What's new

Universities > Top 500 (most recent) by country

i found 1 thing amazing here......surprisingly this thread had bought both Indian's and Chinese together.Instead of mud slinging against each other both r defending for each other...amazing is not it:confused:

You would be surprised to find out that things that unite China and India are far greater than things that divide them. Both countries had a glorious histories and had been savaged by western imperialism for the past 200 years, and now both are poor developing nations that are on their way to reclaim the their historical positions in the world with miraculous speed of growth. In the end, the real enemy for both is still out there, not on the continent of Asia.

Last edited:
would add Intellectual property rights, democracy, freedom, local control of schools.

You know how ridiculous you are sounding right now?

You could have not done any better than this for shooting yourself in the foot.

Are you saying that India is a country without legal protection of IP rights, democracy, freedom???

Obvious from your continuous demonstration of your inability for deductive reasoning, logical explanation is not going to do you any good. So I will go really slow for you, for starter why don't you compile a list of top ranking universities with their establishment dates.

Last edited:
You know how ridiculous you are sounding right now?

You could have not done any better than this for shooting yourself in the foot.

Are you saying that India is a country without legal protection of IP rights, democracy, freedom???

Obvious from your continuous demonstration of your inability for deductive reasoning, logical explanation is not going to do you any good. So I will go really slow for you, for starter why don't you compile a list of top ranking universities with their establishment dates.

I did not say that but now you bring it up it pretty well applies to China.

Piracy of intellectual property is everywhere in China. Some logos like the Lacoste alligator even come in multiple knockoffs. And on the street, the pirates come to you, selling the hottest DVD's, for instance, at $1 to $2 each. Bootleg designer watches at an even greater discount.
Online NewsHour: Intellectual Property Rights Violations in China -- October 13, 2005

Piracy of intellectual property is everywhere in China. Some logos like the Lacoste alligator even come in multiple knockoffs. And on the street, the pirates come to you, selling the hottest DVD's, for instance, at $1 to $2 each. Bootleg designer watches at an even greater discount.
Online NewsHour: Intellectual Property Rights Violations in China -- October 13, 2005

HaHaHa, a shameless posts copycat talking about copying? what the hell wrong with you, that should be the last thing you want to talk about. Man you simply shameless.:rofl::rofl:
128298583190782500copycat.jpg
:hang2:

Right, you did not say that, but you damn well implied that in your previous posts that US has more top ranking universities than China and India is because of blah, blah, blah...

Well, then you can explain that why without the problem of those piracies, freedom and democracy, Brazil and India have less top ranking school than China.

I am really amused by how your mind works. The way how you can put two and two together without any logic is a mystery.

Last edited:
Man you can pay for this stuff; Chinaownseverything vs Captain America! :yahoo::yahoo:

Hey Chinaowns, I wouldn't mention quantum physics if I were you. Such things have little practical application. Schrodinger's cat lol! :china:

Hey Captain, intellectual property rights actually has nothing to do with learning or innovation. It actually impedes learning, since you have to pay royalties. :usflag:

Man you can pay for this stuff; Chinaownseverything vs Captain America! :yahoo::yahoo:

Hey Chinaowns, I wouldn't mention quantum physics if I were you. Such things have little practical application. Schrodinger's cat lol! :china:

Hey Captain, intellectual property rights actually has nothing to do with learning or innovation. It actually impedes learning, since you have to pay royalties. :usflag:

Right on, but I advice you not to waste your breath here. I don't think that he actually can grasp the concept of intellectual protectionism and intellectual monopoly. You need go really really slow.

Teleportation has no practical application?

Quantum encryption has no practical application?

Quantum computing has no practical application?

The bottomline is that even though the USA has a bunch of prizes and high in rankings.

Every time the USA enter into a academic competition they get beat by China and Russia.

So who has the bad schools China, Russia or the USA?

Would you say that a military that has a lot of awards and high rankings (given by secret judges) is better despite losing to a military with no awards over and over again in combat??

2. CHINA HAS WORLD RECORD IN TELEPORTATION

3. CHINA HAS WORLD RECORD IN QUANTUM CAT STATE
Update: China claims record in quantum cat state

China now has world record in Teleportation and Dead Cats,,,,and they wonder why 1.3 billion Chinese have not won a nobel prize in 110 years. :rofl:

Your kidding me right?? Really, please tell you're posted that as a joke.

He was right those experiments has no practical application in their intentions, however science is about discovery. That is what those experiments are designed for.

"That's because great achievement has no road map. The X-Ray is pretty good, and so is penicillin, and neither were discovered with a practical objective in mind. I mean, when the electron was discovered in 1897, it was useless. And now we have an entire world run by electronics. Hayden and Mozart never studied the classics. They couldn't. They invented them."

I just check the source from our dear copycat friend, something i found quite interesting, the article seems to be dated back in 2004, if thats the case, whats the point to discuss something that wasn't even valid for today anymore?

Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan; Southwest region (Arizona, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas), California, New York, Massachusetts, Indiana, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, and “HUBS” region (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania)
Da Hsuan Feng
Vice President for Research and Graduate Education
The University of Texas at Dallas
During 2004, I was fortunate enough to be invited by higher education institutions in Russia, Mexico, Malaysia, South Korea, Beijing, Shanghai, and India. Everywhere I went, I saw enthusiasm, interest, and concern for their research universities. One issue continues to come up in discussions was
“How good is our research university as compared to the rest of the world ?”

2. CHINA HAS WORLD RECORD IN TELEPORTATION

3. CHINA HAS WORLD RECORD IN QUANTUM CAT STATE
Update: China claims record in quantum cat state

China now has world record in Teleportation and Dead Cats,,,,and they wonder why 1.3 billion Chinese have not won a nobel prize in 110 years. :rofl:

It is really sad to watch you pathetically troll on this without first understand even what Quantum Teleportation and Quantum Cat State which named after Schrödinger's cat are.

It seems that you still have not learned the truth about Nobel Prize, but given your intellectual capacity, it is understandable.

Last edited:

My dear copycat, bringing up a 2005 article to support your pathetic trolling won't help either. Now learn something new called "Facts"

Myth No. 2:

China is merely an imitator, not an innovator.

Until the mid-1970s, Japan too was regarded as an imitator. China is evolving at a faster rate. From 2004 to 2008, China-origin patents granted by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) grew at about a 33 percent annual rate relative to virtually zero growth in the number of all patents granted (see Number of Patents Granted by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office below). If current trends continue, by 2020, the number of China-origin patents granted by the USPTO will exceed those from Germany, the U.K., France, and Italy combined.
48CEO_MarApr10.jpg

Myth No. 3:

Intellectual property risks are the biggest challenge that foreign companies face in China.

China’s historical disregard for intellectual property rights (IPR) is well known and has been extensively documented in legal skirmishes such as those between Cisco and Huawei, General Motors and Chery Auto, and Microsoft and an army of pirates in small shops as well as high-rise offices. However, China is changing rapidly and, even in the IPR arena, today’s China is quite different from that of even five years ago. First, the government has now become extremely serious about developing science, technology and innovation as the new basis for China’s competitiveness. It has concluded that a weak IPR regime is as much a deterrent to domestic innovators as it is to foreign companies. IPR lawsuits by Chinese companies against each other are now a welcome and growing phenomenon.

Second, large publicly listed and increasingly global Chinese companies are not only more professionally run than the purely domestic Chinese companies of yesterday, they are also increasingly wary of the reputational and business risks associated with facing an IPR lawsuit outside China. Third, on the consumer goods front, as China’s retail sector has become increasingly consolidated into large chains, the new intermediaries are far more interested in selling higher-margin genuine products than very low-priced, low-margin fakes.

In short, while piracy in China is not dead, it is a declining challenge for both commercial and consumer products and, in any case, pales in comparison with other challenges, such as widespread corruption, a brutally competitive marketplace, a vast and diverse country, and government regulations that can change rapidly and may vary from one province to another.
tive.net/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=Publishing&mod=Publications::Article&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=BD5C022A518B43A592C586BBED15F3DC]Six Myths About China | Articles | Chief Executive - The magazine for the Chief Executive Officer

He was right those experiments has no practical application in their intentions, however science is about discovery. That is what those experiments are designed for.

"That's because great achievement has no road map. The X-Ray is pretty good, and so is penicillin, and neither were discovered with a practical objective in mind. I mean, when the electron was discovered in 1897, it was useless. And now we have an entire world run by electronics. Hayden and Mozart never studied the classics. They couldn't. They invented them."

An understanding of quantum mechanics impacts every aspect of our modern life. The list is miles long. I just did a project on computational chemistry, a field not possible without quantum mechanics.

Computational chemistry is used to predict and stream line chemical synthesis of modern drugs, new super materials, superconductors, semi-conductors and the list goes on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom