What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

So go an have ur idyllic life,don't try to drag the world with you.Never has this much of the human populace been educated,never this much food security,security from destructive warfare,freedom to travel the world protected by intl laws,scientific discoveries,never better healthcare,more protected from plagues and diseases,never so much deep knowledge about workings of nature,never so militarily powerful,never so easy to communicate, and so on and so on.

What security from destructive warfare? You missed Iraq, Libya, Syria, Vietnam, and many other places. People were traveling all along human history, that is how they reached all corners of the world. What is the point in flying from A to B when all you do is go from one office in A to another office in B. There are most hospitals than ever and more diseases than ever and more patients than ever. More people taking medicines and undergoing treatment now than ever. The vedic rishis always knew about the workings of nature. Harmony was achieved and maintained for thousands of years. 200-300 years of your scientific progress and the world is alarmed about global warming and facing a nuclear holocaust.

What is the point of communication when people do not see each other face to face and talk, but spend all their time on facebook mindlessly clicking likes on the umpteenth baby or puppy photos.

DRAY is a (communal) comrade in arms :tup:
Abki bar Modi Sarkar...

No point attacking personally. Chill. :tup:

Red meat is harmful. Join PETA. Convince people peacefully. :agree:

Sarthak I know he is a Modi supporter, but his thinking is just like that of Pakistanis. The same secular people who wanted to do the exact opposite of all that Pakistanis did and achieved the same results (but for the grace of god and their incompetence, India is not totally screwed).

Jamaatis want to kill, while beef banners want to save.

This difference he will never get.

:D
I can understand your dilemma. But there is a fundamental difference between Jamatis and the Beef banners :haha:

Jamaatis want to kill, while beef banners want to save. I can appreciate the fact that you may want to eat it, but while so many worship it, it's best to keep it private(not necessarily in home). Besides we are basically urban folks - there is social disconnect with the people from the villages. In most places in the rural areas, cows are almost family members. They are given names and called as 'son' or 'daughter'. No kidding!

No fundo is also not going to be able to snatch the food from your plate. They won't be able to give life back to a slaughtered cow or goat etc. All they can do is ask you or shout to you that it hurts them deeply. This is a sensitive matter. Of course you want to be left alone with whatever you wish to eat. But we need to appreciate their views as well. :enjoy:

Then who sells the cows to slaughter houses? When the cows become unproductive, these "Sensitive" people themselves sell the cows to slaughter houses, slaughter houses don't snatch the cows from them.

Another common fate of unproductive cows are to become stray cows, eat from dustbins, live on roads, get beaten up by vegetable vendors at the local market or by the local farmer for entering his farmland, that's the kind of respect people show to cows when their utility is over, wake up mate and stop romanticizing about it.

Millions of Indian cows are smuggled over to Bangladesh every year, where they are slaughtered, packaged, and exported to foreign countries, that's a big industry out there. Indian cow owners are already selling their cows to Bangladeshi slaughter houses for ages, cows come from Bengal, Bihar, UP, even from as far as Punjab, but illegally, and sells at a lesser price for the risk of smuggling. If we stop being hypocrites about it, then our poor people can earn some more money, and our country can earn some foreign currency instead of giving the favours to Bangladesh, our cows are getting slaughtered anyway.

And I am yet to eat beef, but that doesn't change anything, all I am saying that respect the diversity of our country, a thread is running where some members want all others to learn Hindi mandatoryly, I mean why? Don't try to impose your will on others, we are a mix of different culture, ethnicity, religions, languages, our country was not built like that, and rightly so, because we are not homogenous, so the only way we can live together peacefully is by accepting each other the way we are.

Last edited:
I am a supporter of different languages, ethnicities, and religions, but culturally India must remain Hindu. That is the only binder we have. Our cultural continuity. People seeking to undermine Hinduism in the name of modernism wont have a country to undermine if they do not realize Hinduism is the binding force of India.

who will take care of and feed millions of bulls, male buffs , unproductive cows and female buffs? ..I personally dont eat beef but that doesnt mean I shudnt be practical!

Most of these cattle are grass feeding cattle which feed on their own on whatever brush and vegetation they find. Indians hardly spend money buying oats for their cattles.

Yours is a case of the shallow intellectuals who ruined India. All they wanted to do was behave the opposite of how the Pakistanis behave and let us see what they did with it.

Your certificate on my intellectuality or lack of it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is your "My way or highway" type of attitude.

Pakistan: Majoritarian rule. Islam is good, everything else is bad. Muslims are superior, everyone else is inferior. So Muslims must be given all benefits and Hindus and other minorities must be marginalized. All rules framed keeping the interest of Muslims in mind.

So where is Pakistan today and where is India? You aspire India to become like Pakistan?

India: Non Majoritarian rule. Islam is good, everything else is bad. Muslims are superior, everyone else is inferior. So Muslims must be given all benefits and Hindus and other minorities must be marginalized. All rules framed keeping the interest of Muslims in mind.

That's not what my country's constitution says, if something is wrong, correct it, but not by doing the opposite but equal wrong.

See, two sets of people behaving on opposite ideas but achieving the same results.

India & Pakistan are not exactly achieving the same results.

Likewise everything you do will make you behave just like a Pakistani. Beef eater and a man who will ride rough shod over Hindu interests.

Oh great, you want to turn my country into a land of Hindu radicals, and opposing it will be behaving like a Pakistani? Sell this nonsense to Mr. Togadia.

I am a supporter of different languages, ethnicities, and religions, but culturally India must remain Hindu. That is the only binder we have. Our cultural continuity. People seeking to undermine Hinduism in the name of modernism wont have a country to undermine if they do not realize Hinduism is the binding force of India.

Most of these cattle are grass feeding cattle which feed on their own on whatever brush and vegetation they find. Indians hardly spend money buying oats for their cattles.

grass wont come to cattle, someone has to take them to places where grass is available if I go by your theory of Indian cattles are fed only grass...which is wrong. Better you check with large co-operative units like Amul, Mahananda or even any local farmer who earns his livelihood from his livestock. If livestock is not productive, there is no way one can keep them without incurring any cost...........and finally, if I buy your theory that livestock requires only grass, then can u imagine what wud happen if every year millions of unproductive animals add up to the existing unproductive animals year after years.???!!!..if you don’t want to eat beef its’ up to you, if you don’t want any cow being killed – go and adopt it…don’t just say, stop beef!

Most cows in cities eat garbage and die because of consuming plastic bags.

Cow shelters take in only productive cows and sell milk.Rest are pushed onto the roads to cause fatal injuries.

Then who sells the cows to slaughter houses? When the cows become unproductive, these "Sensitive" people themselves sell the cows to slaughter houses, slaughter houses don't snatch the cows from them.

Another common fate of unproductive cows are to become stray cows, eat from dustbins, live on roads, get beaten up by vegetable vendors at the local market or by the local farmer for entering his farmland, that's the kind of respect people show to cows when their utility is over, wake up mate and stop being a romanticizing about it.

Millions of Indian cows are smuggled over to Bangladesh every year, where they are slaughtered, packaged, and exported to foreign countries, that's a big industry out there. Indian cow owners are already selling their cows to Bangladeshi slaughter houses for ages, cows come from Bengal, Bihar, UP, even from as far as Punjab, but illegally, and sells at a lesser price for the risk of smuggling. If we stop being hypocrites about it, then our poor people can earn some more money, and our country can earn some foreign currency instead of giving the favours to Bangladesh, our cows are getting slaughtered anyway.

And I am yet to eat beef, but that doesn't change anything, all I am saying that respect the diversity of our country, a thread is running where some members want all others to learn Hindi mandatoryly, I mean why? Don't try to impose your will on others, we are a mix of different culture, ethnicity, religions, languages, our country was not built like that, and rightly so, because we are not homogenous, so the only way we can live together peacefully is by accepting each other the way we are.
I just offered a non urban POV. :D It is unfortunate. We show little respect to fellow human beings. No wonder we care so little about animals. :(
But honestly speaking most 'sensitive' people don't sell their cows when they are old. They just dump them on the streets. Which is not good either :( But one thing is important to note. Old cows are often not culled, perhaps because of bad quality of meat or something.

Then again, I ain't no farmer. I still believe a man having cows can be a better person to answer these. I am just an observer. :D

I have a personal objection to meat. But I won't impose it on others - simply because I can't :D

Okay, I won't eat goat if you can get Olivia Munn to convince me. :whistle::whistle::whistle:
UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter | Page 3
Challenge accepted :whistle:

My theory is that to support an extremely large population with primitive techniques of farming, society has to be either 100% vegetarian or omnivore.
Chinese choose to be omnivorous- they ate everything from dogs to worms to sharks
Indians choose to be vegetarians and in such a scenario cow were very important since cow milk is a freely available source of proteins.So people started worshiping cows and gradually it became a dogma.
People in parts of India drank cow urine because cows used to eat fresh plants in the old days and cow urine had all the water soluble vitamins.This too became a dogma eventually.

We need to move away from such dogmas.

Yours isn't a theory- it is a historic truth. Several thousands of years ago hindus were generally meat eaters. This led to a sharp fall in milch cattle. At the same time there was an increasing emphasis on 'soul purity' that saw the rise in vegetarianism. Both put together led to the cow being proclaimed holy by the brahministic groups. I'm ok with it because I generally don't eat beef. But I don't fully subscribe to the need to declare 'holiness' to cattle because the protected status of cattle really didn't do much to increase milk availability for the said 1000s of years. It was in the 1980s under operation flood that we became self sufficient. That had nothing to with the cow being holy but because of a lot of technical innovaitons.

Yours isn't a theory- it is a historic truth. Several thousands of years ago hindus were generally meat eaters. This led to a sharp fall in milch cattle. At the same time there was an increasing emphasis on 'soul purity' that saw the rise in vegetarianism. Both put together led to the cow being proclaimed holy by the brahministic groups. I'm ok with it because I generally don't eat beef. But I don't fully subscribe to the need to declare 'holiness' to cattle because the protected status of cattle really didn't do much to increase milk availability for the said 1000s of years. It was in the 1980s under operation flood that we became self sufficient. That had nothing to with the cow being holy but because of a lot of technical innovaitons.
Hindus were never generally voracious meat eaters. There is no evidence at all to support that. Which Brahministic groups? :what: You mean before the cows were not considered holy? :hitwall:

Hindus were never generally voracious meat eaters. There is no evidence at all to support that. Which Brahministic groups? :what: You mean before the cows were not considered holy? :hitwall:

I'm not talking now man- I'm talking 1000s of years ago. You'll have to dig into aincient India you know all the way back to Aryan invasion and then onwards. The rise of the Brahmins as the pre-eminent group etc.

What security from destructive warfare? You missed Iraq, Libya, Syria, Vietnam, and many other places. People were traveling all along human history, that is how they reached all corners of the world. What is the point in flying from A to B when all you do is go from one office in A to another office in B. There are most hospitals than ever and more diseases than ever and more patients than ever. More people taking medicines and undergoing treatment now than ever. The vedic rishis always knew about the workings of nature. Harmony was achieved and maintained for thousands of years. 200-300 years of your scientific progress and the world is alarmed about global warming and facing a nuclear holocaust.

What is the point of communication when people do not see each other face to face and talk, but spend all their time on facebook mindlessly clicking likes on the umpteenth baby or puppy photos.

Sarthak I know he is a Modi supporter, but his thinking is just like that of Pakistanis. The same secular people who wanted to do the exact opposite of all that Pakistanis did and achieved the same results (but for the grace of god and their incompetence, India is not totally screwed).

This difference he will never get.

Are any of these comparable to insecurity and war on whim of kings of old days,sacking of cities.On medicine just refer to the avergae life spans of human beings and the rate of child mortality,first is growing longer second is ever shorter.At least they have the option,in those days u would have to walk.As to rishis knowing secrtes of nature,this is possible though unproven.Meditation and spiritual awareness can achieve many wonderous things,but it can never replace the triumphant march of science.Newton's laws of motion set down in ink are more use than isolated rishi knowledge that are of little use to rest of us.

Somras is/was an alcoholic drink, that's why Asuras were against it but Suras or our Devas liked it. In certain Tantric rituals alcoholic drinks are necessary, where did you get that Hindus don't drink alcoholic drinks?

Same goes for meat also.

Nonsense, Sura meant fermented drink ONLY in the beginning of the Vedas but later in pretty much all Hindu scriptures, denotes Amrit and all that is good.

For the last couple of thousand years, Sura and Asura in Hindu scriptures denote good and evil. There is NO ambiguity about it.

Somras is said to help induce trance state or higher consciousness, but nothing much is know. Rest is all speculation colored by bias and prejudice.

Below are some of the excerpts from ancient scriptures and epics.

1)Mahabharata, 500 B.C.: King Rantiveda slaughters 2,000 cows a day in his royal kitchens and distributed beef along with grain to apparently grateful Brahmins, the Hindu priests.

2)Charak Samhita, 100 B.C.: Flesh of cow is prescribed as a medicine for various diseases. It is also prescribed for making soup and advised as a cure for irregular fever, consumption, and emaciation. The fat of the cow is recommended for debility and rheumatism.

3)Taittiriya Brahman , 500 B.C.: Verily the cow is food.

4)Yajnavalkya, one of the most popular hindu sages: ''Some people do not eat cow meat. I do so, provided it's tender.''

5)Sacrificial offering for Indra, the rain God and Agni, the fire God, are bulls and cows. (Perhaps that is why we are having less rain, as we stopped sacrificing cows.)

6)Vedas have mentioned 250 animals out of which at least 50 are fit for sacrifice and human consumption.

7)Manusmriti did not prohibit the consumption of beef.

Holy Cow a Myth? An Indian Finds The Kick Is Real - New York Times

@Manvantaratruti @madhu_greenleaf

Who said that alternative versions of Ramayanas were written by plagiarizers? Wasn't Raavana a Dharmik?

However, you didn't answer what is Sura that Devas/Suras loved to drink but Asuras were against it?

If you expect me to comment on your posts on Hinduism, post authentic sources, NOT Propaganda pieces from NYT or translations by christian 'scholars'.

Alternatively you can post the original sanskrit verse and I can provide the best translation.

PS: Looks like Sarthak Ganguly has given a most appropriate reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom