What's new

UK ONLY: Cars under £1000

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am looking for a car on behalf of somebody whose budget is just under £1000. Can you guys in UK recommend any car?

His basic need is that the car must be 4/5 doors and the engine size preferably below 1.3cc although bigger engine sized car can be accommodated if the offer is too good to be ignored.

Any advice please? where can I find it? tried Ebay/Autotrader already but in vain. He is looking forward to purchase as soon as possible (possibly within the next 2-3 days).

I am looking for a car on behalf of somebody whose budget is just under £1000. Can you guys in UK recommend any car?

His basic need is that the car must be 4/5 doors and the engine size preferably below 1.3cc although bigger engine sized car can be accommodated if the offer is too good to be ignored.

Any advice please? where can I find it? tried Ebay/Autotrader already but in vain. He is looking forward to purchase as soon as possible (possibly within the next 2-3 days).

Which part of the country?

One of my cousin owns Vauxhall Zafira of old model (not sure but it is between 2004-06) --- similar to these photos.

But the problem is --- this is a 7 seater car with 1800cc engine and he is looking forward to 5 seater only :(

Vauxhall-Zafira_2004_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Vauxhall-Zafira_2004_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

Which part of the country?
London or within 50 radius miles outside London

Thanks I had totally forgotten about loot website but I thoroughly searched it, entered the basic details and shortlisted only 3 cars... to my disappointment that they were listed back in 2013 and the listing still not removed.. and another one 2 months ago which I believe would have been sold by now

So I still need an alternative :(

Thanks I had totally forgotten about loot website but I thoroughly searched it, entered the basic details and shortlisted only 3 cars... to my disappointment that they were listed back in 2013 and the listing still not removed.. and another one 2 months ago which I believe would have been sold by now

So I still need an alternative :(

Pick up a hard copy and concentrate on the richer suburbs for private sales. Works every time. Take cash.

Pick up a hard copy and concentrate on the richer suburbs for private sales. Works every time. Take cash.
There was a time when everybody used to list in loot only. Now the era has changed, everyone likes to list it on eBay or Autotrade or Gumtree (which works similar to loot). That is the reason why I forgot about loot... But the idea is nice that I should also keep an eye on loot.com

There was a time when you find hard copy of loot in every second shop you go to, but now I don't see it anywhere. The time has changed... :(

There was a time when everybody used to list in loot only. Now the era has changed, everyone likes to list it on eBay or Autotrade or Gumtree (which works similar to loot). That is the reason why I forgot about loot... But the idea is nice that I should also keep an eye on loot.com

There was a time when you find hard copy of loot in every second shop you go to, but now I don't see it anywhere. The time has changed... :(

There are a few public auctions around London but that is more dicey and expensive.

I need more advices soon :cry:

There is somebody who told me to come and visit him, he has a car which he purchased for himself but no longer needed. But I am not too sure if I should actually buy from him since this is for somebody else. Still hoping to alternatives... :(

VCheng gave a good advice to visit Public auction so I will definitely visit one soon.. I remember there was one around Walthamstow too... (don't remember exactly but I went there with somebody about 10 years ago)

I've had sub 1K cars before. Plenty available but keep in mind that because of their age fixing things for their MOT usually costs quiet a bit.

Yesterday I was quite confident I would buy this car but somebody didn't let me bid in this auction :( - It was sold for only £800 with valid 11 months MOT and Road tax

2004 FORD FOCUS GHIA BLUE full tax full MOT | eBay

Now I am thinking to place an offer for this car

Chevrolet Lacetti SX 1.6 16V 5Door Hatchback | eBay

The only issue is that it is located in Manchester and in one of the picture it is showing the bumper/roof may be damaged or may be it's just an ice layer on top as the bumper looked good in another photo. The other problem is that the MOT is going to expire today and the guy will have to do the MOT before we arrive or we both could go together as If I do travel from London to Manchester I will have to get it insured before I leave the home so that I can drive it back home.

I would suggest going to an auction.

London - British Car Auctions

Remember to look up the details of these cars before you commit, any car listed as 'sold as seen', be mindful of, usually they give a list of things that are working and 'sold as seen' might land you into trouble.

Though, if the car you want is under £1000 maybe drop going to an auction all together, I think it'd be better to look around in ads, auto-trader and so on.

Yesterday I was quite confident I would buy this car but somebody didn't let me bid in this auction :( - It was sold for only £800 with valid 11 months MOT and Road tax

2004 FORD FOCUS GHIA BLUE full tax full MOT | eBay

Now I am thinking to place an offer for this car

Chevrolet Lacetti SX 1.6 16V 5Door Hatchback | eBay

The only issue is that it is located in Manchester and in one of the picture it is showing the bumper/roof may be damaged or may be it's just an ice layer on top as the bumper looked good in another photo. The other problem is that the MOT is going to expire today and the guy will have to do the MOT before we arrive or we both could go together as If I do travel from London to Manchester I will have to get it insured before I leave the home so that I can drive it back home.
On the insurance just wait till it pass mot and you buy it and just buy gap insurance for a few days over the net

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom