What's new

UN declares 'World YOGA Day'......

Agreed with that... But Yoga & meditation got lime light when Beatles group reached Rishikesh met Maharishi Mahesh Yogi back in 1968 n since then flow of western people has not stopped...
Ramjhulla n Lakhsmankhulla area is already flooded with foreigners who comes for learning Yoga n Meditation in Rishikesh....

@levina no excuse now .... Visit my town...

There are already many people employed as yoga teacher in west from Rishikesh....

Check my DP it does give you a glimpse of my town. I will share few pics later ...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/06/2...nofficial-capital-of-yoga.html?referrer=&_r=0

The Beatles in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yoga Centers Rishikesh, Yoga Ashrams Rishikesh

sure !! :-)
I used to have compulsory yoga classes in my school. Though I never practised it after my school days. I find jogging and light exercises a lot more interesting.Afaik each aasan has a way of approaching it and if not done properly it can harm you for example many have complained dizziness after doing suryanamaskar.
But i'm glad ppl 're getting more and more health conscious and that yoga has got recognition.

sure !! :-)
I used to have compulsory yoga classes in my school. Though I never practised it after my school days. I find jogging and light exercises a lot more interesting.Afaik each aasan has a way of approaching it and if not done properly it can harm you for example many have complained dizziness after doing suryanamaskar.
But i'm glad ppl 're getting more and more health conscious and that yoga has got recognition.

I don't do yoga exercise much except few breathing ones... But I am regular with my meditation to add Sattva n balancing the Rajas, Tamas n Sattva..... Transcend Meditation is very common... Try n reap the fruit....

I don't do yoga exercise much except few breathing ones... But I am regular with my meditation to add Sattva n balancing the Rajas, Tamas n Sattva..... Transcend Meditation is very common... Try n reap the fruit....
looking forward to the pics which you promised to upload :)

Yoga ne aakhir tumhari aisi kya cheez mar li jo itni mirchi lag rahi hai? :lol:

Yoga ne to nahi... Ho sakta hai kisi Yogi ne ..?

OT : Good Achievement for Modi sarkaar...

hippies... including that over-rated noise group called "beatles".

and your vid is too long, so didn't watch it... and i saw that the speaker is a mathematician... i have always said mathematicians are fools, with the same credibility of astrologers, priests and stock brokers.

and those foreigners having learnt yoga in rishikesh and so becoming "mentally fit" have contributed to the world what exactly??

mods, please close thread... it promotes superstition and pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo.

Are u really serious Mr.Gaddafi Jr.? You seems to hate anything related to Indian & Hindu culture .

Are u really serious Mr.Gaddafi Jr.? You seems to hate anything related to Indian & Hindu culture .

wasn't the story of "heer ranjha" from india?? what of ghalib?? and isn't the lady of my current obsession from india as well??

wasn't the story of "heer ranjha" from india?? what of ghalib?? and isn't the lady of my current obsession from india as well??
What's that suppose to mean ? And how is it related to closing down this informative thread.:what:

What's that suppose to mean ? And how is it related to closing down this informative thread.:what:

you claimed i hate everything from india, so i replied with what i liked from india.

if you start threads about "heer ranjha" or bhagat singh or the glories of tipu sultan, i will celebrate those threads... but this thread is about pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, this time called yoga... what next, "naadi shastra" reading of leaves to predict a person's future??

you claimed i hate everything from india, so i replied with what i liked from india.

if you start threads about "heer ranjha" or bhagat singh or the glories of tipu sultan, i will celebrate those threads... but this thread is about pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo, this time called yoga... what next, "naadi shastra" reading of leaves to predict a person's future??
Really Mr.Gaddafi Jr ........Yoga is practised by around 250 million people around the world for keeping their body & mind fit & effectiveness of yoga for helping to cancer, schizophrenia, asthma, and heart disease is well known.

I think you are just the person I was looking for.......
I want to practice meditation but unable to concentrate.....I searched online for techniques but they are not satisfactory.....
Can you help me with the different forms and techniques of meditation??.....I have lots of questions regarding this, if you wish, you can give me your email address....or I can ask all those questions in this thread itself if you say........

Last edited:
Yoga is practised by around 250 million people around the world

and each of those 250 million can be wrong... numbers don't mean much when applied to cultural beliefs and political ideologies... many more than your number practice capitalism, one way or another... or have absolute belief in the benefits of college degrees... yet they are wrong.

please... we must believe in our common sense that nature is supposed to give us.

for keeping their body & mind fit & effectiveness of yoga for helping to cancer, schizophrenia, asthma, and heart disease is well known.

truly??

so we don't need chemotherapy then... and we forget about the recent german invention of using magnetically rotated nano-sized iron particles to cure brain cancer... we all must send the cancer-afflicted to "art of living" yoga centre in bangalore.

heart disease?? what need of surgery and stents when all one must do is "we will breathe in... now breath out".

asthma... no need of the phus-phus pumps.

schizophrenia... oh, yes... we shouldn't remove the pseudo-science of psychiatry but encourage it more using the "real science" of yoga... wonderful.

but reality happens like this... ( Toxin in lauki kills diabetic city scientist : North, News - India Today )...
POP remedies, like those promoted by television gurus as traditional medicine to cure chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension, may kill you if you are not careful.

A few years ago, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in association with AYUSH, conducted a research on plants and vegetables that are reported to have cure a for diabetes.

Back
Top Bottom