What's new

Upcoming British Monarch visit to Pakistan

for fk sakes the bald headed dude is the second most important guy in UK.
That is Sajid Javid. He actually was contender for Prime Minister. He lost but as you rightly point out he is second most powerful person in UK government. Then we have Mayor Sadiq Khan who runs London which is one of the worlds capitals.

It seems ...Modi .... was up to no good vs the British Monarch

dc-Cover-n7qlse8t7tbpq3rbqjtsoe24h0-20160415124440.Medi.jpeg
Modis grip has improved after going under the robe of MBS.

Pakistan needs to diversify its relations. It shouldnt just be China or Middle east. We need to explore more options.

That is Sajid Javid. He actually was contender for Prime Minister. He lost but as you rightly point out he is second most powerful person in UK government. Then we have Mayor Sadiq Khan who runs London which is one of the worlds capitals.

Dont expect anything from Sajid Javed, he is a wannabe white person only there to legitimise all the racism from the party. Most of the Pakistani support comes from the backbenches of Labour or from the House of Lords, the highest ranking actual Pakistani in the government is Rehman Chisti who prefers to stay quiet and fly under the radar.

I think the visit of UK royalty is an important bench mark of growing Pakistani Ties with UK , a revival in relations you can say, with UK set to leave EU , great opportunity exist to grow ties with UK on bilateral manner

1997690-PakistanUKbritainPakUKPak-1561152976-285-640x480.jpg

I think with the Positive support from UK on Kashmir issue i.e Allowing the people to protest has sent a positive message, at least I was positively impacted that Pakistani community in UK were able to raise concern inside UK in a Democratic manner

British Monarchs hold a Sentimental value and yes they can still suspend UK parliament as we have seen recently

Britain holds a great possibility to build ties with

Turkey has gone in deal with UK to make next generation fighter jet
If Turkey trusts UK with defense deals , I think down the line hopefully Pakistan can also collaborate on Civil and Defense deals

Pakistanis in British Common Wealth

• 2 Million in UK
  • 1.5 Million in Canada
  • 1.0 Million in Australia

So their is certainly potential grow the ties with Common Wealth Nations as well

The arrival of Sea King Helicopters was a great gesture, given to Pakistan after a overhaul in UK
Pak-Navy-2.jpg

Pakistan-Navy-ex-RAF-Sea-King-HAR3A-Fleetlands-HeliOperations.jpg

Pakistani Military contingent won award in UK based event
https://www.suchtv.pk/pakistan/gene...national-pace-sticking-competition-in-uk.html
7ddb17934e9b7fb3f643842437ccdb92_L.jpg

The visit is also a chance for People of Pakistan to raise awareness about Kashmir and gain UK's support on the critical matter for referendum for Kashmir
You are on par with Riaz Khan. Great.

Pakistan should plan extra measures to ensure security for UK's top Personality
considering Indian plotters , just reminded me of previous World wars which started
after political royalties were targetted

https://www.dawn.com/news/1491420
user-images%2F81%2F81304c01e0f611afc5f60196bef072cf.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Prince William and his wife Kate will visit Pakistan later this year on the first royal trip to the country in more than a decade, Kensington Palace announced on Sunday.

Pakistan has battled militancy for more than a decade, with tens of thousands of people killed, but the security situation has stabilised recently after crackdowns on militants.

The royal couple’s visit, requested by Britain’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, shows London’s renewed interest in Pakistan.

“Further details (of the visit) will be advised in due course,” Kensington Palace tweeted.

Pakistan welcomed the royal visit.

Tour reflects the importance UK attaches to Pakistan, says envoy

“Government and the people of Pakistan warmly welcome the announcement of the royal visit,” tweeted Pakistan’s envoy to Britain, Nafees Zakaria.

He wrote: “People of Pakistan cherish & fondly recall visits of Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II to Pakistan during 1961 and 1997.”

“Upcoming Royal visit reflects the importance UK attaches to Pakistan. Both countries enjoy historical links and wish to strengthen them further.”

The visit comes 13 years after Charles and Camilla — the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwell — toured the country in 2006.

But Pakistan still vividly remembers the late Princess Diana’s visit in 1996.

She travelled to Islamabad, scenic northern areas and Lahore, where she was welcomed by cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, the current prime minister.

Diana — who was friends with Imran Khan — also attended a fundraising event of his Shaukat Khanam Memorial Cancer Hospital.

Britain is home to more than a million people of Pakistani origin, making it the largest Pakistani diaspora in Europe.

Bilateral trade was worth almost $4 billion in 2017, with the UK currently Pakistan’s third largest source of foreign investment after China and the Netherlands, according to Britain’s Department of International Trade.

British Airways also landed back in Pakistan early this month, in a major vote of confidence from a Western airline, after suspending operations due to security fears over a decade ago.
Yar Pakistan has learned its lesson. Whenever there is some big personalty there is 1000 times more extra security then required so no need to worry.
Pakistanis worrying and casting doubts would hurt more .

Unless they are bringing news of billions in investment this visit is no more than a PR stunt.....

All focuses of the government should be on the economics front.
Bhai royal don't do deals.
And what made you think we don't need PR stuff. If anything we need good press and good name . We need these types of goodwill visits so that our image and name would change. Foreigners would see that we are not Afghanistan. And though poor but a normal country with much to offer.

Unless they are bringing news of billions in investment this visit is no more than a PR stunt.....

All focuses of the government should be on the economics front.

If you do not treat them well then you risk getting suspended from the Commonwealth.

Wtf.
Why don't we treat them well
Pakistanis are the most hospitable nation in earth.

I agree but Hospitality has no value in international relations.

Money speaks while Hospitality walks.

I was responding to @Syed1. who said either they bring billions or it is PR stunt. Actually, it is the other way around.

To paraphrase JFK, "Ask not what the Crown can do for your country, ask what your country can do for the Crown."

I agree but Hospitality has no value in international relations.

Money speaks while Hospitality walks.

I was responding to @Syed1. who said either they bring billions or it is PR stunt. Actually, it is the other way around.

To paraphrase JFK, "Ask not what the Crown can do for your country, ask what your country can do for the Crown."
Lol dude seriously . You think that our government invite royals to state level visit And cannot spend like 5 to 6 carore to host them ....
I hope they host them like last time .
They usually are taken to charitable organizations. They can also be taken to church of pakistan which is an offshoot of church of England .
They can be taken to some hill resort in muree . And maybe even meet the victims or Indians brutity in kashmir .
Also visit to nust , government collage, or other institutions .

Mughal and sikh monuments in punjab .

Back
Top Bottom