What's new

For Indian members only-Want an honest Opinion

@jamahir, what is the syllabus followed in libya. Just asking.
6a00d83451e17769e2010536556c8a970c-800wi

Last edited:
@jamahir, what is the syllabus followed in libya. Just for fun.
6a00d83451e17769e2010536556c8a970c-800wi

:)

don't know... must be based on a mix of soviet-style, british ( from colonial/king period ), egypt ( from nasser's time ), and local with emphasis on political learnings.

during the jamahiriya days, education was free and of one's choice, with the student paid by the system for abroad education.

i would say a few fields would have been prominent... medicine, petro-chemicals, water engineering, civil engineering, agriculture, desert management, politics.

Hmm??

though my schooling was state, i will recommend icse for your school... from what is read of it in this thread, icse seems to give a more well-rounded syllabus than cbse.

what india doesn't need is people going through exams for the sake of marks and getting into jobs... india doesn't any more need job-seekers but creators of fine employment and more importantly, people who are aware intimately that there is humanity beyond india whom the student must be deeply concerned with.

jobs keep a person in middle-class voluntary poverty in one way or another... your students must not be that and only then can they lift others out of miseries.

i gather that icse emphasizes the humanities and that is indeed more important than some typical engineering course... a sensible person need not be dictated by the school courses on what fields he or she will take up after the school years... the school must be responsible for bringing humanity's knowledge to the student to the best effort possible.

it is the fault of the present education system of india ( mostly cbse and state ) that the present government has had to announce the "make in india" program which essentially declares to the world to come set-up factories in india, train indians and give indians employment... is that not sad??

out of all certification-based syllabuses, i see icse as the most suitable to create entreprenuers and contributors, though of course it is the naturally brilliant student who can ignore a bad syllabus system and become something.
Hmm
I agree to an extent.
I would prefer ICSE, the syllabus of which isn't as vast as CBSE, and ergo the pressure on students is lesser. But that's from a student's POV.

If I were to start my own school I would also look at the syllabus preferred by the parents in the area. I'm a business woman and not a social worker you see :coffee:

Last edited:
would prefer ICSE, the syllabus of which isn't as vast as CBSE,
Disagree on what I have seen. Icse even have Shakespeare poems in it while cbse far easier.

Disagree on what I have seen. Icse even have Shakespeare poems in it while cbse far easier.
Try our social science and maths text books!!
I can safely say that my 12th grade maths board exams were much tougher than my Pune university's engineering exams.

Try our social science and maths text books!!
I can safely say that my 12th grade maths board exams were much tougher than my Pune university's engineering exams.
I used to prepare for aipmt and aieee so I know . every iit and aipmt aspirant does ncert text books before anything.. May be I didn't like Shakespeare poem bcoz I have a scientific bent of mind. Had fun solving resnik and Halliday physics book. Had I failed aipmt exam I would have been a physicist. Loved physics.

Last edited:
Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)

In my place, I found those schools are doing well where school follows CBSE syllabus during 9-12th std and use CBSE exam in 10th & 12th but upto 8th std follow ICSE/ISC curriculum . The reasons behind this are -

a. To prepare the base of student till 8th with spread of knowledge and grasp on English
b. Upto 8th grade CBSE syllabus is very light and not up the mark.
c. From 9th grade CBSE syllabus is very good as its science part is excellent and all completive exams are based on CBSE syllabus. On the other hand ICSE students are bogged down with tremendous pressure on English which I understand useless. Why a student who will pursue science , will spent 50% of his/her study time with English ( starting fro full drama of Shakespeare?). In CBSE students spend most of the time with Science subjects.
d. ICSE/ISC students have to study NCERT syllabus in addition to their own to appear in national level competitive exam. CBSE students can prepare for both board and competitive exam with same study

In this way, you can get benefits out of both the curriculums .

Last edited:
You don't know me yet. :P
Business women 're always shrewd. Infact anyone who is a successful business person is a lil shrewd. Don't you think?

well, i had a company ( in partnership ) in 2005... we closed it down within a year, mainly because i was not business-minded then.

i am hunting for money to start a non-commercial organization... one of the projects i described in the "computer and related" thread... i am certainly not shrewd but extremely ambitious and strategic. :P

Congrats! I am studying in Class XII ISC - Till class X I will prefer to go for ICSE for CBSE's grading system and optional board examinations really sucks! (Though there has some news of discarding the grading system and making the board examinations compulsory for all students of Class X CBSE by the Union HRD Ministry) Till class X - CBSE follows the semester sort of system that is students appearing for annual exams at the end of the academic session are required to prepare ONLY the other half of their syllabus that they are taught after the half yearly examinations but this is not the case with ICSE where students have to prepare their entire syllabus that they are taught right from the very beginning of their academic session. In the name of reducing load on the students - the CBSE till class X has made its curriculum too easy that the students find to difficult to cope up with the syllabus of Class XI-XII which is not the case with ICSE/ISC.

In Class XI-XII both of the boards are more or less the same as far as curriculum/syllabus is concerned.

But the main difference you will see in both the boards is ENGLISH - A student studying in ICSE naturally develops good English conversation - comprehension and vocabulary skills than a CBSE student - the reason being ICSE lays more stress on English than any other board across India! Shakespeare Plays in Shakespearean era language is introduced in ICSE right from class IX - English curriculum in ICSE/ISC is way better than in CBSE.

Anyways go for IB if possible! :D

Out of the two - I will go for ICSE/ISC!
Studying in Class XII ISC?? Which stream

& how are your boards going as of now?

I wish @Dem!god was here... Long back me and him had some discussion on this. ICSE students 've an edge over CBSE students when it comes to communication skills, but when it comes to maths and science (esp in 11th n 12th) CBSE students perform better in entrance exams.
There's a CBSE syllabus called CBSE xseed which is considered tougher from a teacher's PoV, as in this case the teacher is also evaluated on the basis of her student's performance. Your wifey's right! Teachers in CBSE hv a lot of work load.

Not all ICSE students..
I am also from an ICSE school(till Xth class) & my communication skills are pathetic, add to that I'm very shy & introvertish & have very few friends at my college(except the Internet).

what india doesn't need is people going through exams for the sake of marks and getting into jobs... india doesn't any more need job-seekers but creators of fine employment and more importantly, people who are aware intimately that there is humanity beyond india whom the student must be deeply concerned with.

jobs keep a person in middle-class voluntary poverty in one way or another... your students must not be that and only then can they lift others out of miseries.

i gather that icse emphasizes the humanities and that is indeed more important than some typical engineering course... a sensible person need not be dictated by the school courses on what fields he or she will take up after the school years... the school must be responsible for bringing humanity's knowledge to the student to the best effort possible.

it is the fault of the present education system of india ( mostly cbse and state ) that the present government has had to announce the "make in india" program which essentially declares to the world to come set-up factories in india, train indians and give indians employment... is that not sad??

out of all certification-based syllabuses, i see icse as the most suitable to create entreprenuers and contributors, though of course it is the naturally brilliant student who can ignore a bad syllabus system and become something.

Why do you feel that Humanities are more important than Engineering??

By the way let me say that a large part of AP & TG would disagree with your statement :P

Friends, Both older and younger variants..:D

I have opened a new school in my area where I also operate a college (Its a village area but near to city)

I have not taken affiliation from any board, but have zeroed in between
CBSE and ICSE(CISCE).

Kindly give your inputs as to which one will best suitable for children. Do not be biased as to under which board you have studied!!

@levina @45'22' @janon @dray @scorpionx @Guynextdoor2 @SpArK @MilSpec @Rain Man @Skull and Bones @jamahir (if you have studied in India) @Bornubus @wolfschanzze @Mike_Brando @Srinivas @TimeTraveller @halupridol @HariPrasad @gslv @Blue_Eyes @doppelganger @Bang Galore @kaku1 @Koovie @Ind4Ever @IND151 @SarthakGanguly @anant_s @jbgt90 @Dash @Ryuzaki @AUSTERLITZ @bloo @SRP @Roybot @Robinhood Pandey @AMCA @GR!FF!N @CONNAN @Tshering22 @Lord Zen @Screambowl @pursuit of happiness @Chanakya's_Chant @Manindra @he-man @SrNair @IndoCarib @third eye @Zebra @itachiii @KayAay @NKVD @GURU DUTT @Omega007 @kurup @JanjaWeed @nair @OrionHunter @jarves and other persons who I may have missed. Your inputs will be valuable for me for taking a decision.:-)
I am from CBSE Delhi, so CBSE. :P

Why do you feel that Humanities are more important than Engineering??

1. without humanities, the engineers will not innovate but only circulate present technologies which may be wrong... humanities allows future thinking... people like elon musk are as much humanists as engineers.

2. engineers do not live isolated lives, taking their projects for granted... they live in the real world which is affected by political and other events... those who are engineers by interest can anyway work in their field not only in engineering courses but can start groups which include other engineers outside of course times and do what they wish... they can convince their schools to give them equipment and support... and they can formally go through with humanities course.

3. how many engineering courses have actually yielded any real contribution??

By the way let me say that a large part of AP & TG would disagree with your statement :P

andhra and telangana?? you mean all those software engineers now in usa?? of course they will disagree. :agree:

Back
Top Bottom