What's new

UN vote recognizes state of Palestine as non-member state

Okay so you are asking me to adhere to our revisionism history while bashing my country, but then you keeper of all the Muslim ummah landed your sorry self where/ In the very country you bash, LOL

What part of " White man stole land from Native Amercan " do you find "revision History" ?

You are sooo screwed up, it is a waste of time to remove your IGNORANCE. Like I said, read up on World History so you don't go thru life being an Ignorant man.

anti-Jews in UR is always existing,
in 1948, when Israel declared independence,Palestine didn't, and all the Arabs neighbors attacked Israel, Palestine didn't waiting for the victory, Israel standed successful in the place with all the hostile neighbors.

conflict for so many years, people became sympathy for the Palestinian, and think Palestine independence can solf the hostile with each other, if Palestine has a government can stop the terrorist attacks to Israel; Sympathize with the weaks --human nature.

By your logic i should be sympathizing with the Uyghurs and all the weak people who want to separate from the mighty China.
But i do not. Palestinians breed on hatred and evil and i have no sympathy for evil.

This "moderate" West Bank government is demanding not only an independent Palestinian state but Israel's capital and for all the Palestinians to return into Israel as well. Which is basically asking Israel to commit national suicide.

As to people thinking that a Palestinian state would solve the conflict, i would answer that many people are blissfully ignorant of the nature of the Arabs.

What the UN Palestine Vote Means and What It Doesn’t
Eugene Kontorovich • November 29, 2012 8:26 pm

1) It should be no surprise that 130-odd countries took the rather technical step of of voting recognize Palestine as a “non-member” in the U.N. General Assembly. That is roughly the number of countries that already directly recognize Palestine as a state! If they have already actually recognized the state themselves, voting to extend such recognition for some particular purpose is hardly precedent-making. (Palestine’s international-recognition level rivals Israel’s.)

2) The apparent diplomatic victory is itself a consolation prize for the collapse of Abbas’ bid last year for actual U.N. membership for Palestine, which was rejected at the Security Council. If that effort was to be a “diplomatic tsunami,” as Israel’s defense minister warned, the current ploy is at most a chill breeze.

3) The vote must be seen in the context of a long history of past anti-Israel resolutions in the GA. These illustrate both the automatic majority such resolutions enjoy, and their unimportance to actual events. For example, in the 1970s, the parliament of nations overwhelmingly agreed that Zionism is a form a racism, and thus the entire country is illegitimate. In 2009, the GA adopted a resolution that concluded Israel intentionally sought to slaughter innocent Palestinian civilians in the Gaza War – a resolution based on the Goldstone report, which has since been retracted by its eponymous author.

4) There is nothing new even in the European position. Since 1980 Europe has maintained that the lands occupied by Jordan and Egypt in their 1948-49 war against Israel is actually
“Palestinian territory,” which Israel must leave. The European votes are consistent with their accord with almost all major Palestinian demands.

5) The theory that some European votes were motivated by the recent Gaza campaign shows that Israel can’t just win. It gets rocketed when it leaves territory, and that same rocketing is used as a pretext for going along with efforts that defy all previous agreements. It is a classic good cop/bad cop routine Hamas and Fatah are running.

6) Abbas’s repeated refusal to heed any of America’s insistent and increasingly pathetic requests (stop the resolution, or even tone it down) represents a slap in the face for President Obama – a flat refusal to cooperate or accomodate American (and many European) interests. This demonstrates the failure of Obama’s policy “outreach” towards the Palestinians, and his general courting of the Arab world. Despite his explicitly creating “space” between Israel and the US in his first term, it has not made the Palestinians even the least bit tractable on any issue, even when it comes to embarrassing the U.S.

Presumably all those who were indignant about Netanyahu’s purported “defiance” of Obama will now take up the President’s honor against Abbas.

7) Speaking of the President – credit where credit is due. I have previously criticized the record of his first three years on Israel, and stand by that. My criticism was always non-partisan. As I often point out, the Democratic Party has always been in lock-step with the general American solicitude for Israel, but Obama in his first three years took a different, confrontational course.

In the year before the election, he switched gears. I am happy to observe that since the election, his support of Israel has been what one would expect of any generic American president. One suspects that Abbas’s obvious rejection of any serious peace process, and his open use of Obama as a cat’s paw, began to grate.

A milestone for the full recognizance of Palestine as a nation state. A tribute to all the children and babies recently killed by Israelis using weapons of mass destruction from the US war criminals. 60 years of sufferings of the Palestinians people have now surpassed the killings of Jews by the nazis. It is not because the nazis had killed thousands of Jews that this gives the right to the Jews to do the same to the Palestinians people. Its high time now that Palestinians ask for compensation for all the massacre and destruction committed by Israelis just as the latter had asked for compensation to Germany.

A milestone for the full recognizance of Palestine as a nation state. A tribute to all the children and babies recently killed by Israelis using weapons of mass destruction from the US war criminals. 60 years of sufferings of the Palestinians people have now surpassed the killings of Jews by the nazis. It is not because the nazis had killed thousands of Jews that this gives the right to the Jews to do the same to the Palestinians people. Its high time now that Palestinians ask for compensation for all the massacre and destruction committed by Israelis just as the latter had asked for compensation to Germany.
It's a convenient "history" you've recited but that doesn't make it true.

It is interesting to consider what Israel could do to "Palestine" and its leadership at the ICC. Israel has the backing of objective fact and law; "Palestine" that of popularity. Which do you think does better in a courtroom?

What part of " White man stole land from Native Amercan " do you find "revision History" ?

You are sooo screwed up, it is a waste of time to remove your IGNORANCE. Like I said, read up on World History so you don't go thru life being an Ignorant man.

why reply, ignore stinking curries :D

My heartiest congratulations to the Palestinian people.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The UN resolution is another positive step in Palestine’s progress towards statehood living in peace and security alongside Israel.

Like we were not ready to assume responsibility entailing a country for 200 years? Your lines sounds like early 20th century colonialist argument.

In both West bank and Gaza, order is maintained by the respective ruling organizations. That is enough.

Hmmm in contrast we were producing our own power, we had our own industries, own economic system, own banking and tax collection system, own public service, own armed forces, own agricultural lands none of which the Palestinians have and have to depend on Israel for all this. In our case the British just had to transfer power and we were good to go. I dont think its the case for Palestine.

Most importantly as a "country" can Palestine rein in the loose jihadis who fire rockets into Israel as per international obligations ?

Palestine right now is an artificial entity that survives entirely on aid and supplies routed through Israel and if tomorrow stops everything to "Palestine" since its an independent country and its supposed to take care of itself, then you would know if they are ready for nationhood or not.

Sometimes people can be good agitationists but may not be good administrators. What needs to be done is the FATAH and HAMAS must come to terms with the fact Israel is going to be there and rein in the loose cannons so that it can co-operate with Israel on equal terms to establish a local economy, industry, farming and then think of nationhood.

Right now I just want the Israelis to cut down all the aid an essential supplies to Palestine and ask them people to try take care of themselves as an independent country. Then all facade will fall through.

Dont think I do not support Palestine as a separate country. Just that if they are declared an independent country right now, they will go bust in a week without external help. That in my books is not an independent country.

India should stop being America's b-t-h and do the right thing, which is support Palestine's independence.
India voted in favor of the resolution.

Vote on Status of Palestine at United Nations

The draft resolution on the Status of Palestine at the United Nations (document A/67/L.28) was adopted by a recorded vote of 138 in favour to 9 against, with 41 abstentions, as follows:

In favour: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Against: Canada, Czech Republic, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Panama, United States.

Abstain: Albania, Andorra, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Colombia, Croatia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Estonia, Fiji, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, United Kingdom, Vanuatu.

Absent: Equatorial Guinea, Kiribati, Liberia, Madagascar, Ukraine.

Great for Palestine. There is no alternative to a 2 state solution.

But i also support Israel to cut down all those jehadis there who fire rockets.

Trying to commit genocide against newly arrived Jews from the ghetos was indeed wrong.
Russia, China and France have always supported the Arabs. That'll backfire on China as it is already backfiring on France and Russia.

What right did they have to go there? It was your logic that, 'locals don't like Jews, let's import more of them'

What right did they have to go there? It was your logic that, 'locals don't like Jews, let's import more of them'
The right of the Jews to settle Palestine by purchase or on state lands with the intent of eventual statehood was enshrined in the Mandate for Palestine by the League of Nations - the same League that provided Arabs with newly-independent states like Iraq, Syria, Egypt, etc.

Trying to commit genocide against newly arrived Jews from the ghetos was indeed wrong.
Russia, China and France have always supported the Arabs. That'll backfire on China as it is already backfiring on France and Russia.

any backfire on india who is your best friend but voted in favour of the motion?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom