What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

To be honest, even if Pakistan maintained ties with Israel, I don't think Israel would be much different than France or Germany when it comes to supplying Pakistan. In other words, bigger commercial opportunities in India would likely sway the Israelis to be pragmatic and skip Pakistan as a market. If not India, then U.S. pressure could be a factor as well. Pakistan has unique geo-political challenges at this time relating to China's growth and, in turn, the U.S.' desire to contain China, which necessitates India and - conversely - punishes Pakistan.
One input I will part here, the entrepreneur skill of Isreali defence industry (many players within this market) will leave many surprised; note by this I mean private players apart from state industries which is what makes them stand out.

J-10 is impossible now and J-11 is unlikely due to license issue. An aircraft that can give PAF a lead from IAF can be a 5th gen aircraft like J-31. Still, at some stage F-16 has to be retired or replaced so an aircraft which has formidable capabilities in future is either EF or SU-35 with significant technology leap.

Even if EF is pricey, PAF can start inducting it in small numbers like 12 per squadron, starting from 24 making 2 squadrons and increase a squadron every 5 years. No one knows about budgetary situation of future but a first step has to be taken. SU-30 is flown by IAF so getting a similar aircraft like SU-35 might not be the best decision.

Against the likes of Rafale and SU30, PAF needs a suitable adversary aircraft. Even after inducting J-10B ,PAF would need another aircraft which can give a hard time to the enemy. J-10B may have modern gadgets but it will not be able to give IAF a hard time that an EF can certainly give followed by a 5th gen.

Suppose PAF can spend $5 Bn, its better to spend it on the best available aircraft out there, rather than losing it on J-10B and still needing another aircraft.
Sir European/Western jets capabilities are more or less available but no one has so far able to get accurate capabilities regarding J10b or other modern fighters developed by China. One cannot comment about true capabilities or shortcomings of a Chinese modern jets accurately.

On the other hand no doubt EF is a capable jet but considering Pak financial constraints it may be predicted that it is almost impossible for Pak to get latest block of EF, meanwhile older versions of EF cannot provide PAF any edge against up coming IAF Rafael with AESA.

In case of J10b PAF has liberty to arm it with any type of gadgets and western techs at par with that of Rafael.

One input I will part here, the entrepreneur skill of Isreali defence industry (many players within this market) will leave many surprised; note by this I mean private players apart from state industries which is what makes them stand out.

Funny thing is we already indirectly getting required products from Israel though indirectly, as many have already explained impact of Levi project on JF17. Moreover China has got direct cooperation with Israelis for developing modern techs and in the end we are getting these techs from China. No doubt Israelis are even advanced then USA in some areas like APS for Mbts and jet related techs.

Jf17 block 3 will be a better aircraft than the earlier f16 that Jordon was trying to sell. Yes spares may be an issue but by now I am sure Pakistanis will be reverse engineering some of the spares as if they can manage to put together an almost lost AWACS having been declared destroyed by Saab they can make spares

Jf17 block 3 will be a better aircraft than the earlier f16 that Jordon was trying to sell. Yes spares may be an issue but by now I am sure Pakistanis will be reverse engineering some of the spares as if they can manage to put together an almost lost AWACS having been declared destroyed by Saab they can make spares

Can US block transfer of Venezuelan F-16's to PAF?

Can US block transfer of Venezuelan F-16's to PAF?

Yes. US can block all transfers of F-16s. Countries need permissions to sell to other countries, for obvious reasons. You don't want F-16s to fall into enemy countries.

So far US is blocking transfers to Pakistan, but this can change if relations between the two improve. US is using F-16 transfers as leverage.

Yes. US can block all transfers of F-16s. Countries need permissions to sell to other countries, for obvious reasons. You don't want F-16s to fall into enemy countries.

So far US is blocking transfers to Pakistan, but this can change if relations between the two improve. US is using F-16 transfers as leverage.

Technically all countries require it even French or other but they may not be Anal about it, it keeps their products going ..

Last edited:

Venezuela is different, Chavez threatened to sell Venezuelan F-16's to Iran. 24 were bought and maybe 21 are in active service, spare parts are a problem and embargo is in place. Thats why Venezuelan AF bought SU-30.

http://www.f-16.net/f-16-news-article1816.html

You put it perfectly. They are not being transferred because Pakistan is about to become an enemy.

I hope PAF shows some self-respect here. Air Force Chief is talking about hitting US dragons while PAF wats tho buy their f* airplanes?

Pakistani politicians are known tho sell their souls to foreigners cheap. I hope PAF realises that and doesn't adds itself tho the list.

:drag: We over us of a , this relationship is over
Stop with the gifts I won't come back to you

Well, we don't want it to be over. We should take free stuff as long as there is NO strings attached. We want to improve our relationship with all countries including America and India but not on THEIR terms.
We need to be independent, need to focus on our on interest, not the interest of America, Russia, china or Arab countries.

That's why we need a institution of foreign relations in Pakistan that focuses on foreign affairs and economy.

3b2.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom