What's new

Urgent help needed from Indian members

yes, close to electronic city, thanks brother :tup: I will pass this info

yes, Devi shetty is celebrity here, almost everybody who are associated with heart patient knows him lol

Ok great, but check with hospital first regarding the travel help within city and what they suggest for reasonable accomodation...knowing Dr. Shetty and the numbers they are handling each day, they will definitely be having a good concierge/planning service for such instances....just like @Bang Galore is suggesting.

Its a good idea especially because the airport is quite far from this area and the area itself is a bit separated from the city....so a little help and advice from the hospital itself on what they suggest regarding accomodations, how much other expenses may be etc...

This family already have their visa and those such procedures done?

@BDforever

The hospital will have a coordinator who will deal with every patient from the time they come to Bangalore till they leave.

From the link posted earlier:

• International Patient Cell coordinates all the aspect relating to the patient and their relatives and attendant’s visit to the hospital, starting from the patient initial inquiries to managing medical consultation, hospital admission, hotel and travel arrangements and many more, the International Patient Cell is committed to making the visit of the patient and their relatives, attendant a comfortable and happy experience always trying to work a extra mile to make them feel at home.
  • Airport Pick up Facility (complimentary): NH is located 65 kms away from the airport, on arrival you will be received at the airport by our representative, and taken to hotel or hospital as per the admission plan, A coordinator is assigned to take care of all patients needs from the time he arrives till he leaves the hospital post treatment & also after.
  • Visa Extension Facility: Patient may require extending their visa depending on the course of the treatment. The International cell through its tie up with relevant authorities can assist in all visa related matters.
  • Currency Exchange Facility: International cell accepts all major Credit cards, there is facility for Currency exchange available within the hospital.
  • Places of interest: Tours and Travels: After completion of treatment the patient and relatives may feel the need to rejuvenate them. The International cell can make arrangement for tours and sightseeing.
    Bangalore
    1. Vidhana Soudha: One of the largest legislatures building in the country/Lal Bagh Gardens spread over 240 acres famous for flowers/Infant Jesus church –has devotees of all faiths flocking.
    2. Jumma masjid: The oldest mosque in the city /National Park.
      Mysore 100kms (90 mins drive from Bangalore).The most attractive royal palace Zoo/St.Philomena’s Cathedral.
    3. Languages
    4. Business Centre: To help our guests keep pace with a busy world from the hospital, the Business Center is available to patients, families and visitors to use free of charge. Located in the International Division Lounge, Business Center is available during normal visiting hours, 8am to 8pm. Two computers with access to the Internet, Printer, Scanner and Fax machine.
    5. Local Mobile SIM Cards will be provided on arrival to make international calls back home.
    6. Telemedicine consultations.
    7. There is Internet, STD/ ISDN facility within the hospital for the patient and relatives to keep in touch with near and dear ones back home. Also each ward is provided with a telephone.
    8. Cuisine: We do offer international food -Arabic (Halal served with utmost care in a cozy atmosphere.) Continental, African and Oriental
    9. Personalized care by nursing clinical and administrative staff.
    10. Personal dietician who will consult with the patient throughout the stay and advise F&B to serve food and beverages from a special International menu.
    11. Daily email updates to the referring doctors and the patient’s family.
    12. To make the patients feel at home, our staff celebrates birthdays, wedding anniversaries, festivals etc. The doctors, nurses, administrative and support staff also become a part of these celebrations we make you feel homely.
    13. Arabic Interpreter for patients from Middle East.

Ok great, but check with hospital first regarding the travel help within city and what they suggest for reasonable accomodation...knowing Dr. Shetty and the numbers they are handling each day, they will definitely be having a good concierge/planning service for such instances....just like @Bang Galore is suggesting.

Its a good idea especially because the airport is quite far from this area and the area itself is a bit separated from the city....so a little help and advice from the hospital itself on what they suggest regarding accomodations, how much other expenses may be etc...

This family already have their visa and those such procedures done?
not yet, On the process of visa. How long will it take from Airport to that hotel ? and from hotel to Narayan Heath ? travel cost ?
@BDforever

The hospital will have a coordinator who will deal with every patient from the time they come to Bangalore till they leave.

From the link posted earlier:

• International Patient Cell coordinates all the aspect relating to the patient and their relatives and attendant’s visit to the hospital, starting from the patient initial inquiries to managing medical consultation, hospital admission, hotel and travel arrangements and many more, the International Patient Cell is committed to making the visit of the patient and their relatives, attendant a comfortable and happy experience always trying to work a extra mile to make them feel at home.
  • Airport Pick up Facility (complimentary): NH is located 65 kms away from the airport, on arrival you will be received at the airport by our representative, and taken to hotel or hospital as per the admission plan, A coordinator is assigned to take care of all patients needs from the time he arrives till he leaves the hospital post treatment & also after.
  • Visa Extension Facility: Patient may require extending their visa depending on the course of the treatment. The International cell through its tie up with relevant authorities can assist in all visa related matters.
  • Currency Exchange Facility: International cell accepts all major Credit cards, there is facility for Currency exchange available within the hospital.
  • Places of interest: Tours and Travels: After completion of treatment the patient and relatives may feel the need to rejuvenate them. The International cell can make arrangement for tours and sightseeing.
    Bangalore
    1. Vidhana Soudha: One of the largest legislatures building in the country/Lal Bagh Gardens spread over 240 acres famous for flowers/Infant Jesus church –has devotees of all faiths flocking.
    2. Jumma masjid: The oldest mosque in the city /National Park.
      Mysore 100kms (90 mins drive from Bangalore).The most attractive royal palace Zoo/St.Philomena’s Cathedral.
    3. Languages
    4. Business Centre: To help our guests keep pace with a busy world from the hospital, the Business Center is available to patients, families and visitors to use free of charge. Located in the International Division Lounge, Business Center is available during normal visiting hours, 8am to 8pm. Two computers with access to the Internet, Printer, Scanner and Fax machine.
    5. Local Mobile SIM Cards will be provided on arrival to make international calls back home.
    6. Telemedicine consultations.
    7. There is Internet, STD/ ISDN facility within the hospital for the patient and relatives to keep in touch with near and dear ones back home. Also each ward is provided with a telephone.
    8. Cuisine: We do offer international food -Arabic (Halal served with utmost care in a cozy atmosphere.) Continental, African and Oriental
    9. Personalized care by nursing clinical and administrative staff.
    10. Personal dietician who will consult with the patient throughout the stay and advise F&B to serve food and beverages from a special International menu.
    11. Daily email updates to the referring doctors and the patient’s family.
    12. To make the patients feel at home, our staff celebrates birthdays, wedding anniversaries, festivals etc. The doctors, nurses, administrative and support staff also become a part of these celebrations we make you feel homely.
    13. Arabic Interpreter for patients from Middle East.
this is good help, thanks brother
@Nilgiri @Bang Galore , any Airline suggestion ?

Last edited:
How long will it take from Airport to that hotel ?

About 2 hours taxi trip I think. They put the airport really far away from the city to begin with o_O

and from hotel to Narayan Heath

This will be a few minutes by auto or similar. Most hotels in electronics city are within a couple kilometres of the hospital. There are tons of direct buses from electronics city to Narayana Hospital too..that will save on travel costs...it will be like a 5 or 10 minute bus ride at most using the main kanyakumari road. Bangalore Bus Route Search

I checked the hotel thats pretty much right inside the hospital complex (Hotel Narayana Yathri Residency) but they seem to be sold out for January (not surprising since its the highest convenience and probably overbooked for a long time).

travel cost ?

Hospital and hotel can better advise regarding this if family calls them and requests this info. My information is very outdated hehe.

My best wishes for the family. Hope the kid recovers soon, my friend. @BDforever, from Kol it will take around two and half hours to Bangalore. You can get suggestion from the following website.

Search Results

Treatment cost can be anything between 2 to 3 lakhs Indian rupee. While staying in an average hotel+ food for 2 might cost you 2000-2500 rupees daily. So at max 3-3.5 lakhs would be enough for treatment+ 2 week staying in Bangalore.

thanks a lot guys :cheers:
@punit, also hotel cost info needed.
Narayana Hridayalaya Hospital Hotels
how about these hotels ?
also need info about which airline will be better to travel from Kolkata to Banglalore, cost. How far the hospital is from Airport ? what might be the transportation cost ?
@eyeswideshut and others
@Nilgiri :eek:
from avg fare b/w Kolkata to Bangalore is around (7-10 K) INR if booked less than one month before. However if u plan in advance the fare is around (4-6K) INR.
Distance : Bangalore Airport to Narayana Hospital Distance is around 75-80 km. You can either chose a Pre Paid Taxi cab (around 800-1500 INR) or Volvo buses ( 200-300 INR).
Regarding Hotel and cost. I m trying to get info and will get back to you.

Mind it Bangalore is a language friendly place. if u can speak Hindi and/or English u wont face any difficulty.
Also Main Branch of Narayana Hospital is known as Narayana Health City and it has other branches all over Bangalore . though all are equally good I would recommend main Branch :

Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences
258/A, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Hosur Road, Anekal Taluk
Bangalore, Karnataka -560099
080 - 71 222 222

@BDforever

Thanks for tagging, but sorry for not being able to help you, as I stay in Bhubaneswar and knows very little about Bangalore. But you have got a lot of information from our friends here I hope. And that will help you. I can only pray to the Almighty for his speedy recovery!!:-)

Just keep Money ready, like say 5-6lakh INR and travel documents. Hospital will surely help you in accommodation till the recovery is complete.

thanks a lot guys :cheers:
@punit, also hotel cost info needed.
Narayana Hridayalaya Hospital Hotels
how about these hotels ?
also need info about which airline will be better to travel from Kolkata to Banglalore, cost.
@eyeswideshut and others
@Nilgiri :eek:
also need info about which airline will be better to travel from Kolkata to Banglalore, cost.
--> Not much idea of direct flights,may be our bengali babus can provide that info.
Kolkota to delhi, delhi to bangalore is preferred due to frequency being higher. you can get the cost from airline portals.
typical bangalore to delhi flights costs around 5-6k range.

How far the hospital is from Airport ? The new airport is bloody far from the city. 22kms from city centre plus another 12 kilometers to hospital. Infact airport is located at one end outside the city and hospital at the opposite end.
what might be the transportation cost ?
Here is the url, they can use it to find local buses too.
Trip Planner | Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
300Rs per passenger. Buses are real good. The bus terminal is right outside the airport.
if 3 ppl are traveling it makes sense to hire a cab. Cost of the cab for airport should be around 800-900Rs.
http://www.bengaluruairport.com/tra...&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=8sla1gbb6_4
Attached is the route map for Route no: KIAS-8C (from mybmtc site). Need to get down at electronic city and catch another bus/auto to the hospital. There are other local buses which ply ( will be crowded ) which can also be used.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 8.16.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 8.16.28 PM.png
    494 KB · Views: 20
--> Not much idea of direct flights,may be our bengali babus can provide that info.
Kolkota to delhi, delhi to bangalore is preferred due to frequency being higher. you can get the cost from airline portals.
typical bangalore to delhi flights costs around 5-6k range.

How far the hospital is from Airport ? The new airport is bloody far from the city. 22kms from city centre plus another 12 kilometers to hospital. Infact airport is located at one end outside the city and hospital at the opposite end.
what might be the transportation cost ?
Here is the url, they can use it to find local buses too.
Trip Planner | Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation
300Rs per passenger. Buses are real good. The bus terminal is right outside the airport.
if 3 ppl are traveling it makes sense to hire a cab. Cost of the cab for airport should be around 800-900Rs.
http://www.bengaluruairport.com/tra...&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=8sla1gbb6_4
Attached is the route map for Route no: KIAS-8C (from mybmtc site). Need to get down at electronic city and catch another bus/auto to the hospital. There are other local buses which ply ( will be crowded ) which can also be used.
I am using this site to estimate taxi fare value, is it good ?
from avg fare b/w Kolkata to Bangalore is around (7-10 K) INR if booked less than one month before. However if u plan in advance the fare is around (4-6K) INR.
Distance : Bangalore Airport to Narayana Hospital Distance is around 75-80 km. You can either chose a Pre Paid Taxi cab (around 800-1500 INR) or Volvo buses ( 200-300 INR).
Regarding Hotel and cost. I m trying to get info and will get back to you.

Mind it Bangalore is a language friendly place. if u can speak Hindi and/or English u wont face any difficulty.
Also Main Branch of Narayana Hospital is known as Narayana Health City and it has other branches all over Bangalore . though all are equally good I would recommend main Branch :

Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences
258/A, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Hosur Road, Anekal Taluk
Bangalore, Karnataka -560099
080 - 71 222 222
TaxiFareFinder - Bangalore International Airport, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India to Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Bommasandra, Karnataka, India using Bangalore, India taxi rates

@Nilgiri @Bang Galore , any Airline suggestion ?

I will do a search later and tell you. But there is some answers already from others that look good.

Also I found this accomodation very close (1 km away) from the hospital....and they are well used to hosting guests for the hospital from their description:

Online Suites | Bangalore Hotel | Near Narayana Hrudayalaya

They are pretty much a little further up the road that runs right by the hospital....and their rates look quite reasonable (1200 INR per night for standard non A/C is their cheapest and the pictures and reviews look decent).

@BDforever I just searched ticket fare for 8th January 2016 for 2 adults and 1 infant from Kolkata to Bangalore in Indigo airlines( best for domestic travel) and price is Base fare= 10000 rs+ 2066 rs tax+ 1000 rs for infant. Total 13066 rs for all 3.

I will do a search later and tell you. But there is some answers already from others that look good.

Also I found this accomodation very close (1 km away) from the hospital....and they are well used to hosting guests for the hospital from their description:

Online Suites | Bangalore Hotel | Near Narayana Hrudayalaya

They are pretty much a little further up the road that runs right by the hospital....and their rates look quite reasonable (1200 INR per night for standard non A/C is their cheapest and the pictures and reviews look decent).
i calculated and compared it with your previous cheapest hotel link, it costs about 1,400 INR more to stay here (including travel cost)+ it does not offer breakfast like previous one
@BDforever I just searched ticket fare for 8th January 2016 for 2 adults and 1 infant from Kolkata to Bangalore in Indigo airlines( best for domestic travel) and price is Base fare= 10000 rs+ 2066 rs tax+ 1000 rs for infant. Total 13066 rs for all 3.
is it economical ? i checked Air India looked about 5,ooo INR cheaper on 4th January
Are you talking about narayana hrudhayala?
Narayana Health | Multispeciality Hospital Chain in India

Last edited:
One of my close one's 8 months old son probably has small hole in heart according to hospital investigation in Bangladesh. He is going to take his son at Narayan Hospital in Bangalore, in India for full investigation within 1 month.
Need a estimated budget for 2 weeks for whole things (including staying in reasonable hotel)

Your help will be really appreciable.
please inform me as soon as possible.
@jamahir @Nilgiri @scorpionx @arp2041 @Skull and Bones @Kashmiri Pandit @ranjeet @nForce @hinduguy @Mike_Brando @Manindra @thesolar65 @Sam. @Aminroop @Echo_419 @Vyom @Srinivas and others

Easily the one of best in the country...on average at least 60 cardiothoracic procedures are done in a day!!
My cousin got operated there....and there are plenty of options for accommodation in all budget categories!!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom