What's new

UN vote recognizes state of Palestine as non-member state

any backfire on india who is your best friend but voted in favour of the motion?

It is understood that the leadership in India aims to please Muslim voters but leaderships in democracies tend to change.

Congrats Palestine. May there be peace in your region soon enough.

It is understood that the leadership in India aims to please Muslim voters but leaderships in democracies tend to change.

in respect of the sovereignty of Palestine, they still have a long way to go before they can declare an independent state. Israel still controls everything in there.

All I wish any bloodshed should stop in the region and have peace for all people concerned.

An independence of Palestine seems to be the way to go for a prolonged peace in the area. That also serves to rein-in the Palestinians' struggle for independence! Instead of attacking each another, both countries can leave the fighting behind and concentrate on many things more productive.

India voted in favor of the resolution.

Vote on Status of Palestine at United Nations

The draft resolution on the Status of Palestine at the United Nations (document A/67/L.28) was adopted by a recorded vote of 138 in favour to 9 against, with 41 abstentions, as follows:

In favour: Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Russian Federation, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Viet Nam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Against: Canada, Czech Republic, Israel, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated States of), Nauru, Palau, Panama, United States.

Abstain: Albania, Andorra, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Colombia, Croatia, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Estonia, Fiji, Germany, Guatemala, Haiti, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malawi, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Poland, Republic of Korea, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Togo, Tonga, United Kingdom, Vanuatu.

Absent: Equatorial Guinea, Kiribati, Liberia, Madagascar, Ukraine.

Actually only FOUR REAL Countries voted Against i.e. USA, Canada, Israel and Czech Republic. The other five so-called countries are 4 tiny Island Nations previously owned by the US like Palau, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Micronesia. The fifth is Panama previously owned by the US as well.

What a joke ? So much for the Israli/US claim that Israel is supported by the majority of free World. I see that Israeli members are hiding ( even though their LAPDOG @JayAtl is quite active ). Quite understandable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually only FOUR REAL Countries voted Against i.e. USA, Canada, Israel and Czech Republic. The other five so-called countries are 4 tiny Island Nations previously owned by the US like Palau, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Micronesia. The fifth is Panama previously owned by the US as well.

What a joke ? So much for the Israli/US claim that Israel is supported by the majority of free World. I see that Israeli members are hiding ( even though their LAPDOG @JayAtl is quite active ). Quite understandable.

debating a topic and news does not make me or anyone a lapdog. but your constant propensity of being a Hamas sympathizer here makes your terrorist fan club member. Irony still remains that ji-hadi's lovers like you live off the welfare of Christian Judea america .

debating a topic and news does not make me or anyone a lapdog. but your constant propensity of being a Hamas sympathizer here makes your terrorist fan club member. Irony still remains that ji-hadi's lovers like you live off the welfare of Christian Judea america .

Don't like it? GET OFF THIS FORUM HINDUTVA!! No one is here to please you, and no one likes you.... Most PDF'ers here support Palestine, those who dont can etiher shut their mouth or (if they love Israel) can gtfo this forum :)

Don't like it? GET OFF THIS FORUM HINDUTVA!! No one is here to please you, and no one likes you.... Most PDF'ers here support Palestine, those who dont can etiher shut their mouth or (if they love Israel) can gtfo this forum :)

i'm an atheist...Boooo :chilli:

i'm an atheist...Boooo :chilli:

All I'm saying is if you love Israel alot, it will hurt majority PDF'ers feelings who support Palestine... Can you not declare it on every Israeli vs Palestinian thread as well?

Even if it was only one - who cares? I see many Palestinians - they also dont care. Just another empty useless declaration by useless organization called UN.

By the way, I support Palestinian state, but unfortunately this declaration is not going to make Palestine a state. It will remain an entity that solely depends on Israel and Western aid.

Hmmm in contrast we were producing our own power, we had our own industries, own economic system, own banking and tax collection system, own public service, own armed forces, own agricultural lands none of which the Palestinians have and have to depend on Israel for all this. In our case the British just had to transfer power and we were good to go. I dont think its the case for Palestine.
Ohh... so that's why the British had to invade India. Those chaps were so generous to us. They gave us all those things so that we could become a nation state.

By the same token, so many African countries are not able to provide security to their citizens. Which country do you want to put them under?

Even if the people are cavemen, they should be able to declare a state.
Most importantly as a "country" can Palestine rein in the loose jihadis who fire rockets into Israel as per international obligations ?
There is nothing in the international law denying statehood on these lines. You could not do squat to a 'country' that pokes you with loose jihadis every other year. And yet you go about how some people do not have the right to a country. Some stellar argument you have there.
Palestine right now is an artificial entity that survives entirely on aid and supplies routed through Israel and if tomorrow stops everything to "Palestine" since its an independent country and its supposed to take care of itself, then you would know if they are ready for nationhood or not.
This is laughable. A population under blockade and severe restrictions on even movement cannot be expected to survive on itself. Palestinians are being kept at the right temperature so that they will some day feel 'enough pain' and renounce their rightful claims.
Are you not listening to what you are saying? You are deciding which people are allowed to be states.
Sometimes people can be good agitationists but may not be good administrators. What needs to be done is the FATAH and HAMAS must come to terms with the fact Israel is going to be there and rein in the loose cannons so that it can co-operate with Israel on equal terms to establish a local economy, industry, farming and then think of nationhood.
Check your facts. Both Hamas and Fatah want Palestine based on 1967 borders. Guess what is going to be outside their borders.
Right now I just want the Israelis to cut down all the aid an essential supplies to Palestine and ask them people to try take care of themselves as an independent country. Then all facade will fall through.
Sure. That's when the facade will fall down and people will realize the full effects of the blockade and occupation.
Dont think I do not support Palestine as a separate country. Just that if they are declared an independent country right now, they will go bust in a week without external help. That in my books is not an independent country.
Please read up on the issue. Palestine is not some pretty big boss house where people are allowed to do whatever they want to build an economy. Who cares about your definition of an independent country? If the people there want it, they should have a country.
Israel always has the other option of giving the Palestinians equal rights if it thinks Palestine is not going to survive as a country.

Ohh... so that's why the British had to invade India. Those chaps were so generous to us. They gave us all those things so that we could become a nation state.

Small difference before the British came we were the richest country in the world. But before the Israelis came also Palestine was a barren desert. Actually its the Israelis who have manged to change the landscape of that area with some technological breakthroughs.

Even if the people are cavemen, they should be able to declare a state.

There is no point in declaring a state when one does not have the means to run it.

There is nothing in the international law denying statehood on these lines. You could not do squat to a 'country' that pokes you with loose jihadis every other year. And yet you go about how some people do not have the right to a country. Some stellar argument you have there.

Why should we do even squat ? I believe in Karma and my belief in it has only increased in these years seeing what Pak is going through at the hands of the very snakes it created.

This is laughable. A population under blockade and severe restrictions on even movement cannot be expected to survive on itself. Palestinians are being kept at the right temperature so that they will some day feel 'enough pain' and renounce their rightful claims.

As if before the Israelis came, the palestinians were doing great. They were just true bedouins roaming the deserts. Not much improvement these days too. And why the blockade ? Because if not, then the first thing these crazies will do is go up an explode up in some internet cafe or bus killing civilians. No sympathies to terrorists. The Palestinians must be made to understand, if necessary forcefully, that Israel is here to stay and that no amount of violence can uproot it from here. If they dont understand it and continue to fire rockets then get ready for the *** kicking.

Check your facts. Both Hamas and Fatah want Palestine based on 1967 borders. Guess what is going to be outside their borders.

Reality check - Charter of Hamas,

Article Thirteen: Peaceful Solutions, [Peace] Initiatives and International Conferences
[Peace] initiatives, the so-called peaceful solutions, and the international conferences to resolve the Palestinian problem, are all contrary to the beliefs of the Islamic Resistance Movement. For renouncing any part of Palestine means renouncing part of the religion; the nationalism of the Islamic Resistance Movement is part of its faith, the movement educates its members to adhere to its principles and to raise the banner of Allah over their homeland as they fight their Jihad: “Allah is the all-powerful, but most people are not aware.” From time to time a clamoring is voiced, to hold an International Conference in search for a solution to the problem. Some accept the idea, others reject it, for one reason or another, demanding the implementation of this or that condition, as a prerequisite for agreeing to convene the Conference or for participating in it. But the Islamic Resistance Movement, which is aware of the [prospective] parties to this conference, and of their past and present positions towards the problems of the Muslims, does not believe that those conferences are capable of responding to demands, or of restoring rights or doing justice to the oppressed. Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the nonbelievers as arbitrators in the lands of Islam.

Some of the principles of the Hamas are stated in their Covenant or Charter

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).

"The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Muslim generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. "

"There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors."

Peaceful my ***. They dont know how to peacefully co-exist with the infidel and since in this case the infidel is kickass powerful than them, they will continue to throw stones and rockets and get killed in ret

Sure. That's when the facade will fall down and people will realize the full effects of the blockade and occupation.

Gazans have a standard of life much better than South asia under all the "occupation" - courtesy Israelis.

Please read up on the issue. Palestine is not some pretty big boss house where people are allowed to do whatever they want to build an economy. Who cares about your definition of an independent country? If the people there want it, they should have a country.
Israel always has the other option of giving the Palestinians equal rights if it thinks Palestine is not going to survive as a country.

Idiots like you who are all emotion dont understand that runnin a country is not child's play. Nation building does not happen in vacuum in the absence of a proper leadership, resources, economy and manpower. unfortunately Palestine has nothing. They are better off living off Israeli money doing no work.

^^ Same can also be said about India... Oppression of Kashmiris by Hindu Army = 26/11 and Parliament attack?

And one thing more, you dont calculate per capita in third world countries... That why no one calculates Indian per capita because everyone knows 70% of Indians live below $2.00

Congratulation to world youngest and most useless state

ZJuos.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom