What's new

UAE’s F-35 contracts expected to be signed before end of Trump administration

How many of Pakistan's pilots have actually been engaged in air-air combat, and how often.. for you to say that they are experienced in this.

Not that it's impressive, piloting isn't hard. The engineering behind all that is much more difficult

It is not about just individual pilots, as an organisation PAF has seen combat, both in air and ground strikes and knows how to successfully contend with a larger enemy and win. You cannot buy experiance like that

It is not about just individual pilots, as an organisation PAF has seen combat, both in air and ground strikes and knows how to successfully contend with a larger enemy and win. You cannot buy experiance like that

I agree , but wouldn't you say with every passing year PAF is not involved in combat and with new technology out there, things get a bit tricky ? I am sure there are others ways of keeping up to date without having to start a war or join one. Also people do get older and die ...

I agree , but wouldn't you say with every passing year PAF is not involved in combat and with new technology out there, things get a bit tricky ? I am sure there are others ways of keeping up to date without having to start a war or join one. Also people do get older and die ...

I am specifically referring to Feb 27th. As you know, the simple MIG-21/SU-30 kills were not the only thing that happened that day.

PAF took on many Indian aircraft
Our young pilots went into battle knowing they could die that day
Our AEW aircraft successfully directed offensive and defensive combined air ops
Mirages and JF-17s on formation struck 3 heavily defended targets similtanously in a EW heavy arena with the threat of enemy fighters present
By all accounts our Falcon 20 EW aircraft successfully jammed enemy communications

All of the above creates institutional learnings and a cadre of manpower that goes on to lead the PAF.

Finally what is impossible to recreate fully is the actual first day of combat and the nerves and discipline of getting through that.

As I said, I am sure UAE aircrew are good, but they simply have not seen modern combat against a very well equipped enemy. PAF has.

No worries, just wait for four more years and get another deal when Trump is back in office.

Who am I kidding. Looks like they blew it.

No worries, just wait for four more years and get another deal when Trump is back in office.

Who am I kidding. Looks like they blew it.

Trump will never be back in office. White people are becoming minority in US. They can't get the votes to win election.

my stance stands firm. Biden will release it. Once these people get their share

Unlikley, Dems in Congress and many widely praising this move, Biden will look stupid with a U Turn, also seems there is no precedent of the US doing this to Saudia and UAE before, so you cannot be certain of anything.

Biden froze the sale of the F35 and some arms systems to the khaleedji ordered under Trump, he scrapped too the US recognition of the Western Sahara as Moroccan territory...Biden started by blasting the under garment of all those Arabs go boys..

I reckon its just temporary halt. I will be really surprised if they scrapped the deal all together as that would be unprecedented.

I doubt it, now he has done thus (publicly) and earned points within the Dems he will lose much capital backtracking. They new administration could have done this quietly. This was a message.

Even if (and it is a big "if") it does go head now, how secure do you think the UAE will feel in going ahead with the purchase?

This is the end of the deal. Biden has been very clear before coming president that he would not back the UAE or Saudis, he will go back to the Iran deal.

The only people this surprised were people on this forum....

I doubt it, now he has done thus (publicly) and earned points within the Dems he will lose much capital backtracking. They new administration could have done this quietly. This was a message.

Even if (and it is a big "if") it does go head now, how secure do you think the UAE will feel in going ahead with the purchase?

This is the end of the deal. Biden has been very clear before coming president that he would not back the UAE or Saudis, he will go back to the Iran deal.

The only people this surprised were people on this forum....

Well the way i look at it is what benefit does Biden/US will get by halting the deal with either UAE and Saudi? Also the wording used indicated that the door isn't closed on the deal.

“The department is temporarily pausing the implementation of some pending U.S. defense transfers and sales under Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales to allow incoming leadership an opportunity to review,” the department said.

“This is a routine administrative action typical to most any transition, and demonstrates the Administration’s commitment to transparency and good governance, as well as ensuring U.S. arms sales meet our strategic objectives of building stronger, interoperable, and more capable security partners,” it said.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom