What's new

Late Lt. Colonel Niranjan Kumar, our very own Hurt Locker

india can publicize his death as heroic but the fact remains that he died by not following safety protocols under such dangerous conditions, stupidity more than courage.

The subedar died as a hero, a feat uncommon at his age and designation.
We do not really know about the exact circumstances of Mr Niranjan's death. But whatever information is available, it does seem like protocols were not followed.
55 year old Subedar was a real hero. Not many people can really show the courage like him.

Of Course .An Arm Chair general can pass comments and protocol speech with a laptop /PC.
But you dont know the reality of such dangerous jobs .The duty of NSG men under the Lt Colonel was just to follow the orders of their superior .But as a commanding officer he also had a responsibility to protect his boys under his command .So he took the risk like a true officer .
On topic: He did a great job with the limited resources provided to him by our nation .
A Great Salute to you Sir

There was no need to get personal but its a good way to cover lack of substance in your post. If you get personal again I will report you.

Every soldier is supposed to follow orders, IA Lt Col was not doing something extra ordinary by following orders.

The only example he set for his men is to be reckless, endanger everyone around and to give up life out of utter foolishness.

This is NO way to set an example or lead from the front, falling prey to a booby trap. He should have known better.

The Lt Col took a foolish step that cost him his life. If he would have known what he was doing and how he was supposed to do it, his life could have been saved.

It's simple like this, you can't swim? Don't jump in water.

There was no need to get personal but its a good way to cover lack of substance in your post. If you get personal again I will report you.

Every soldier is supposed to follow orders, IA Lt Col was not doing something extra ordinary by following orders.

The only example he set for his men is to be reckless, endanger everyone around and to give up life out of utter foolishness.

This is NO way to set an example or lead from the front, falling prey to a booby trap. He should have known better.

The Lt Col took a foolish step that cost him his life. If he would have known what he was doing and how he was supposed to do it, his life could have been saved.

Do whatever you want .
But we would oppose such stupid comments coming from a civilian who dont know anything about bomb disposal unit of a Special Force .He is from Kerala ,and I have seen the local news paper about his funeral and his superior NSG IG ,also a keralite, praised him for his professional excellence.
He did that because it was his decision and you and I dont know anything about that situation(which is still remain as a secret) which he faced .Of Course brave men will jump to water if that is for the security of his own men.

Thousands of our soldiers have died civilians and children for a very simple reason cause our leadership is coward.

RIP to colonel.

Do whatever you want .
But we would oppose such stupid comments coming from a civilian who dont know anything about bomb disposal unit of a Special Force .He is from Kerala ,and I have seen the local news paper about his funeral and his superior NSG IG ,also a keralite, praised him for his professional excellence.
He did that because it was his decision and you and I dont know anything about that situation(which is still remain as a secret) which he faced .Of Course brave men will jump to water if that is for the security of his own men.

His death could have been averted and an Important life could have been saved. Surely he was a father , a husband . A son. Now a foolish accident has been twisted into a bravery show.

Whatever praises his death is bringing up seems to be a covering up drama for his incapability to work with bombs.

Professionsl excellence was shown by subedar. LT Col Kumar now hailed as a hero ,stupidly fell in a trap that cost him his life is not professional excellency, it's an unforgiving accident.

Last edited:
His death could have been averted and an Important life could have been saved. Surely he was a father , a husband . A son. Now a foolish accident has been twisted into a bravery show.

Whatever praises his death is bringing up seems to be a covering up drama for his incapability to work with bombs.

Professionsl excellence was shown by subedar. LT Col Kumar now hailed as a hero ,stupidly fell in a trap that cost him his life is not professional excellency, it's an unforgiving accident.
You have no way of knowing the exact circumstances of this incident and why the LT Col lost his life. If it suits you to speak ill of the dead fine, question SOPs and such but to take it to the point where you are claiming the head of the Bomb Disposal Squad of India's most elite Count Terror unit was "incapable" of working with bombs is nothing but despicable and intellectually dishonest.

He is a hero no matter what, he served his country to the best of his ability throughout his entire adult life, just by wearing the uniform of the IA, let alone the NSG, he was a hero. As a member of the NSG (a unit you have to volunteer to join) he, and the rest of his team mates, were always ready to be India's emergency response team, always ready to fly into wherever they needed to go. He did not end up in Pathankot by accident, it was not a holiday resort- he was sent there because it was apparent bad guys were about to do bad things, he was put in harm's way, he did his duty. Every member of the NSG, especially, is a hero- appreciated by the rest of us or not- for this exact reason, they join knowing what it is the NSG does and what they will have to do as a result.

He lived a hero, he died a hero.

@PARIKRAMA @Levina @Vauban @Spectre

You have no way of knowing the exact circumstances of this incident and why the LT Col lost his life.
Yes i have a way of knowing , and thats through indian newspapers.

Niranjan was the head of the bomb squad, but during the combing operation to clear the area of explosives, he was not wearing a blast-shield uniform. He fell victim to a simple booby trap planted by the terrorists. Niranjan also chose not to use specialized equipment like remote-controlled robots to move a dead body. Owing to this act of bravado, or stupidity, he lost his own life and had five of the soldiers with him seriously injured.

Read more at: News daily questions Pathankot martyr's sacrifice, says Lt Col Niranjan died due to his 'stupidity' - Oneindia

Martyr's rites

The ‘Martyrdom’ of Lt Col E K Niranjan: Noble Sacrifice or Error? - TheQuint

If it suits you to speak ill of the dead fine,

where have i spoken ill of him?

Your own newspapers have QUOTED his act as STUPIDITY.

question SOPs and such but to take it to the point where you are claiming the head of the Bomb Disposal Squad of India's most elite Count Terror unit was "incapable" of working with bombs is nothing but despicable and intellectually dishonest.
Read again:
Owing to this act of bravado, or stupidity, he lost his own life and had five of the soldiers with him seriously injured.

You may consider that bravado, i will QUOTE Your newspaper and call it stupid because he could have saved his own life if he would have done properly with whatever he was doing.

There is safety procedure/protocols for all tasks and those protocols are in place to ensure the safety of any human being. His own death and injuring others is not a SAFETY protocol, there is specialized equipment available so human life is not put in risk.
He is a hero no matter what, he served his country to the best of his ability throughout his entire adult life, just by wearing the uniform of the IA, let alone the NSG, he was a hero. As a member of the NSG (a unit you have to volunteer to join) he, and the rest of his team mates, were always ready to be India's emergency response team, always ready to fly into wherever they needed to go. He did not end up in Pathankot by accident, it was not a holiday resort- he was sent there because it was apparent bad guys were about to do bad things, he was put in harm's way, he did his duty. Every member of the NSG, especially, is a hero- appreciated by the rest of us or not- for this exact reason, they join knowing what it is the NSG does and what they will have to do as a result.

This is all patriotic talk, being an indian you are entitled to it.

You have no way of knowing the exact circumstances of this incident and why the LT Col lost his life. If it suits you to speak ill of the dead fine, question SOPs and such but to take it to the point where you are claiming the head of the Bomb Disposal Squad of India's most elite Count Terror unit was "incapable" of working with bombs is nothing but despicable and intellectually dishonest.

Thanks for the tag.

Niranjan was the head of the bomb squad, but during the combing operation to clear the area of explosives, he was not wearing a blast-shield uniform. He fell victim to a simple booby trap planted by the terrorists. Niranjan also chose not to use specialized equipment like remote-controlled robots to move a dead body. Owing to this act of bravado, or stupidity, he lost his own life and had five of the soldiers with him seriously injured.

Read more at: News daily questions Pathankot martyr's sacrifice, says Lt Col Niranjan died due to his 'stupidity' - Oneindia

Martyr's rites

where have i spoken ill of him?

Your own newspapers have QUOTED his act as STUPIDITY.

Read again:
Owing to this act of bravado, or stupidity, he lost his own life and had five of the soldiers with him seriously injured.

You may consider that bravado, i will QUOTE Your newspaper and call it stupid because he could have saved his own life if he would have done properly with whatever he was doing.

There is safety procedure/protocols for all tasks and those protocols are in place to ensure the safety of any human being. His own death and injuring others is not a SAFETY protocol, there is specialized equipment available so human life is not put in risk.

This is all patriotic talk, being an indian you are entitled to it.
Guess what???
You're being stupid by believing an editorial article of The telegraph.
Lt Col Niranjan was the head of Bomb squad so there's no way he would not follow standard procedures. And, how would you know the reason why he was not wearing the shield? Or if at all this part of the news is true?

Anyways I have reported your post for sullying our martyr.

Tell me bro .
What do you know about bomb disposal unit SOP of a Special Force like NSG ?
I am 100% sure .You dont know anything .
Your only source is some Indian stupid media articles ,which have a nice reputation of lack of journalistic professionalism .
You and I also dont know the situation faced by Lt Col .NSG still didnt revealed the full circumstances .
He was best in his unit ,his professionalism was excellent and that is why the NSG selected him for training in US .
Like I said dont try to argue with some little knowledge you got from Indian media.

Martyr's rites

So you know a lot from stupid media than a Lt Col who is head of Bomb Disposal Unit? Simple Booby Trap?
Shows the stupidity

india can publicize his death as heroic but the fact remains that he died by not following safety protocols under such dangerous conditions, stupidity more than courage.

The subedar died as a hero, a feat uncommon at his age and designation.

Please do tell us which safety protocols he failed to follow. I'm sure that your eminence can provide valuable lessons to the head of the bomb disposal unit of India's finest.

If you cannot tell us which protocols were neglected, if you can't even mention one, then realize your place in the world - a pathetic armchair warrior typing on PDF from his mother's basement, while heroes live and die for humanity.

Instead of repeating it ad nauseum that he did something foolish, tell us what was the foolish thing he did. What mistakes did he make? What protocol did he not follow? Show, don't say - show us what his mistakes or foolishness were, instead of saying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom