What's new

US Army major kills 12 in shooting rampage

I bet you are the same kind of person that gets outraged every time an american soldier killes a civlian but dont have any problem with a bomber takeing out a bus load of kids resturant or a market

Please browse through my 4000+ post and then open your mouth.

I have never supported any suicide attacks. Its not permitted in Islam.

We have your kind here in Canada, they are called "wanna bees". They try so hard to "fit in".

You can dye you hair blond, get piercings, get tattoo, start playing guitar , send your mom/sister/daughter on dates, but they will never accept you for who you are, for they hate Islam & Muslims inside (media brain washing), but cannot express it publically.

The time will come when they will openly, call for annihilation of Islam/Muslim. Just make sure when Dajjal (anti christ) comes, you are not on the wrong side.

I expect you are going to get what you deserve.

love internet E thugs, like you.

are you the one on right or left?

171c60ad52898223d936639f9f057d6c.jpg

Last edited:
I have come across some very interesting views… some defending the actions and others suggesting a more civilized way for the expression of ones discomfort and disagreement.

Yes some of my American friends did get offended when I said:
“The blade of American Policies cutting its own throat”
But having said that I do not defend the actions of the Officer who did something unacceptable.

In my opinion if the officer had such hatred towards the American policies he should have never joined the army in the first place and if he did after all he should have resigned and joined some anti-American organization and if all the efforts towards resigning had exhausted he should have killed himself and left a note stating his concerns. Yes the American policies of aggression have not made the world a safer place for anyone not even the American soldiers on its own soil but Two wrongs don’t make one right.

But was it all that simple? One major not too happy with his job just feels it more then he can take and goes around on a killing spree?

Read in one of the posts that there were two suspects initially but they have been released after questioning.

12 people killed and another 30 injured, meaning “minimum” 42 rounds fired, now anyone who has any experience of Fire Arms would understand that you would need to fire a lot more rounds to inflict a damage of this scale.

So was it the work of one psychiatrist with two semi-automatic 9mm pistols? Or was he carrying some other weapons? I have no clue so if anyone has any information on this please share…..

"This man probably saved couple of Iraqis/Afghanis from Murder, Rape and Torture..."

Who knows how many more lives, American/Iraqis/Afghans he might have saved by performing his duties in Iraq as a medical corps officer and mental health provider?

Who knows how many Japanise saved American Soilders in WW2
or How many Nazi saved JEws as a medical corps officer and mental health provider?

Get the picture ?
Post Quoted is kind of absurd.

Last edited:
12 people killed and another 30 injured, meaning “minimum” 42 rounds fired, now anyone who has any experience of Fire Arms would understand that you would need to fire a lot more rounds to inflict a damage of this scale.
I take it YOU would not be part of that 'anyone'? Consider the environment of the shooting -- crowded. I can empty my Steyr M40, reload with a second magazine and empty that as well in less than a minute. Do not take what popular entertainment put out in those shoot'em-up movies. Those who are shot do not die immediately but quite often from rapid blood loss in the chaos. That mean Nidal does not have to even aim, just spray and in a crowd he will kill some.

I take it YOU would not be part of that 'anyone'? Consider the environment of the shooting -- crowded. I can empty my Steyr M40, reload with a second magazine and empty that as well in less than a minute. Do not take what popular entertainment put out in those shoot'em-up movies. Those who are shot do not die immediately but quite often from rapid blood loss in the chaos. That mean Nidal does not have to even aim, just spray and in a crowd he will kill some.

Now I don't understand that why do you people get offended so easily ?
That was a simple question... Do u have any information about the weapon he was using ? I'm not looking for speculations... I know exactly how fire arms work and yeah not by killing innocent people.

Cheers

Now I don't understand that why do you people get offended so easily ?
That was a simple question... Do u have any information about the weapon he was using ? I'm not looking for speculations... I know exactly how fire arms work and yeah not by killing innocent people.

Cheers
My apology if you perceived I was 'offended'. Not at all. I answered bluntly. Keep in mind that former US President Ronald Reagan was nearly killed by a .22 caliber bullet and supposedly that was a ricochet. So while the caliber of the bullet is important, what is really important is where on the torso is the hit, how serious is the wound and how quickly can the victim be treated. For Reagan, even though they got him quickly enough to the hospital, he nearly died. So for Nidal, any weapon he used can do a lot of killing in a crowd.

Get the picture ?
Post Quoted is kind of absurd.

No. I don't. Care to amplify how a mental health care provider becoming a murderer helps anybody?

I'm certain that I'd be banned here for applauding the actions of wanton slaughter in Pakistan. Do you and A. RAHMAN applaud Major Hasan's actions?

That's a simple and straightforward question requiring only a "yes" or "no".

I look forward to reading your view.

Actually, save it. I don't care and you've gone to "IGNORE".

Last edited:
I feel sad for the families of the fallen and I hope lessons are learned not only by the US but forces around the world.

To me, it is a case of human being taking extreme actions when he felt that his own organization is not listening to him.

Major Nidal should have thought about all the circumstances before joining the US armed forces. At the same time I blame the officers of Major Nidal, who knew about his point of view and who gave him a bad review and who knew well that he is trying to get out of the armed forces.

He should have been released with a bad review.

According to some reports, friendly fire was also cause of deaths and injuries which explains the extent of such demage.

All muslims should be fundamentalist , to follow teaching of your religion is positive and healthy indication .

There is possibility ,Major Hasan was facing racial harasment from fellow soldiers because he is Palestinian American, in reaction he committed this crime.

What the Hell are you smoking? are you seriously advocating Fundamentalism?? The scourge that haunts every single province of Pakistan? And yeah, most arab-americans are christian, and Major Hasan was an army medic which means that most his colleagues were probably somewhat educated, which therefore implies that racism is probably out of the question. Not to mention that he did this for jihad, and for Islam. the Islam that you are advocating, the one of fundamentalism, extremism, and savagery.

At the same time I blame the officers of Major Nidal, who knew about his point of view and who gave him a bad review and who knew well that he is trying to get out of the armed forces.
No...You cannot. Performance reviews are done by the commander and if his religion got in the way of his duties as a psychiatrist, someone who pokes around in people's minds, then a poor or even negative performance review is deserved. You cannot or should not avoid a negative opinion just for fear that person will react in a violent manner.

He should have been released with a bad review.
No he should not have. He made a commitment and he should be held accountable. The US Army paid for his education and promoted him to higher ranks when the Army felt he deserved them. The Army kept its end of the bargain.

According to some reports, friendly fire was also cause of deaths and injuries which explains the extent of such demage.
And those reports have been dismissed. Despite what you may think, US Army bases do not have armed troopers walking around all the time. The shootout was between Hasan and a civilian policewoman.

"The shootout was between Hasan and a civilian policewoman."

This is correct. She is the only law enforcement officer who discharged a weapon.

Put four rounds in him while wounded herself. An absolute hero.

There is TOO MUCH rationalizing by muslims on this board-most of whom don't live in America.

None have yet explained what millions of muslims are doing freely CHOOSING to live in this racist, bigoted, anti-muslim society. None have yet explained how over 10,000 muslims CHOOSE to serve in an all-volunteer armed force that's engaged in combat on the soil of two muslim countries.

None have explained how so many of those fine soldiers-women and men-have performed their duties in such an exemplary manner, starkly contrasting this miserable excuse for an officer and a health care provider.

No.

What, instead, I've seen is a litany of rationalizations, justifications, and even (sickeningly) applause for Major Hasan's evil-inspired choice to murder his brother and sister soldiers. You are weak souls that engage in such and I applaud the fine words here of those who recognize Major Hasan's actions as ignoble and worthy of contempt.

For the rest of you sad souls, you've nothing but my disdain.

Thanks.:usflag:

What the Hell are you smoking? are you seriously advocating Fundamentalism?? The scourge that haunts every single province of Pakistan? And yeah, most arab-americans are christian, and Major Hasan was an army medic which means that most his colleagues were probably somewhat educated, which therefore implies that racism is probably out of the question. Not to mention that he did this for jihad, and for Islam. the Islam that you are advocating, the one of fundamentalism, extremism, and savagery.

Non sense,

Every religion emphesis to follow the fundamentals and true follower is known as fundamentalist.
Extremisim and terrorism are resultant of ignorance and blindness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a Muslim, a citizen, and formally in contract with the US army, Nidal was bound to follow the laws of the country and army. whatever he did is a crime. he killed innocent people and that should be condemned. there is nothing convincing that could absolve him from his crime. and all those who praise him is because of their blind hate for America. you may hate america but it does not justify what nidal did esp when he is the citizen of the country and is in contract with US army.
he did not kill only innocent people but also tarnished the image of islam.
RIP the fallen soldiers.

A coward and sick person. He was sane, so he will be charged as such, but his level of sanity can be better described as insanity. A traitor who didn't put his country first. May you get what you deserve.

:usflag:

US Muslims face backlash

A few days ago, Major Nidal Malik Hasan went on a shooting spree at Fort Hood, a US army base in Texas, leaving 13 dead and 28 wounded. Immediately after the media broadcast Hasan’s name, American Muslims braced themselves for a backlash, similar to the witch-hunts they endured in the months after 9/11.

In the coming days, the Obama administration and the US military will investigate the major’s individual motivations for opening fire on his colleagues. But what needs to be addressed more urgently is the widespread feeling of insecurity that plagues American Muslims.

Acknowledging the Muslim community’s anxieties, US President Barack Obama called for calm responses to Fort Hood and urged Americans not to jump to conclusions; implicitly, he was asking his countrymen not to assume that Hasan’s violent outburst was religiously motivated. Previously, too, Obama has stepped up on behalf of American Muslims: in his historic Cairo speech addressing the Muslim world, he acknowledged that Muslims have enriched the US by serving in the military and government, contributing to the economy, defending civil rights and winning Nobel Prizes.

Despite Obama’s calls for restraint, a narrative that links Hasan’s faith to his violent actions quickly emerged. The day after the attack, an article in The New York Times described the mosque where Hasan began attending prayers two months ago. CCTV footage showing the major in a prayer cap hours before the shooting has been widely circulated. The disclosure by Lt-Gen Robert Cone, the commander at Fort Hood, that Hasan shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ before opening fire has made headlines. And right-wing websites have been playing up the fact that Hasan distributed copies of the Quran before the attack.

The emphasis on Hasan’s Islamic behaviour leading up to the attack has overshadowed other possible explanations. These include his imminent deployment to Afghanistan; his complaints about being harassed for his religious and ethnic background; and his sustained exposure to soldiers suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.

As Hasan’s faith overshadowed other factors, the American public aired its suspicions about the local Muslim community. US representative Michael McCaul from Texas described the attack as an ‘act of terror’. The right-wing news website WorldNetDaily alleged that Hasan was ‘the tip of a jihadist Fifth Column operating within the ranks of the US military’.

The frenzy reached such heights that the Los Angeles-based Muslim Public Affairs Council urged Muslims to reach out to law-enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of their homes, mosques, and businesses.

Reactions to Fort Hood serve as a reminder that the US mainstream still believes that Islam is incompatible with what America stands for. Eight years after 9/11, six in 10 Americans acknowledge that Muslims face more discrimination than other religious and ethnic groups, according to a September 2009 Pew poll. In fact, only gays and lesbians are said to face more discrimination than Muslims.

There are several reasons for this unrelenting distrust. Arrests of Muslims charged with plotting terror attacks have made Americans nervous about the ‘threat within.’ In September, Najibullah Zazi, originally from Afghanistan, was apprehended in Aurora, a small town in Colorado, with a bomb recipe on his laptop and a trip to Pakistan for training in terrorist camps on his record. After Zazi’s arrest, Aurora’s mayor Ed Tauer said, ‘the lesson is that even if you don’t see yourself as one of those high-visibility targets, you can wake up to find a terrorist down the block.’

The panic at having a ‘terrorist down the block’ is compounded by a fear of Muslims snatching unprecedented political power in the US. According to a Pew poll, up to 12 per cent of Americans still believe that their president is a Muslim. This misperception has been fuelled by the ongoing ‘birther’ movement, an initiative spearheaded by right-wing theorists who contest that Obama was not born in the US, and is therefore not eligible to hold the office of president.

Muslims in the US military are trusted even less than their civilian counterparts. The fact that the US is currently at war in two Muslim countries leads many in the armed forces to believe that the loyalties of American Muslims must be divided between their nation and faith. Consequently, allegations about Islamic extremists infiltrating the US military are increasingly common.

Interestingly, misgivings about Muslims in the US military are a legacy of the first Gulf War. At the time, Saudi clerics were invited to lecture troops about Islam, and up to 3,000 soldiers are said to have converted, resulting in the biggest surge of Muslims in the armed forces. Since then, military higher-ups have been anxious about foreign influence over US troops.

Sadly, such concerns undermine the service of over 20,000 Muslims currently in the US military. Hours after the Fort Hood shooting, conservative commentators on Fox News were calling for special debriefings and screenings of Muslim soldiers.

Unfortunately, no matter what the outcome of investigations, Hasan’s shooting spree will amplify concerns about American Muslims. Since this community is the first point of contact between the US and the Muslim world — after all, Muslim immigrants maintain ties to their home countries — the US government should prioritise strengthening relations between Muslims and the communities they inhabit across America.

As a start, the Obama administration can launch public awareness campaigns that address the widely held belief that Islam is alien to ‘Americanness.’ After all, a March 2009 Gallup poll showed that the American Muslim community is the most racially diverse religious group in the US. If that spirit of inclusiveness is not American, I’m not sure what is.

DAWN.COM | Columnists | US Muslims face backlash

Back
Top Bottom