US Army major kills 12 in shooting rampage

MastanKhan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Breaking news:-----

14 mins ago
WASHINGTON – The Army says seven people were killed and 20 wounded in a pair of shootings at the Fort Hood Army base in Texas. An Army spokesman at the Pentagon says the shootings began about 1:30 p.m. Thursday at a personnel and medical processing center at Fort Hood.

The spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Nathan Banks, says two shooters were apparently involved. There is no word yet on who they were, nor on identities of the dead.

Banks says the second incident took place at a theater on the sprawling base.

He says it is too soon to tell whether there is any link to battle stress or repeated deployments. The Army is suffering a record high suicide rate and other signs of stress from fighting two wars.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) — The U.S. Army has closed its massive Army base at Fort Hood, Texas, amid reports that several people have been shot and killed at the post.

The Web site of the base in central Texas has posted an alert that says, "Effective immediately Fort Hood is closed." The Web site said that units at the base have been ordered to account for all personnel.

The site says, "This is not a Drill. It is an Emergency Situation."

Several television stations in Texas say several people were both killed and wounded in the shooting. Officials at the base and in the nearby town of Killeen, Texas, have not confirmed those accounts.

Fort Hood is located halfway between Austin and Waco.

Fort Hood is the home of the Armoured Corps and the Biggest Amercian Military Base in the World.

:Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nine dead confirmed.

CNN is reporting 12 dead. That's 12 families that wont ever be the same again. Truly a sad, sad incident. :( My condolences to the families and may god give them courage to cope with the loss of their loved ones.

Twelve confirmed dead from the Base commander per MSNBC.

The loss of lives is saddening for everyone....But "you reap what you sow"

It seems the blade of your policies is cutting your own throat

Perhaps those that have dificulties with american policies might save that for another thread but instead remember the sympathy and support expressed by the americans during the attack on your own GHQ.

My sympathies for the fallen and their families.

The loss of lives is saddening for everyone....But "you reap what you sow"

It seems the blade of your policies is cutting your own throat

As could be said for all those innocents in your country killed by the TTP?

All my condolences who died in the incident but I m sure uncle sam now deciding which country to blame that's why until now nothing has came up oh iran came in my mind :argh:

Prime Suspect An Army Officer-ABC News

"The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

The shooter was killed and two other suspects, who are also soldiers, have been apprehended, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone said.

The gunman used two handguns, Cone said. He wasn't sure if the shooter reloaded the weapons during the attack."

Speaks for itself. Two others have been apprehended so we'll know the full story soon enough.

Last edited:
12 People Killed and 31 Wounded in Fort Hood Shooting
Twelve people have been killed and 31 wounded in a shooting spree at a Texas military base in a murderous rampage that officials believe was carried out by an Army officer.

The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Malik Nadal Hasan.

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, R-Texas, told Fox News that military sources informed her that the gunman was about to be deployed to Iraq.

The shooter was killed and two other suspects, who are also soldiers, have been apprehended, Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone said.

The general said there were "eyewitness accounts of more than one shooter," and the others were tracked to an adjacent facility.

Cone called the attack "a terrible tragedy, stunning." He said the community was "absolutely devastated."

President Obama called the Fort Hood shootings a "horrific outburst of violence."

"It if difficult enough to lose" soldiers overseas, but said it is "horrifying that they should lose their lives at an Army base in the U.S.," he said.

Edit: S-2 got it first!
RIP to the soldiers

As could be said for all those innocents in your country killed by the TTP?

First of all i want to make it clear to everyone that no one is celebrating the loss of lives. My condolences are with the effected families

one should not get personal .... And every person is entitled to his/her view/opinions... i suppose that is the whole purpose of a forum.... telling someone to piss off will earn u the same and make your intolerance obvious.

WASHINGTON: Armed gunmen Thursday killed 12 people and wounded at least 31 others in a bloody rampage at Fort Hood military base in Texas, US officials and media said.

Both the Pentagon and local police confirmed to AFP that there had been a shooting, but could not give details on how many victims there were on the base in Killeen, in central Texas.

President Barack Obama had been informed of the shooting, a White House official said.

A suspect was in custody, Master Sergeant Tim Volkert at Fort Hood told AFP. ‘We're trying to confirm the exact numbers’ of dead and wounded, he said.

But a Killeen police department spokeswoman warned there were still suspects at large. ‘There has been a shooting at Fort Hood and all the suspects are not in custody at this time,’ she told AFP.

‘I know they have active shooters out there.’ She would not give any more details, but local and national media reported that 12 people had been killed and 31 others wounded.

MSNBC reported there were at least two shooters, with one in custody, adding there was speculation that there may be a third gunman.

One of the shooters at large was believed to have a high-powered sniper rifle, and was holed up in a building surrounded by SWAT teams, MSNBC said.

It was not immediately clear if it was an attack on the base, or whether the shootings were carried out by US soldiers.

Local congressman John Carter confirmed there had been a shooting at Fort Hood, the nation's largest US military base whose troops have seen extensive tours of duty in Iraq.

The gunfire had erupted ahead of a graduation ceremony in the soldier readiness center, Carter said, but could not confirm reports of injuries.

‘I had a man on the scene, who is my regional director and former chaplin at Fort Hood, waiting to go to a graduation ceremony when a soldier came running up to him saying, ‘sir, don't go over there. They are -- somebody is shooting over there,’ Carter told on MSNBC.

‘When the soldier ran by him, he saw the soldier didn't know it, but he was wounded. So, he went into the building and they stopped him, because he had been shot.

‘He heard small arms and some rifle fire while he was there and that he thought they had one person that they had caught but there may be more, he didn't know. He understood there was more than one, that was all he said.’ Fort Hood has been working to rehabilitate many soldiers suffering from post-traumatic stress syndrome, Carter added.

A message on Fort Hood's website -- the headquarters of the Army 3rd Corps, the 4th Infantry Division and the 1st Cavalry Division -- said it was closed, but gave no further details. All those units have seen extensive duty in Iraq.

‘Effective immediately. Fort Hood is closed. Organizations/units are instructed to execute a 100 percent accountability of all personnel. This is not a Drill. It is an Emergency Situation,’ the website.

Army personnel told a Fox news affiliate they were not sure if the victims were civilians or military personnel.

Schools in the area were also on lockdown, MSNBC said. – AFP.

Special forces soldiers with the US Army's 4th Infantry Division training in Fort Hood, Texas, in preparation for combat in urban areas in a possible war with Iraq. A US Army spokesman on November 5, 2009 confirmed a lethal shooting at the base. – Photo by AFP.

DAWN.COM | World | Texas military base shooting leaves 12 dead

apparently, the shooter was a US Marine.

(Major Malik Nadal Hasan)

:hitwall:

Guys, let's keep the pathetic and sarcastic remarks out of here. A little bit of decency won't hurt anyone.

Anyway, I'm shocked to hear this news. May the fallen ones rest in peace and the injured recover soon.

Back
Top Bottom