What's new

UK ONLY: Cars under £1000

On the insurance just wait till it pass mot and you buy it and just buy gap insurance for a few days over the net
basically I might have to travel Manchester on 24th of June anyway.. I am not sure yet but there is a strong possibility for that. So if that happens, what I plan to do is, if the offer is accepted i will ask him to do MOT tomorrow and I will visit on 24th of June. I have already got the Insurance quotation for this car and it's somewhat acceptable to me. So what I hope to do is, If I like the car and willing to pay, I will immediately purchase insurance soon after making a payment to him and then head to Bangor (North West Wales) for which I plan to travel on 24th of june and then way back home.

Not sure if I am going there on 24th but still that's what I can do if everything goes smoothly.

I am looking for a car on behalf of somebody whose budget is just under £1000. Can you guys in UK recommend any car?

His basic need is that the car must be 4/5 doors and the engine size preferably below 1.3cc although bigger engine sized car can be accommodated if the offer is too good to be ignored.

Any advice please? where can I find it? tried Ebay/Autotrader already but in vain. He is looking forward to purchase as soon as possible (possibly within the next 2-3 days).
london, UK cars & trucks classifieds - craigslist
you can try different cities on this as well, I chose London as default, this is what we use in the US to purchase used cars, phones, etc. great site works for me all the time

Can someone confirm if this is thick layer of ice or the car is damaged? (look at both the bumper and the roof)

$_57.JPG

Naree Taqbeer Allah hu Akber

Naree Taqbeer Allah hu Akber

Last edited:
Last edited:
That picture of the blue car has the trees reflecting in the paint.

So did you get the Proton?
Well they agreed to sell it for £900 but then the other offer I had also sent to somebody else was also accepted.

Chevrolet Lacetti SX 1.6 16V 5Door Hatchback | eBay

They agreed to sell it for £800 and I had offered £750 but it was acceptable to me... and in the meanwhile one of my uncle offered a car "Toyota Yaris", 2002 model... and the guy for whom I was purchasing said he liked the car. So he is now using Toyota Yaris... Already insured and driving

Even myself is using Toyota Yaris these days even though I don't like it :( - Gonnai switchover to Toyota Prius soon (and I usually prefer Ford and Peugeot for budget cars).

Well they agreed to sell it for £900 but then the other offer I had also sent to somebody else was also accepted.

Chevrolet Lacetti SX 1.6 16V 5Door Hatchback | eBay

They agreed to sell it for £800 and I had offered £750 but it was acceptable to me... and in the meanwhile one of my uncle offered a car "Toyota Yaris", 2002 model... and the guy for whom I was purchasing said he liked the car. So he is now using Toyota Yaris... Already insured and driving

Even myself is using Toyota Yaris these days even though I don't like it :( - Gonnai switchover to Toyota Prius soon (and I usually prefer Ford and Peugeot for budget cars).

The Yaris is a good choice. It is cheap to insure and run in the UK.

The Yaris is a good choice. It is cheap to insure and run in the UK.
That is why I am using it... budget car that is

But at times I have the feeling of a truck :rofl:

Prefer Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra or Peugeot 308 or similar car anytime... Even Vauxhall Corsa isn't bad...

That is why I am using it... budget car that is

But at times I have the feeling of a truck :rofl:

Prefer Ford Focus, Vauxhall Astra or Peugeot 308 or similar car anytime... Even Vauxhall Corsa isn't bad...

Truck? I would describe the Yaris as a tin can. :D

Truck? I would describe the Yaris as a tin can. :D
Yeah tin can is the better definition

But the seating position is quite high with a large windscreen... My cousin loves it, I don't like that.

Back
Top Bottom