What's new

Umayyad invasion of Sindh and the arrival of Islam

Are you saying that the absolute majority of the Ulemas, Islamic scholars, Thelogians etc who accept the authenticity of the Hadiths dont know Quran ? If that is true then it reflects only the sad state of Muslims today.

Unfortunately that is true. I'd suggest you to only refer to the Koran if you wish to know what true Islam is.

but the fact of the matter is that they are still converts.

Conversion as in coercion. Playing on semantics dont help.

If S-19 didn't follow hadiths he would have no idea how to pray.

Please do not seek knowledge from him, because he himself is not very knowledgeable at all.

Unfortunately that is true. I'd suggest you to only refer to the Koran if you wish to know what true Islam is.

Both are Muslims..so whom to believe ?

Conversion as in coercion. Playing on semantics dont help.

Whoever suits your agenda bharti. But if you go to any half educated Muslim, they will end up laughing at you. FYI.

I'm not telling you to believe me.. I'm just telling you to read to the Koran yourself like reading any other book. Only then you would know how much the "islam" which is practiced today differs from the sole holy book (Koran).

Whoever suits your agenda bharti. But if you go to any half educated Muslim, they will end up laughing at you. FYI.

I'm not telling you to believe me.. I'm just telling you to read to the Koran yourself like reading any other book. Only then you would know how much the "islam" which is practiced today differs from the sole holy book (Koran).

I'm a non-Muslim and my interpretation of Islam depends on what the Muslims do and they say. So if you guys yourselves cant agree with yourslef on what is Islam or what constitutes it, what is the point in chiding non-believers with not understanding Islam ?

@ S-19. Sorry I am not aware of Arabic nor I have time or wish to read it. So the easy way out would be asking Muslims themselves.

@ Razpak - S-19 could say the same for you. Half educated.

.............my interpretation of Islam depends on what the Muslims do...............

That is not the correct way to evaluate a religion. I don't know about Hinduism but all Abrahamic religions have their scriptures (Koran, bible, torah) as their core. For example, most christians drink beer. This doesn't mean that christianity allows drinking (alcohol is forbidden in gospels).

That is not the correct way to evaluate a religion. I don't know about Hinduism but all Abrahamic religions have their scriptures (Koran, bible, torah) as their core. For example, most christians drink beer. This doesn't mean that christianity allows drinking (alcohol is forbidden in gospels).

Not the ideal way..yes. But the most practical way. Woo cares about what it is supposed to be in theory ?

Re drinking, that depends if you consider wine as non-alcholic or not ? lol

Well said.

Let me add some more. Christians killed millions of jews in WW2 but the bible didn't said them to do so.

Let me add some more. Christians killed millions of jews in WW2 but the bible didn't said them to do so.

That is a misconception. Nazis killed Jews for their supposed racial inferiority and not of any religious motives.

While we are it, one can add that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was also a Nazi sympathizer.

That is a misconception. Nazis killed Jews for their supposed racial inferiority and not of any religious motives.

While we are it, one can add that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was also a Nazi sympathizer.

Ok then where did bible said kill all inferiors?

All muslims are also not sin less many will go to jahanum.

Not true, and I would appreciate if you would not spread misinformation.

My ancestors were from Jammu, and were Arains.

Thanks.

I read the wikipedia articles with lots of references which says Arains are native to subcontinent and converted to Islam.

Once I heard a Pakistani saying that everyone in Pakistan tries to connect ancestral links with arab soldiers of Muhammad bin Qasim instead of regarding themselves as native son of the soil since ancient times.

Ok then where did bible said kill all inferiors?

You are confusing with what I said.

Nazis did not have a religious angle to killing Jews. The Nazis were motivated by racial superiority **** than any thing else, least of all religion. Something vastly different from the jihadis who use Islam to rationalize,sanctify and glorify their acts. Now you can say , but that is not what true Islam says..but to non-Muslims, Islam is what we experience..what it is on ground...not what it is supposed to be in books.

Lot of sh*t flying around in this thread and that to on religion the opium of masses.
I feel more peaceful as an atheist than as a person following some religion.
Islam did spread in India because of sufi saints who preached peaceful coexistence with Hindus.It is only radicals in both country who like to peddle there own theory. Pakistanis are taught that they ruled the weak Hindus but these revisionist forget that before Brits turned the whole of Pakistan and parts of India was under Sikh empire and powerful Maratha empire in south.

They also forget that Mughals would employ Hindu Rajput's and even Maratha's had a large contigent of Muslim among it forces.

Indian history revisionist will say that all the conversion took place by force when infact most of it was done by the Sufi's who preached tolerance among masses.

I personally detest for the level of hatred that religion has created if there is really a God then he is not God but the Devil himself who makes man to kill himself in the name of religion. I can understand writing this post will have no impact on you folks, but kindly understand this there is no belief greater than humanity.
Respect each other's belief only time will tell if people will burn in hell or die senselessly for a figment of human imagination.

bro these people will never understand, the opium has intoxicated them.:azn:

I read the wikipedia articles with lots of references which says Arains are native to subcontinent and converted to Islam.

Once I heard a Pakistani saying that everyone in Pakistan tries to connect ancestral links with arab soldiers of Muhammad bin Qasim instead of regarding themselves as native son of the soil since ancient times.

Please provide those sources, because they are not accurate in Wikipedia.

Also the genetic test which is conducted or listed on wiki has a weak sample. Only 12 people were tested, and two of them were in fact traced to outside of Sindh.

Anyways to me it does not matter as much as it does to you. I consider myself Punjabi, not Arab.

Back
Top Bottom