What's new

LATEST LCA TRIBUTE [VIDEO]

Oh no those yellow GPUs again! It seems LCA cannot move an inch without these auxiliary power units and hence cannot be deployed to forward bases unless these GPUs are either flown-in or pre-deployed. For a squadron of LCAs it will require at least 2 to 3 flights of the C17s or IL76s to move all the GPUs in addition to moving the normal support equipment and ground crew. I have also read the panel access to key areas is also a challenge. LCA seems like a logistics and maintenance nigtmare requiring a lot of support equipment and ground crew. This could impact its export potential also.

JF 17 on the other hand can be serviced by a single crewman and can operate from autonomously from not only FOBs but also motorways. A single C130 or a C235 can support a whole squadron of JF17s.
picard-triple-facepalm-3.jpg

Even the Pakistani Mushshak and K8 have done more international airshows than the LCA. In addition to air show both JF17 and Mushsahak have done multiple bilateral trips, which is where the real deals are made.

JF-17 = Zuhai, Farnborough, Paris, Izmir, Dubai

Mushshak = Dubai, Bucharest

K8 = Zuhai, Dubai

LCA = Bahrain

I am glad you finally agree. Good reason to hide your face in embarrassment.

Looks Majestic :toast_sign:

& look at that climb (1:28)!:fans:

Would you elaborate that sir?

When combat jets are deployed outside of their home base, they require a cargo plane to carry support equipment and the ground crew. Logistics of deployment in addition to maintenance are critical to success of a combat aircraft. US aircraft have very low turn around time and are very easy to deploy anywhere in the world on a very short notice. Russian and French aircrafts have a reputation to be more maintenance intensive. SU30 has particularly high maintenance requirements. An F16 can do two sorties in the time it will take to turnaround an SU30.

Abe yr ye Bossman phir shuru ho gaya ... Bhai chipkao ise JF-17 with APU ki photo.
I already have photos of JF17 with APUs it is not tied to hip all the time like the LCA. One photo is from CATIC at Chengdu and other from Izmir. In case of the LCA, there is hardly a picture without the APUs

I still have a problem with that fluttering near the ground at take-off and landing [ _1:10 / 7:32_ ].
Also, that initial climb is far from stellar; there are hesitations, the power output is not linear.
Another movement during a slow low full turn showed similar notched attitude. I'd suspect work
is yet to be done on the FCS. Some of the barrels and rolls were harsh and not fluid as a result.

I'd rather have an IAF report than a spliced vid in any case, Tay.

I like from the point of take off around 00:58 secs to full last point of 07:00+

The take off i feel is very cautious types.. Perhaps the pressure of a first international outing made a senior well experienced pilot use a cautious approach... i agree with @Taygibay there are non linear elements seen as against the response versus perhaps the throttling..

What i strongly feel is in BIAS show, LCA may have shown perhaps 2/3 rd or around 60-66% of its potential for present mark 1 variant.

I like the way the bird goes thru its run to the sky... its not like very aggressive but far more matured manner of control can be seen. especially bcz of the pressure thats on pilot with the whole world watching...

Next i look forward to Singapore.. I feel we will see a a very different Tejas flying there. With confidence of BIAS performance together with rapid development in FOC front, the confidence would be much higher.

On top, the feedback and videos will show where we will showcase a more aggressive approach and take the performance closer to 90%+ actual ability of Tejas.

I hope MOD approves for it quickly..

++

For some unnecessary and unwanted attention seekers....

images

troll+1.jpg

TrollSpray.jpg

I still have a problem with that fluttering near the ground at take-off and landing [ _1:10 / 7:32_ ].
Also, that initial climb is far from stellar; there are hesitations, the power output is not linear.
Another movement during a slow low full turn showed similar notched attitude. I'd suspect work
is yet to be done on the FCS. Some of the barrels and rolls were harsh and not fluid as a result.

I'd rather have an IAF report than a spliced vid in any case, Tay.
A new software block was introduced into the test fleet recently so as to open up the AOA performance, perhaps there are some issues associated with that and another patch is in the works to address this, it is a continuous process, no one said the LCA was fully mature.

I am glad you finally agree. Good reason to hide your face in embarrassment.

jf-17_thunder_jet_fuel_strarter_03.jpg

jf-17_thunder_jet_fuel_strarter_01.jpg

A 60KVA power JFS mounted on a mini truck, that power the JF-17 engine. A JFS can start engine in less than 3 minutes. Note the cable leaving JFS and going inside the aircraft’s power section.

JF-17 Thunder’s Middle Fuselage : JF-17 Thunder – All round view : Pakistan Air Force Wallpapers

ob_8ebe83_jf-17-block-2.jpg

What's that in the back? And where is the cable going?
http://rpdefense.over-blog.com/2015...rst-flight-ahead-of-block-3-improvements.html

01.jpg

Oh look, same APUs with Sea Harriers > therefore these are always tethered to it?

Indiai_Mirage_2000.jpg

Oh look, same APU with Mirage 2000 > therefore these are always tethered to it?

fishbed-and-flanker.jpg

Oh look, same APU with Su30MKI > therefore these are always tethered to it?

And a different color APU
webiaf-su-30mki-lineup.jpg

Might simply be a different operational practise, which may (or may not be) unrelated to characteristics of a particular aircraft.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom