What's new

US blocked transfer of Jordanian F-16s to Pakistan

After listening to his interview; i must say what has he been doing for the past several years. This kind of engagement was required for a long while. At this stage, i would not worry much. Mr Trump is unravelling Iranian deal if North Korea was not enough, we will see further multi-facet issues US will need to deal with. Tillerson is right, the man is a moron of nth class....
My 2cents; work with TAI to understand complete engineering behind F-16s so that serviceability and self maintenance is not an issue. India has successed in routing off with their *** kissing mentality - no offence it is a common trait i see with them.
JF-17 is well into flight; very likely with block 3, things will change and especially if Denel upgrades make their way in; I see it a blessing in disguise to focus now on Block 4 & 5.
We learnt a long time ago to never trust US, if this cannot be said by Pak leadership then they are nothing more like an ostrich roaming around in the kalahari.
Pakistan didn't have a Foreign Minister over the last few years, literally.

After listening to his interview; i must say what has he been doing for the past several years. This kind of engagement was required for a long while. At this stage, i would not worry much. Mr Trump is unravelling Iranian deal if North Korea was not enough, we will see further multi-facet issues US will need to deal with. Tillerson is right, the man is a moron of nth class....
My 2cents; work with TAI to understand complete engineering behind F-16s so that serviceability and self maintenance is not an issue. India has successed in routing off with their *** kissing mentality - no offence it is a common trait i see with them.
JF-17 is well into flight; very likely with block 3, things will change and especially if Denel upgrades make their way in; I see it a blessing in disguise to focus now on Block 4 & 5.
We learnt a long time ago to never trust US, if this cannot be said by Pak leadership then they are nothing more like an ostrich roaming around in the kalahari.
it was pretty much clear USA will not allow used f-16s, i mean used f-16s are very cheap allowing them to Pakistan is going to piss out India and even American companies are lot more

what this shows that it would be a suicide to buy new f-16s or any new US equipment including the Zulus
not that USA will block the sales it won't but that we dont enjoy NATO/major ally status any more

i doubt we even need the f-16 in presence of AESA thunder
diversity is good but cost is not worth it

The AH-1Z arrival or absence will not do anything to the capabilities of the Pakistani Army. Similar capabilities can be found elsewhere in Turkey and Russia. Anyways, 11 pieces are nothing. So nothing to worry here. But they will arrive. The Americans will maintain minimum connections and the AH-1Z is one way to do that. Despite the threats, they won’t do much unless they find a better access to Afghanistan. This is not happening. Only reason why your country is addressed in the sort of degrading and extremely humiliating language is because your politicians have set a very horrible precedence. Not only was someone like Haqqani made an ambassador but he’s never been held accountable. Your establishment bears as much responsibility.

Unless, Pakistani politicians stop being treasonous and its best minds quit taking hostile stands against their country’s own core interests, others will simply piggyback on these narratives. Pakistan needs to get its house in order and that starts with sorting out hostile voices in the media and its politics. There are no two ways about this.

Curious.

You mean more autocracy? Get someone in a security agency to make a call to offending journalists or their editors? Send someone to their door at midnight to ask a few civil questions? Form a tribunal for media complliance, and fine those not compliant? Close down the channel?

A blessing in disguise. Go get some J-10bs from China then.

Did someone mention that these can't be sold to Pakistan (or any third country)?

Curious.

You mean more autocracy? Get someone in a security agency to make a call to offending journalists or their editors? Send someone to their door at midnight to ask a few civil questions? Form a tribunal for media complliance, and fine those not compliant? Close down the channel?

Did someone mention that these can't be sold to Pakistan (or any third country)?

Not necessarily. Every state has certain coercive tools to ensure internal subversion is addressed.

If there was no democracy in Pakistan.... Pakistan would be economically and politicaly more strong.
Jordanian F-16s would not have been blocked.

Generals in Pakistan have proven to be equally moronic. Don’t forget ZAB spent years just trying to make the military take the nuclear program a serious. Some of their objections were quite hilarious.Truth is Pakistan needs its politics to be run by professionals that don’t militate too far off from its national interests. The current setup where democracy is basically a family run business affair won’t cut anymore. The judiciary has an opportunity to clean things up. The military tried at various points and simply ended up nurturing and entrenching this democracy as family business culture creating a false choice btween dictatorship and the family business of the Sharifs and the Bhuttos. A third force needs to be assisted by any means necessary.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Every state has certain coercive tools to ensure internal subversion is addressed.

Generals in Pakistan have proven to be equally moronic. Don’t forget ZAB spent years just trying to take nuclear program a serious. Some of their objections were quite hilarious.Truth is Pakistan needs its politics to be run by professionals that don’t militate too far off from its national interests. The current setup where democracy is basically a family run business affair won’t cut anymore. The judiciary has an opportunity to clean things up. The military tried at various points and simply ended up nurturing and entrenching this democracy as family business culture creating a false choice btween dictatorship and the family business of the Sharifs and the Bhuttos. A third force needs to be assisted by any means necessary.

LOL.
This is not the language of an American with no previous connections to Pakistan.

LOL.
This is not the language of an American with no previous connections to Pakistan.

I can tell you 100% I am not Pakistani nor do I have any connections there. Commenting purely as an outsider.

Why would you say that? Specifically on what qualitative basis there is “no match” (not saying that they are equal)

In terms of qualitative performance of the aircraft. F-16 has operated in different theatres, has a proven track record and is used by various countries. More than 5000 F-16s have been built in different versions.

Now compare JF-17. May be around 200 built. Not even. No foreign customers. Still PAF is working on version that can carry out precision strikes. In performance parameters, JF-17 might be at or just below par F-16 but in terms of proven track record, it has nothing to show.

Thats why!

Curious.

Who said J-10bs cannot be sold to Pakistan?

Who said J-10bs cannot be sold to Pakistan?

We just moved the World Court, citing Pakistan's role as a terrorist harbouring nation, and the very bad ways of Pakistani netizens in provoking peaceful neighbouring countries with misleading graphics mashing together ethnicity, linguistics and genetic descent.

You are now road-kill.

He did, very clearly. watch the last 5/10 minutes.

No he didn't say that. The person asking the question mentioned the F-16s and Khawaja Asif only responded to his question. He only re-iterated the narrative that F-16s proved useful in WoT and we used them without collateral damage.

We just moved the World Court, citing Pakistan's role as a terrorist harbouring nation, and the very bad ways of Pakistani netizens in provoking peaceful neighbouring countries with misleading graphics mashing together ethnicity, linguistics and genetic descent.

You are now road-kill.
And you're terrorist sponsoring country , you're killing your own countrymen in various part your country, stop spreading and sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan through Iran, Afghanistan, you forget terrorist head kulbhusan yadev, your country and religion believe in terrorism, deception and lies, in your country no minorities are save except the higher cast Hindu, you have a history of interfere to all your neighboring countries with terrorism, who interfering in Tibet bloody India, who created mukti bahni in 71 bloody India, who created Tamil tigers to destabilize srilanka, who supported killing of Burmese Muslims bloody India, you're the biggest terrorist nation on the face of earth:blah::blah:

And you're terrorist sponsoring country , you're killing your own countrymen in various part your country, stop spreading and sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan through Iran, Afghanistan, you forget terrorist head kulbhusan yadev, your country and religion believe in terrorism, deception and lies, in your country no minorities are save except the higher cast Hindu, you have a history of interfere to all your neighboring countries with terrorism, who interfering in Tibet bloody India, who created mukti bahni in 71 bloody India, who created Tamil tigers to destabilize srilanka, who supported killing of Burmese Muslims bloody India, you're the biggest terrorist nation on the face of earth:blah::blah:

Your emoticons were sufficient, the rest was unnecessary.

It is no fun when members who respond to one's posts are humourless clods.

In terms of qualitative performance of the aircraft. F-16 has operated in different theatres, has a proven track record and is used by various countries. More than 5000 F-16s have been built in different versions.

Now compare JF-17. May be around 200 built. Not even. No foreign customers. Still PAF is working on version that can carry out precision strikes. In performance parameters, JF-17 might be at or just below par F-16 but in terms of proven track record, it has nothing to show.

Thats why!
None of it pertains to performance
Apples or oranges

You are now road-kill.
The effectiveness of all these is moot

Is that cost more than the objective itself?

Every system has a life, there is an expiry for every "great" system, if not today, then tomorrow. F-16 had to see that day sooner or later. Anyone interested / involved in the filed knows that and preps for that in advance. Every one knows that you can't replace a well established "main" system overnight, that is why it should be planned and executed in phases just like we did with Thunders to replace tier 2 fighters and that is exactly we should have done with tier one replacement too.

Only the last paragraph matters

To answer that, try calculating the cost of inducting a different weapon system with all the associated training, ecosysem and force integration costs versus something you have been flying for 30 years and know every atom of it

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom