What's new

Wonder Women Of The Indian Air Force [VIDEO]

A great news that more and more army jobs are being opened to women,despite the sexist remarks,women can be as good as men on certain jobs.
-
Claire,Rafale pilot in the FAF,already deployed to take part in the Opération Serval.
-
Women or men,the most important thing is to serve the country.

View attachment 283484
View attachment 283485
View attachment 283486
View attachment 283487

Nothing sexier than a women who can fight for her nation and look damm good while doing so

The IAF has completly lifted the ban on women serving in the fighter stream, the first female fighter pilots of the IAF will be operational in 2017.

Sir, then what do you think about our other branches. Should we also introduce so called gender neutral standards like the US in ground combat like SF.

PS:AFAIK the air force is going to relegate the women to rear echelon duties. Domestic air policing, training, etc. The POW thing is quite an issue. The ISIS burnt a pilot alive...

Sir, then what do you think about our other branches. Should we also introduce so called gender neutral standards like the US in ground combat like SF.

The US does not induct women into the special forces. Even combat roles in other branches were opened to women only very recently.

(Women have been in plenty of firefights when their units come under attack.)

This is a stretch too far, almost no nation has women in combat roles (on the ground) and even in the ones that claim to (Israel) the reality is very different.

Women are more than able to be aviators and in combat roles in that way but being on the ground with the $hit the infantry and SF have to do is not suited to them- on the whole. I don't see women serving in frontline combat roles such as that being likely to enhance the effectivness of ground units, in fact there is empiracal evidence it would substantially weaken them.

Women will,can and do exceptional service in the technical branches though (Signals, intel, logistics etc).

PS:AFAIK the air force is going to relegate the women to rear echelon duties. Domestic air policing, training, etc. The POW thing is quite an issue. The ISIS burnt a pilot alive...
I don't think this is accurate, or at least has not been declared. I doubt very much that you will see women pilots being specfically tasked with "rear echelon" duties because this would undermine the force as a whole- you are tieing one hand behind your back before you have even begun a conflict. As pointed out in the video, in this age where there is a signifcant asymetric threat every aircraft- helo, transport and fighter, is inherently at risk and yet female aviators fly halo and transports in the IAF with no difference in taskings at all. This is the ONLY way the IAF would allow it and the women would want it- there will be no difference between a male and female pilot in their assigned duties.

That said, would considerations be made if the IAF (hypothetically speaking, I doubt it will happen) joined the fight against ISIS? I would argue they likely would be, the poltical leadership won't want a female pilot shot down over hostile airspace to land up in the hands of those savages. This is purely me speculating and is a very special case- it won't be a consideration in the long term in conventional duties (missions against China/Pakistan).

These brave courageous girls are making there parents and family proud, way to go....

When did I become Indian! :what:
BTW, the question is, can a woman defend herself as good a man can if her jet/helicopter is shot down! Also, I might be wrong but to my knowledge Indian Air Force don't have women taking part in combat operations.

See when the women sign up, they know what they are into. For men and women alike, torture and rape is the ultimate sacrilege that can be bestowed upon them. The combat women world over have accepted that risk just as their male counterparts. Kudos to all the women mate! Where ever they may be but they are equal to men in all fields!

As for the last line, women in IAF are flying transports right now. Although technically not in combat operations, they are flying IL-76s which are used still in SF operations (being replaced increasingly by C-17s and C-130s), as also An-32s, Mi-17s both of which have combat role too. An-32 (apart from para drops and cargo ops) is also trained for bombing missions as is IL-76. Additionally, Mi-17 pilots undergo air support training with their assortment of rocket pods and machine guns too. So technically IAF women pilots are alreadybeing trained for it.
If I may add further, women pilots are active in support operations for Op Meghdoot (the operation being undertaken in Siachen) the only active war operation of Indian Armed forces till date.

As for army, the women are there in engineers (combat engineers), Army Air Defence etc ... the Air Defence And Engineers have forward deployment roles in case of attacking forces. So its a fallacy to say Indian women personnel are not being given combat duty.

The constraints are in terms of building up the adequate infrastructure. But the same may come up in time seeing the trends now.

Nothing sexier than a women who can fight for her nation and look damm good while doing so

Ah a sexist remark .... pray refrain from these remarks, this is exactly why India is lagging in its 'mental health' regarding permitting women to serve their nation.

Let me tell you a secret. SFF has women cadres, trained in demolition, recce & int, unarmed combat, Para qualified (both static line and HALO), basic and advanced musketry etc etc ... in short female Rambos. Its not new. There are a number of Para qualified officers and special forces women cadres who are already active in various areas in India and abroad. The standards are not gender neuter rather gender specific. A woman may not be able to run 40 kms in 5 hours but she may run 80 in 11 hours .... !

As for the risks, every male and female officer in Indian armed forces is aware and accepts the risk. They all signed on knowing what it entails.

See when the women sign up, they know what they are into. For men and women alike, torture and rape is the ultimate sacrilege that can be bestowed upon them. The combat women world over have accepted that risk just as their male counterparts. Kudos to all the women mate! Where ever they may be but they are equal to men in all fields!
Exactly right, as the female officers said numerous times in this video- they know what they are signing up for and accept the risks. HOWEVER, I don't think any society in the world today is ready to see a female combatant be captured by the enemy and risk all the horrors that go with that. Can anyone imagine the outrage of a female pilot being caputred by ISIS? That would bring down governments.

Let me tell you a secret. SFF has women cadres, trained in demolition, recce & int, unarmed combat, Para qualified (both static line and HALO), basic and advanced musketry etc etc ... in short female Rambos. Its not new. There are a number of Para qualified officers and special forces women cadres who are already active in various areas in India and abroad
Well this is not entirely true, in the SFF there are female medics who are airborne-qualified and have their "wings", there is no female serving in any Indian SF unit- nor that of any proffesional SF unit in the world.

M
The US does not induct women into the special forces. Even combat roles in other branches were opened to women only very recently.

(Women have been in plenty of firefights when their units come under attack.)

Madam, the US marines did a study and found that on an average the mixed gender ground combat units are at severe disadvantage to all male ones.

Even they have unofficially banned women from combat units by increasing tough standards. They literally said if you are 120 pounds, 5'6 - average woman stats , you have virtually no chance to qualify.

Shouldn't we just let the military decide than make a political statement on neutrality.

PS: US forces have not actually used female servicewomen on combat patrols.They have been used as FET or military personnel uses to interact with local women,kids with varying success.

Exactly right, as the female officers said numerous times in this video- they know what they are signing up for and accept the risks. HOWEVER, I don't think any society in the world today is ready to see a female combatant be captured by the enemy and risk all the horrors that go with that. Can anyone imagine the outrage of a female pilot being caputred by ISIS? That would bring down governments.

Well this is not entirely true, in the SFF there are female medics who are airborne-qualified and have their "wings", there is no female serving in any Indian SF unit- nor that of any proffesional SF unit in the world.

Sir, here is list of probable tasks for female iaf pilots.

In 2-3 years, women pilots may fly supersonic fighters: IAF chief - The Times of India

As for the last line, women in IAF are flying transports right now. Although technically not in combat operations, they are flying IL-76s which are used still in SF operations (being replaced increasingly by C-17s and C-130s), as also An-32s, Mi-17s both of which have combat role too. An-32 (apart from para drops and cargo ops) is also trained for bombing missions as is IL-76. Additionally, Mi-17 pilots undergo air support training with their assortment of rocket pods and machine guns too. So technically IAF women pilots are alreadybeing trained for it.
If I may add further, women pilots are active in support operations for Op Meghdoot (the operation being undertaken in Siachen) the only active war operation of Indian Armed forces till date.

As for army, the women are there in engineers (combat engineers), Army Air Defence etc ... the Air Defence And Engineers have forward deployment roles in case of attacking forces. So its a fallacy to say Indian women personnel are not being given combat duty.

The constraints are in terms of building up the adequate infrastructure. But the same may come up in time seeing the trends now.

Ah a sexist remark .... pray refrain from these remarks, this is exactly why India is lagging in its 'mental health' regarding permitting women to serve their nation.

Let me tell you a secret. SFF has women cadres, trained in demolition, recce & int, unarmed combat, Para qualified (both static line and HALO), basic and advanced musketry etc etc ... in short female Rambos. Its not new. There are a number of Para qualified officers and special forces women cadres who are already active in various areas in India and abroad. The standards are not gender neuter rather gender specific. A woman may not be able to run 40 kms in 5 hours but she may run 80 in 11 hours .... !

As for the risks, every male and female officer in Indian armed forces is aware and accepts the risk. They all signed on knowing what it entails.
So by having 2 standards aren't we having a tier 1 and tier 2 standard force. In effect this is just playing yo the gallery.

There are
This is the ACM trying to allay fears and stop that thought process before this program has even begun. It doesn't make sense from an operational perspective to rule out female aviators being engaged in combat roles when they are going to be operating in mixed SQNs.

+No need for this "sir" buisness my friend :lol:

There are squadrons of mig 21 that act as interceptors and are for air policing. I believe they will be relegated there first.

Countries generally don't deploy female combatants unless they have relative air superiority, manpower constraints or for propaganda value.

Like how a couple female fighter pilots are being used to bomb ISIS.

I didn't see the woman jet fighters in that video. Anyone saw it?

There are

There are squadrons of mig 21 that act as interceptors and are for air policing. I believe they will be relegated there first.

Countries generally don't deploy female combatants unless they have relative air superiority, manpower constraints or for propaganda value.

Like how a couple female fighter pilots are being used to bomb ISIS.
Not really. The modern war depends more one intelligence and will power, much less on physical strength. The intelligence and will power are never in shortage in women. Sometime even exceeds that of men.

I didn't see the woman jet fighters in that video. Anyone saw it?
They are not in service yet, the first female fighter pilots will be commisioned in 2017 and are undergoing training as we speak.

They are not in service yet, the first female fighter pilots will be commisioned in 2017 and are undergoing training as we speak.

So they will be used like they are in Israel or USA. If there is a place where air superiority has not been attained and pilot can become POW, then constraints may apply as you say.

Back
Top Bottom