborhood. Countries with terrirorial disputes may suddenly get more assertive, forcing China to respond.

Well, no road is easy, needless to say, the rise of China is a major event. Just do not simply assumethe future, I hope can control the situation let it be all right, first need to work, rather than the self-prophecy.

Its not personal attacks! I am talking of your views as a Pakistani and why that would make one paranoid about Asian co-operation (especially if that involves improving Indo-Sino ties).

On the contrary, we are all for cooperation within Asia.

But Indians view any cooperation with China as a threat to their local hegemony and accuse China of 'using' the countries. India's view seems to be that only India should have good relations with China -- none of its neighbors should.

It is India which is the greatest obstacle to cooperation within Asia.

Ah Vinod and Developero at it again I see. I missed these threads. :D

the article is awesome.

i hope India gets as much gas as possible from Russia , if our manufacturing policy is to be successful.

Indian economy needs massive energy especially industrial sector. i want no load shading in India.

Back
Top Bottom